“You Get What You Pay For...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge South

Econo Lodge South
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Buffalo
Minneapolis
“You Get What You Pay For...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2008

Stayed here for 4 days in August while touring Niagra and Toronto area via rental car. Booked with Orbitz as air, hotel and car. It's a very basic motel, lots of trucks stop here to rest, rooms are small and old. The resturant behind the motel has Ok food, but the young female wait staff are inept/slow/to cool to care about you as a customer. Was upset that Orbitz listed it as an option for hotels in the Buffallo area...its quite far out, 20 minutes to Buffalo and another 20 to Niagra Falls. You can definitly do better. If your going to basically see the Falls, stay in Niagra, NY and avoid much of the traffic. For Falls viewing your going to want to go to the Canadian side anyway (much better that the American side, plus quirky downtown). And plan on spending some time waiting to clear customs...All and all, I won't go back, yup, Niagra Falls-its a big cliff with water running over it, I get it...Toronto is just another big city with all the associated traffic and congestion, basically one way in and out (Queen Elizabeth Highway).

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Location/small room size
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Great White Nowhere
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2007

We had an early flight out of Buffalo to Tampa, so with threats of unsafe weather we opted to stay there for the night rather than drive from Hamilton.

The rate was reasonable. The room was clean. It's a basic no-frills hotel. There are no hair dryers there. So I had to travel to the airport with wet hair. That's the biggest complaint I had. I checked the beds and had no bed bugs. We were fortunate to have a room on the first floor. This hotel is only two floor but has no elevator. So if you have a lot of luggage ask ahead so you don't have to cart things up and down the stairs.

• Liked — Location and distance from the Airport
  • Disliked — No Hair Dryers
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Northern NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2007

Booked a night at the Econo Lodge South because I wasn't too picky about just needing somewhere to rest my head overnight. Well, I guess I should have been picky. We booked a non smoking room, received a non smoking room but it smelled exactly like a smoking room! The air in the room was so smoke stagnant it was uncomfortable to sleep. The room had only a surface cleaning done to it. There was hair along the bathtub floor and the blanket and comforter had hair as well. You could also hear everything from the rooms next to you and all the car noise outside along with people leaving the restaurant next door drunk and screaming at midnight. Anyways, what was I to expect for only $55? I guess I should have gone down the road a little more to a different hotel/motel and for $15 more a cleaner, non smoking, less noisy room. On the upside, the front desk staff upon arrival was friendly and the location was very convenient.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Buffalo hotels

Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2007

On 10/06/07 I stayed at this motel for one night.
I am not going to describe the room because I did not expect too
much from the cheap econo motel.The fact is I paid cash $ 100.66 for one night .They asked me for my credit card # for
security reason.When I returned to Chicago I found $ 163.13 bill
charged to my credit account.It looked like I was charged almost
three times.The cheap motel was not so cheap afterwards.
From now on I will stay away from Econo Lodge and so will my
credit card.
Robbed.

2 Thank sadchicago
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2007

I stayed at the Econo Lodge South for one night as I am from Toronto and was flying to Las Vegas via Buffalo-Niagara Intl. Airport (less that half the price of departing from Toronto). I usually stay at the Red Roof Inn in Amherst NY but they jacked up their prices so I thought I'd try another place. The Econo Lodge South was about $20.00 cheaper. I booked it through iTravel2000.

The Econo Lodge South was fine. It was very clean and quiet, and everything including the air conditioner worked. The bed was very comfortable. I also liked that I was able to park my car right in front of my room. The location was very appealing as well, right off the NY State Thruway so it was an easy 15 minute drive to the airport.

It was a very basic room, but for a one night stay en route to my vacation destination that's all I wanted.

I'd stay at the Econo Lodge South again.

• Liked — Cleanliness, comfort, location, price
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed August 2007
3 Thank mhstar75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buffalo
Adam's Mark Buffalo
Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
BEST WESTERN - On The Avenue
BEST WESTERN PLUS Galleria Inn & Suites

Been to Econo Lodge South? Share your experiences!