“Better than expected”
Review of Econo Lodge South

Econo Lodge South
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am not going to lie, I was VERY apprehensive about making a reservation here, but due to Choice Rewards dumb point policies these days, I needed two hotels for two nights. I have been burnt BIG TIME by every Econo Lodge I have ever stayed at. I read the reviews here and on the Choice site and decided this one was worth a shot for a 9 hour stay. The price sure was right! The lobby is a separate building from the rooms, something I am not a fan of, but it was very clean and updated, a good sign of things to come. Plenty of parking and convenient steps to my second floor room. Before taking my bags out of the car, I inspected the room. The carpet was failry clean and didnot appear dirty at all. The towels were clean and did not have stains or hair on them. The bathroom and sink area were clean and no signs of hair or mold. The bedding was clean and had no stains on it. I checked the bed about 10 times for bedbugs, and found none. The room passed all inspections! By far, the best Econo Lodge I have set foot in. I would have given it 4 stars if it was a luvury hotel chain. But I can not give even the best Econo Lodge more than 3 stars. The room was clean, the service was friendly and I have no complaints. I will most likely stay here again if needed. Do recognize though, the room is not as modern as a more expensive hotel. It still has an old style TV and the new AC unit is not the most powerful, but it works. Surprisingly the WIFI is very good also.

Room Tip: Ask for one with good WIFI if you need WIFI
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Pete L

Reviewed June 16, 2014

The hotel was clean and comfy. We experienced absolutely no problems here and the price was reasonable. The office was in a separate building so there was a bit of a walk to get to breakfast. This might be a hassle during bad weather but you could always drive up there if you have a problem walking or want to stay out of the rain. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank merry_vermont
Reviewed May 31, 2014

On our Road trip to Niagra we stayed at the Econo Lodge.Comfortable cozy rooms and clean environment.Though low budget it had all the required facilities.Lot of amenities with a caring staff is another attraction.Lovely green meadows add beauty to your restaurant times.

Room Tip: Improves your moods..
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DrFrancisXavier
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great value. The rooms were very big and comfortable and were kept clean. The hotel is located close to the city and a lot of amenities. I would definately return again if I found myself in the area and would recommend it to others.

The only hic was that the internet service was spotty but we enjoyed the experience.

Happy Travels

Room Tip: Pets are allowed but only in two of the rooms - it might be a good idea to book early for them
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leolion5
Reviewed May 11, 2014

It was late and we were having a tough time finding a hotel. At $60 a night in Buffalo, I thought we might be chancing it a bit with this reservation. But, we need a place to sleep! Turned out well. It's a typical low budget hotel with dated decor and stairs to climb if you're on the second floor. But the rooms are clean and the bed was comfortable. It's in a relatively safe neighborhood with a good sports bar next door that serves food late. There was coffee and bagels to get us started the next morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank Pete J
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Front desk staff are outstanding with help. Rooms were a little dated, but clean, mattress was average, rooms large, lots of hot water, laundry facilities and very close to Mckinley Mall and lottsa name brand restaurants and stores. Lovely open grassy area,felt like country and yet so close to everything. 17 mins to downtown Buffalo by car. Saved over 100$ per night compared to big name hotels, so more money to spend. Was able to preorder items that I wanted on the internet and the front staff held it for me till arrival and that was a huge timesaver on shopping. Would have like the option to buy some fruit for breakfast, as Mr. is a diabetic and could not eat anything but porridge. Until we got oriented with the nearby stores. Reasonable restaurant within walking (5 mins) for the basic burger/fries/beer/chicken kinda place. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper because it seems to be a transit hotel for snowbirds and I got woke up at 5;30...No drunks or party folks here that i saw or heard, so a family would have no problems.

Room Tip: ground floor is great for easy access, but second floor if you can manage the stairs would ensure th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank sy0ungT0ronto
Reviewed April 2, 2014

recently travelled to buffalo for a sabres/blackhawks game, stayed at the econolodge for a night. our room was spotless, bed was comfy and nice and big!! the ladies at the front desk were AMAZING!! breakfast was nothing fancy, juice, oatmeal, bagels and cream cheese and cereal. we were happy with it. i ended up leaving my winter coat in the hotel, they kept it aside and got Fed Ex to pick it up to deliver back to mississauga!! we were very impressed with the staff there, they were so nice and did their best to help us with cabs and recommendatiosn of restaurants to eat at before the game! we would definately recomnmend this hotel to others!and we will definately be returning!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MamaDaddynBabyCat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buffalo
Adam's Mark Buffalo
8 mi away
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Downtown
Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg

Been to Econo Lodge South? Share your experiences!