I flew into Buffalo and needed a place to stay, so picked this based on the reviews, the price and believe it or not, the proximity to the airport (even though it's downtown - only 10 minutes by freeway). With the rate at ~$100 and free internet, that's a good deal. I got in fairly late, so couldn't really tell much about the surrounding area - it didn't seem too bad driving to and from the hotel from the freeway, but I didn't wander around at all. The staff at the front desk was great - both in the evening and the morning, very friendly, helpful, and professional. Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient, and no errors on either one.
The room was decent size, plenty of room between the bed and the desk, so it was easy to work. The free internet was nice - worked well, and can't beat the price. The room also has a microwave and small fridge, then standard size bathroom and closet. Like some of the other reviewers, I was on the side of the hotel that's right next to (I guess) a hospital building, so no real "view" so to speak, but that wasn't a big deal.
The 2nd floor of the hotel is setup with a big laundry room with chairs and tables if you have to wait for a while. There is also a fitness center with 3 treadmills, a bike/elliptical, and free weights - really enjoyed that. And finally, there is a "Living Room/Game Room" combination with couches, chairs, books, a big TV, tables, etc. It seems the hotel (rooms and 2nd floor in particular) are setup for people making extended stays - that's a really nice touch, and it's nice to have even if you are staying there for just 1 day.
I had breakfast the next morning at the hotel restaurant/Au Bon Pain - nothing to write home about, but the staff were all very friendly and attentive. Don't go there for the food, but if you have to have breakfast you can sit down and order off the menu, or go to the counter and order something to go. There was also a bar/restaurant looking part of this space, but it wasn't in use in the morning.
The valet parking is WELL worth the extra $2... they park it for you at night (which based on other reviews sounds like a good idea), and then they ask you what time you want it ready, and they have it waiting for you at that time, so you don't have to call and wait the next morning.
Although I didn't use this amenity, they told me the shuttle could take me to and from places there in downtown Buffalo (HSBC Center and Anchor Bar - home of the original Buffalo wings) if needed. That's a nice feature, especially in a new city where you don't know how or want to drive around. Like I said earlier - location is good, right off 33 and easy to get on and off the freeway. Given the price as well, I'd definitely stay here again if I'm in Buffalo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Buffalo Downtown, is located on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. A 100% non-smoking hotel; the DoubleTree offers all of the comforts of home! Complimentary WiFi and in room safes are complimentary and in all of our tranquil rooms. Experience the all new "HD residential experience" on our brand new flat screen televisions. The DoubleTree is just minutes from everything truly unique to Buffalo; Canalside, HarborCenter, First Niagara Center, Ralph Wilson Stadium, Coca Cola Field and Shea's Theatre just to name a few. Niagara Falls is a short 25 minute drive from Buffalo! Come stay with us, you will not be disappointed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Buffalo Downtown
- Doubletree Buffalo
- Doubletree Downtown Hotel