Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bandu N
DC

I would not have chosen this place if had enough time for the selection

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 2, 2015
Not a great place to stay and will not feel as a good hotel/motel. i chose this place because I had no enough time to make a decision as I was taking a 9 hour continuous driving lesson from Maryland (This is the first time I drove a left hand driven vehicle in a foreign soil). Barely managed to sleep due to the close proximity to the main street. I am not surprised the current ranking of this hotel #18.
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Lol.travel
    $78
11.7 miles from University Manor Inn
View more hotels in Buffalo
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2015

Staying at the University Manor Inn was surprisingly very pleasant. The staff was great from the moment I checked in last weekend and faced no issues during my stay of 3 nights. The room was very clean and fresh scented. Everyone was very friendly including guests who were staying in the rooms near me. There was a sense of safety which is a huge requirement for me as I travel. The only con I can think of was that there was no indoor or outdoor pool but regardless, it was very affordable. Immediate Area was nice as well with walking distance to the local plaza. I will definitely be coming back.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2015 via mobile

Both rooms we stayed in were very, very nice and really, really clean. We would definitely stay in this hotel again. The staff were very friendly and extremely attentive. Very impressed by this hotels hospitality and cleanliness. Five star rating!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2015

This place looked acceptable from driving up due to the nice new paint job in bright colors. However, our opinions quickly changed after staying there a few nights. The desk clerk was perfectly polite, though it seemed odd, and perhaps should have tipped us off, that we were asked to pay upon checking in.

The rooms themselves would have been fine, as the furnishings were new, however the carpet was clearly not vacuumed, and there was mold on the window in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable enough and it was nice to have a table, chairs, TV, mini fridge, and fast wifi.

The real problem with this place is the other clientele. It seems this hotel is used for welfare housing for drug users, as there are people who are clearly under the influence of something or another floating around the place at all times. My sympathies are with them, however it becomes a problem for me when they begin shouting angry and unintelligible slurs at me and my family while we are just trying to walk out to our car. During the middle of the night, some residents in the room next to us were having a dramatic argument which lasted the entire night, which we could hear every word of due to the thin walls, and their words were not pretty.

Were it not for all this, it would be a perfectly acceptable place, as far as budget motels go, as the location is very convenient. However, owing to the disreputable nature of the other clientele, I will certainly not be back and advise tourists to please spend the extra money and find someplace else to stay.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
12  Thank L C
Reviewed August 2, 2015 via mobile

Not very nice or clean.... Older and dated place. However the linens were clean and fresh. Walk to local Plaza and is right on UB subway Station to downtown area which I recommend everyone go to see. I don't have anything else to say but need to add more text because TripAdvisor keeps asking me to do so....

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank 222boby
Reviewed June 16, 2015

The Inn is constructed like a two story "motel" with open cooridors (you open your room door and you are outside). The rooms are well appointed, very clean and an average size. The furniture in my room was mixed. The hardline (bed, tables, TV/credenza) looked new and very high quality (as was the mattress/bedding). However, all the upholstered chairs (there were four) looked as if they had been stored outdoors in a rainstorm. The material was ripped and badly stained. The room had all the amenities you could ask for; fridge, iron/board, alarm clock, a clever single-serve coffee pot, and LCD TV with cable. The bathroom was on the small size, but clean and well maintained. A nice selection of toiletries were provided. There were soda vending machines, ice machines and laundry facilities available. The lobby was small, with only a couple of tight tables to accomodate the continental breakfast service. The selection was good and what you would expect. The make-your-own waffle station was a nice option if you wanted something hot. The location is near a rather dull college campus, hence the name. It's a few blocks from the last stop of Buffalo's one and only subway line. Strangely enough the system is run on a honor system. There are no ticket turnstiles to go through. The first several "above ground" stops downtown do not require a ticket. It is only when you enter the underground section when tickets are "required". The neighborhood is rather commercial, but not industrial or too busy. I felt safe walking around on my own. There is a Dunkin Donut's right next door and several other casual restaurant (McDonald's, pizza, Chinese) options in a nearby strip mall.

Date of stay: May 2015