New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in American Fork
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Clean and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed for an evening at this hotel in May of 2013. The place seemed squeaky clean, my room was spacious and comfortable, and the staff was extremely friendly. Mentioned to them I was in town to interview for a position and was wished "good luck" by multiple people that evening and the following day, close attention to detail and guests' happiness.

The free breakfast consisted of an assortment of hot items (eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, pancakes) along with the standard cereal/toast/fruit/yogurt. And they had coffee! Was told by a booking agent they would not have coffee (due to the location of the hotel, in Utah "Mt. Conservative" Valley), but the hotel did serve coffee, plus there was a coffee pot in my room.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway are perhaps a bit quieter, but the noise was not very noticeable once th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Price, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The room was clean and the staff was very friendly but the pool was not heated. The pool and the hot tub were attached so when anyone got into the pool or hot tub there was a water transfer which made the hot tub water cold. We picked this hotel to use the hot tub so it was disappointing that it was too cold to sit in.
I then attempted to fill up the tub for my child and the water was darker than tea color and had a metallic odor. I have several pictures and will try to foward them to HI for review. I've never even seen water this color in other countries and the smell was very disconcerting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Amanda G,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our hot tub. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I took the opportunity to spend a couple of days with my grand daughters while they were on Spring break. We loved it. It was immaculate, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The complementary breakfast was hot and good and the girls loved the pool area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rigby, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family using the Priority Club Point Breaks rate, which was a fantastic value. I was able to book a large suite with a king bed and pull-out sofa bed. If you need to be in this part of Utah County, or southern Salt Lake County, the location is great. Nothing really within the immediate area except a few commercial properties, so plan to drive to get to any restaurants. The hotel is very clean, and has been remodeled since the last time I stayed here (when it was part of a competitor chain). My only ding on this property is the typical lackluster Holiday Inn Express breakfast (although being free it can't really be faulted). Being part of the HIE chain you know what to expect.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ajnuff
Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel has recently been reviewed for having poor internet. They fixed this issue- this post is being sent from the hotel.
Also, it is in the top 25% of Holiday Inn Expresses in terms of decor and comfort.

My personal complaints about the hotel are just two-
The air conditioning unit is not easy to operate, and I like a firmer bed. This one is ultra soft by my standards. But I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite. They have pull-out sofa beds for extra guests.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great hotel near everything. But during the winter months be careful of the ice and snow in their parking area. I don't think I ever saw so much snow and ice in a parking lot. Rooms are great and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning is great, food hot.Give yourself space between the cars in the lot. Cars slip and can hit your car like they did mine. Just be careful where you park.

Room Tip: If you are a member of Holiday Inn ask for upgrade. Nice large rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BELGRADE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here one night on the way to California. It was a little hard to find as it's tucked back in a commercial area. The hotel was clean and nice. The only reason I can't give it a higher rating is because our room was like a walk-in freezer when we got in at 10pm. My guess is that no one had stayed in the room for awhile and with the winter temps in this area and no heat going, it was very, very cold. We cranked the heat on high, but it literally just eeked out mildly warm air. All of us layered sweatpants over pajamas and wore hooded sweatshirts to bed...it was that cold! The room finally warmed up after 2am at which point I was able to turn the heat down a bit and take off my sweatshirt, but it made for a miserable beginning to a short night as we needed to be up and on the road again early. I would suggest they turn heat on in the rooms they are expecting guests to check into during the winter months.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank MtVBmom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear MtVBmom,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the coldness in the room. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near American Fork
BEST WESTERN Timpanogos Inn
Hampton Inn Lehi-Thanksgiving Point
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orem/North Provo
Home2 Suites by Hilton Lehi / Thanksgiving Point
Value Place Provo, UT (American Fork)
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City / Lehi

Been to Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo? Share your experiences!