“Unique fresh grilled sandwiches, in a ramshackle building”
Review of Cravings bistro

Cravings bistro
Ranked #63 of 107 Restaurants in American Fork
Reviewed August 2, 2012

What was good -
Well they took my order quick, as only two other patrons were there before me at noon. The women were semi friendly and steered me through the somewhat confusing menu on the chalkboard. I was recommended the ABC sandwich as one of their best sellers. Its a Apple, Bacon and grilled Cheese with what tasted like grilled onions. I am a big fan of the small owner operator and normally would really go for this type of place. However while fresh tasting and unique the sandwich flavors didn't really come together for me and the bread was so over buttered that I had to wash my hands and face after. I wouldn't say it was bad, but I wouldn't go out of my way to have another.

The BAD - very under capitalized. That is to say the nich in this 60 year old building is only partly repaired and poorly at that. Exposed 2x4's dry wall, unpainted or mixed paint, peg board used as a wall covering, various Costco and lawn furniture with minimal seating, plus a shared space with the clothing store next door (no wall between). I couldn't see into the prep area but I suspect a couple George Foreman's and a table. Wait time was a bit long considering there was no one waiting. I would suggest opening up the cooking area so the patrons have something to watch while they wait. If I was there during the normal lunch rush I don't expect things to last too long.

2  Thank Owen S
Reviewed July 28, 2012

It was a little hard to figure out the menu but with a little help we got it. The food was good. I'm not a big bread fan, but I enjoyed the turkey sandwich. The tomato soup was different and quite good. It's a small place and seemed a little disorganized.

1  Thank Ponder S
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Individual owned and operated specialty Soup and Sandwich shop. Her claim of "Gourmet Grilled Cheeses for Adults" is an understatement! Superb mildly describes the flavor sensation you experience when you bite into a sandwich or take in a spoonful of soup. I wanted to just hold it in my mouth and savor it as long as possible! A great little shop to take a friend to lunch, have a little business meeting, or sit down and relax while you decide what you want to try. The aromas alone will get your salivary glands flowing. The little gal who owns the shop is a delight all by herself. Enjoy! I'll be going back often.