Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
pgfascinate7
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Overnight trip

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 25, 2016
The Room Was Awesome.We needed a room near Seminar we was attending. Really online picks did no justice too the beauty of opening door.plushy carpet.all amenities.wow.near universities.shopping center.quiet a bonus Dublin donut across street!
Date of stay: September 2016
Room Tip: We had first floor room
Trip type: Traveled on business
  • Lol.travel
    $78
11.7 miles from University Manor Inn
View more hotels in Buffalo
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2016

I would not have expected this place to be as nice as it is for the low rate. I booked the Jacuzzi room. It is a smoking room but you would never know it. The air in the room was fresh. It is very spacious with a dining set, fridge freezer combo and microwave. This room reminded me of a national chain. The bathroom needs a fresh paint job but that was about it. I didn't take advantage of the breakfast. However, it is nice to have it included The desk staff were very polite during all the interactions. WiFi is included with the stay.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ken P, General Manager at University Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2016

Dear Sir/Madame.

Thank you for taking time and tell us your experience about your stay.
we appreciate your stay and will see you in future again.
management.

Reviewed December 2, 2015

Not a great place to stay and will not feel as a good hotel/motel. i chose this place because I had no enough time to make a decision as I was taking a 9 hour continuous driving lesson from Maryland (This is the first time I drove a left hand driven vehicle in a foreign soil). Barely managed to sleep due to the close proximity to the main street. I am not surprised the current ranking of this hotel #18.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2015

Staying at the University Manor Inn was surprisingly very pleasant. The staff was great from the moment I checked in last weekend and faced no issues during my stay of 3 nights. The room was very clean and fresh scented. Everyone was very friendly including guests who were staying in the rooms near me. There was a sense of safety which is a huge requirement for me as I travel. The only con I can think of was that there was no indoor or outdoor pool but regardless, it was very affordable. Immediate Area was nice as well with walking distance to the local plaza. I will definitely be coming back.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2015 via mobile

Both rooms we stayed in were very, very nice and really, really clean. We would definitely stay in this hotel again. The staff were very friendly and extremely attentive. Very impressed by this hotels hospitality and cleanliness. Five star rating!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2015

This place looked acceptable from driving up due to the nice new paint job in bright colors. However, our opinions quickly changed after staying there a few nights. The desk clerk was perfectly polite, though it seemed odd, and perhaps should have tipped us off, that we were asked to pay upon checking in.

The rooms themselves would have been fine, as the furnishings were new, however the carpet was clearly not vacuumed, and there was mold on the window in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable enough and it was nice to have a table, chairs, TV, mini fridge, and fast wifi.

The real problem with this place is the other clientele. It seems this hotel is used for welfare housing for drug users, as there are people who are clearly under the influence of something or another floating around the place at all times. My sympathies are with them, however it becomes a problem for me when they begin shouting angry and unintelligible slurs at me and my family while we are just trying to walk out to our car. During the middle of the night, some residents in the room next to us were having a dramatic argument which lasted the entire night, which we could hear every word of due to the thin walls, and their words were not pretty.

Were it not for all this, it would be a perfectly acceptable place, as far as budget motels go, as the location is very convenient. However, owing to the disreputable nature of the other clientele, I will certainly not be back and advise tourists to please spend the extra money and find someplace else to stay.

Date of stay: July 2015