“Nice, big and quiet room!”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Loved that we could hear people in other rooms next to us or above us! Handicapped accessibility was not bad but as with most HC rooms, it could use a bit more help. And of course LOVED the cookies : )

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Kelly S; I’m happy to read that you loved your “nice, big, quiet room”! Should your travels bring you back to Buffalo, please stop by to say hi and get a warm DoubleTree chocolate chop cookie! Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Doubletree Downtown Buffalo, NY is a clean, well cared for hotel with an incredibly friendly staff. This is the perfect place to stay if you have the need to visit Buffalo General Hospital as it's right across the street. It's also very easy to get back and forth to the airport from this location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Dawn; thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our hotel! Your comments are greatly appreciated and it's great to hear about the wonderful service you were provided. We are fortunate that we are located on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus and connected to both Roswell and Buffalo General. This is a great amenity for our guests that are here visiting a hospital and/or medical office. We appreciate your business Dawn!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Buffalo may not be nicest city in the USA, but you'd never know it being in this fantastic hotel. Rooms were large and quiet, despite the hospital across the road, the Valet was always quick with our car, and it was extremely well priced! But it's the little touches that we loved, the "baby pack" with our crib, the cookies and the bottled water, the smiles from the friendly staff, everything they did made us feel welcome and at home!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

The entire staff at the DoubleTree Club by Hilton would like to thank you for your warm and caring comments. It is these comments from our valued guests; like yourself, that help in motivating our staff to go above and beyond in providing exceptional customer service to ensure guest satisfaction. Thank you for considering our hotel to be your “home away from home”!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Overall, this is a very nice hotel. The staff are eager to please and the rooms are well-appointed. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean, and the location is not bad. The hotel has no parking, so you'll need to use the valet service or park in the pay parking across the street. I used the valet service, which I found to be convenient. The hotel restaurant is decent enough, but I found the service to be particularly slow all four days I was there. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. The kind comments regarding our clean and comfortable rooms, valet service and staff are greatly appreciated and will be shared with all departments. However, I’m very sorry that you encountered slow service in the restaurant. Please be assured that this will be reviewed with the restaurant staff! Hope to see you again as our guest!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights to do some shopping and try out the famous Buffalo wings at the Anchor Bar. Much to our delight, the bar was only 6 blocks away. The hotel provides shuttle service which we used. There was a concert in town that night and the driver didn't get back to the hotel to pick us up for 25 minutes. That was the only glitch. We really enjoyed the warm chocolate cookie upon check in! the room was clean and the sixth floor looked recently renovated. the gym was perfectly equipped, with elliptical, treadmill and weights. They even had headphones to borrow for the built in TV's on the ellipticals. The first night we had 3 bath towels, but then on the second.night we had 4 towels, even without asking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your experience. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay! Should you decide to return to Buffalo for more shopping or to visit the Anchor Bar, I hope you will consider staying with us again! Thank you Monica.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been doing some consulting work in the area and stayed at this property six times between Dec 2012-Mar 2013, so I think I can give this hotel a pretty fair evaluation. Here are my thoughts:

Staff: The staff has always been extremely pleasant to deal with. Everyone has been friendly, courteous and eager to help me when I had a problem (only problem I had in my stays was that my complimentary water wasn't in my room). Normally, I would write that off to bias since I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member, but even the staff who could not know that I am "elite" status (ex. bellhop and waitstaff) were also very friendly and helpful.

Rooms: The rooms look nice, are clean and appear to have been updated recently. The heating/AC works well (I will take note if the heater is not keeping up when it's 20 degrees outside - I hate to be cold). The beds are comfortable and the showers heat up quickly w/good water pressure. One last thing, even though you are very close to a hospital, I can't remember hearing ambulance sirens which is probably helpful for anyone that is a light sleeper

Food: I didn't have any staff issues like in mdmbajd's review, so I don't know what happened there. I am a creature of habit and typically go down to the restaurant for a bagel and yogurt each morning I'm there and also order room service once per week. As far as the quality goes, I'd give it a solid B. I usually order a sandwich or salad for dinner and nothing has been amazing or terrible. I will be the first to admit that it is overpriced, but you going to pay extra for the convenience of having a restaurant on site. I suggest that you take advantage of the free shuttle service if you're looking for a better restaurant.

I like the property and would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Steve; many of our guests here at the DoubleTree are here for work and are often here for multiple days/weeks at a time; such as yourself. We know the travel and time away from home can be tough. That is why it is our goal is to consistently strive to deliver an exceptional experience. I am happy to hear that our staff achieved this goal and was accommodating and helpful to you during your recent stays with us! Thank you for your business Steve and for taking the time to review the DoubleTree Club by Hilton Buffalo!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Not only did we love our stay at the doubletree last evening, but there were additional amenities that we were not aware of. there is a free shuttle service that took us to the restaurant that was suggested and our driver informed us that he had just made a trip to the airport as well so this is an extra bonus.after reading some of the other reviews, we asked for a room on a higher floor, away from the elevator. they complied and we had a quiet pleasant night in a very large,clean, well-decorated king room. would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shaleToronto

We know there are several choices available when choosing your lodging accommodations. The staff at The DoubleTree Club by Hilton Buffalo strives to make each guest experience unique and memorable. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make your visit a "wonderful experience". We look forward to your return visit! Thank you for your business.