“One of the best in the area”

Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in American Fork
Rigby, Idaho
“One of the best in the area”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family using the Priority Club Point Breaks rate, which was a fantastic value. I was able to book a large suite with a king bed and pull-out sofa bed. If you need to be in this part of Utah County, or southern Salt Lake County, the location is great. Nothing really within the immediate area except a few commercial properties, so plan to drive to get to any restaurants. The hotel is very clean, and has been remodeled since the last time I stayed here (when it was part of a competitor chain). My only ding on this property is the typical lackluster Holiday Inn Express breakfast (although being free it can't really be faulted). Being part of the HIE chain you know what to expect.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ajnuff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Shanghai
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel has recently been reviewed for having poor internet. They fixed this issue- this post is being sent from the hotel.
Also, it is in the top 25% of Holiday Inn Expresses in terms of decor and comfort.

My personal complaints about the hotel are just two-
The air conditioning unit is not easy to operate, and I like a firmer bed. This one is ultra soft by my standards. But I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite. They have pull-out sofa beds for extra guests.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great hotel near everything. But during the winter months be careful of the ice and snow in their parking area. I don't think I ever saw so much snow and ice in a parking lot. Rooms are great and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning is great, food hot.Give yourself space between the cars in the lot. Cars slip and can hit your car like they did mine. Just be careful where you park.

Room Tip: If you are a member of Holiday Inn ask for upgrade. Nice large rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BELGRADE
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here one night on the way to California. It was a little hard to find as it's tucked back in a commercial area. The hotel was clean and nice. The only reason I can't give it a higher rating is because our room was like a walk-in freezer when we got in at 10pm. My guess is that no one had stayed in the room for awhile and with the winter temps in this area and no heat going, it was very, very cold. We cranked the heat on high, but it literally just eeked out mildly warm air. All of us layered sweatpants over pajamas and wore hooded sweatshirts to bed...it was that cold! The room finally warmed up after 2am at which point I was able to turn the heat down a bit and take off my sweatshirt, but it made for a miserable beginning to a short night as we needed to be up and on the road again early. I would suggest they turn heat on in the rooms they are expecting guests to check into during the winter months.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MtVBmom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear MtVBmom,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the coldness in the room. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I'd never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express so figured I'd try it out on my recent business trip to Salt Lake City. Note that I sort of assumed this hotel was closer to SLC than it is. My work took me to Lehi, which was about 6 miles from this hotel. So not bad for work reality as long as you have a car. But don't stay here if you are trying to ski every day, or if you plan on regular trips to Salt Lake City proper.

Overall, hotel was not bad. Staff was very nice, accommodating, and really helpful. Room was big (and I don't have rewards with these guys - no past stays - so I wasn't getting any kind of 'big room' special treatment). The bed was a tad soft for me but not impossibly bad. The TV was new, the amenities were fine, the room seemed clean. My only issue was that I could hear the freeway noise. Like a dull, concrete ocean. Some might consider it white noise and sleep better - who knows! Also, the fridge in the room (also newish and clean) was louuuud. So I had to unplug it.

Overall, I wouldn't stay here again but only because I don't expect to need to again! If I was down this way, and I again couldn't get a room closer to my work, AND needed a room at under a 100 bucks a night, I say why not the Holiday Inn Express?

And special note for the free breakfast: it was all right. They had a pancake machine which tripped me out. But they also had fresh fruit and Yoplait yogurt, plus I think an egg dish of some kind. Again, clean and put together.

Room Tip: Go 3rd floor so no neighbor footsteps on your head
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great spacious room, a little noisy with the freeway adjacent to the hotel. We enjoyed the pool/hot tub and the coupon to the Texas Roadhouse and discovery of the Cold Slab Creamery by accident. The hot breakfast was right up our ally! We would come back for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Provided level of service and quality of room I would anticipate from this brand. Nothing seriously wrong with the facility. Staff very eager to please.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City / Lehi
Best Western Timpanogos Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites Orem
Hampton Inn Lehi-Thanksgiving Point

Been to Holiday Inn Express American Fork - North Provo? Share your experiences!