I'm a Hilton Honors member and frequently stay within the chain. I have never seen a more spotless hotel, with incredibly friendly and eager employees who will go above and beyond to make your stay wonderful. Spring for the two-room suite...wasn't much more than a double room, and you get something that's bigger than most NYC apartments, with really comfortable beds.
Yes, the neighborhood isn't great at night...that's why you use taxis and the wonderful FREE downtown shuttle, which took us all over the place (city hall, casino, Teddy Roosevelt mansion, and they even pick you up places if you call the front desk--worth a couple bucks tip to the driver, saving on cab fare). Let the valet park your car--for $12 a day, with full in and out privileges, why are people complaining? It's a city, for goodness sake. That price is reasonable. The hotel will even take you to the airport for $20, which beats any cab.
Eat at the hotel lobby restaurant--really great burgers, and good service. Room service breakfast was incredibly reasonable as well ($25 for full bkfast plates for TWO). Also, if you want to eat really cheaply, try the hospital cafeteria across the street. Seriously. There's also a 24 hour Tim Horton's in the hospital. Forget that it's a hospital, and go there. They'll be glad for your business.
Buffalo isn't the most exciting city (it got to be a running joke how many waiters and cab drivers would say there's "nothing to do here" when asked for suggestions), but this hotel is an absolute diamond in the rough, so to speak.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Buffalo Downtown, is located on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. A 100% non-smoking hotel; the DoubleTree offers all of the comforts of home! Complimentary WiFi and in room safes are complimentary and in all of our tranquil rooms. Experience the all new "HD residential experience" on our brand new flat screen televisions. The DoubleTree is just minutes from everything truly unique to Buffalo; Canalside, HarborCenter, First Niagara Center, Ralph Wilson Stadium, Coca Cola Field and Shea's Theatre just to name a few. Niagara Falls is a short 25 minute drive from Buffalo! Come stay with us, you will not be disappointed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Buffalo Downtown
- Doubletree Downtown Hotel
- Doubletree Buffalo