“wonderful experience”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
toronto
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Not only did we love our stay at the doubletree last evening, but there were additional amenities that we were not aware of. there is a free shuttle service that took us to the restaurant that was suggested and our driver informed us that he had just made a trip to the airport as well so this is an extra bonus.after reading some of the other reviews, we asked for a room on a higher floor, away from the elevator. they complied and we had a quiet pleasant night in a very large,clean, well-decorated king room. would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shaleToronto
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We know there are several choices available when choosing your lodging accommodations. The staff at The DoubleTree Club by Hilton Buffalo strives to make each guest experience unique and memorable. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make your visit a "wonderful experience". We look forward to your return visit! Thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Tampa
Reviewed March 3, 2013

All in all, pleasant staff except in the restaurant.
Avoid the restaurant if you can. The food is above par but the service does it a great disservice. Restaurant staff are condescending and disrepectful; addressing guests unprofessionally and persisting in doing so even after being cautioned against it.
Avoid room service as they initially forgot about my order and then informed me they were too busy. They promised to call back but did not. When I called again to follow up on my order, I was informed that that head waiter promised to take care of it, which he did not promise to do. The food was good when it eventually arrived though. If you choose to stay here, try the Buffalo Wing Soup. It makes up for a lot of their issues.
My room was clean and kept so during my stay. Above average amenities.
I arrived early but the staff were able to accommodate me after an hour wait in order to clean make a room available.
Again, all in all hotel just above average but the unreliable food service compromises the other good qualities.
Would definitely avoid this hotel in the future if I can.

Room Tip: Toilet flushes are very noisy. Sleep with ear plugs if you can.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and apologize for the poor service you received in conjunction with our dining options. We will surely share this information with our culinary team as we constantly work to ensure our guests receive the best service from all of our outlets. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your food once it arrived and hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the complete hospitality experience you deserve should you return to our area in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very clean hotel, staff is friendly and attentive. Ate dinner in the restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. Rooms are clean and large, bathroom is very nice. Check in/out was easy and fast. Valet parking was great. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in Buffalo.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your positive experience from your recent stay with us and for recognizing our staff and facilities. Your business is appreciated. Thank you for staying with us. Please visit us again!
Olean, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had Feb. 4, 2013 surgery at Buffalo General Hospital (I live 70 miles from the hospital plus there is the unpredictable WNY winter weather loose cannon) that required me to arrive at the hospital by 5:30 a.m. on Feb. 4 – before the hotel’s shuttle is normally operational. Jean, a manager, had a “no-problem” solution when I called in late January to arrange the Feb. 3 and 4 reservation for my husband and me: Jean arranged for the morning auditor to transport my husband and me to the hospital at 5:15a.m. That gesture is in keeping with this fabulous hotel and its staff who greeted us with warm cookies, parked our vehicle for less than it would have been should we have somehow used the hospital’s parking, and gave my husband a soft spot to fall on Feb. 4 after my all-day surgery. The $96 hospital rate is not well advertised but it is easy to access upon request. This non-descript-from-the-outside facility is a jewel on the inside – starting with each staff member.
Olean NY guest

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JTE_816
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us! I have to be honest; I love your description of our hotel; a "jewel on the inside" and an "oasis". We strive daily to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations here at the DoubleTree and are happy when our guests are comfortable and feel at home. Your warm comments regarding Jean are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your recognition with her. Thank you for your business. I hope your surgery went well. Should you decide to return to Buffalo for fun, I hope you will stay with us!
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I loved the hotel! Its all i could of asked for. Very clean rooms, nice tv, great gift shop area with alot of selection. The staff was very helpful and nice! Plus i couldn't beat the fresh warm cookies i got when i checked in!
- Jonathan

• Stayed February 2013
jamestown
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have stayed at this location several times and love this hotel. Room was nice and clean. We had dinner at the hotel and the food was very good. Also had breakfast and it was very busy. My only complaint was the coffee. It was terrible.

Room Tip: The suite rooms are great!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Krimmy; thank you for making the DoubleTree Club by Hilton your destination when coming to Buffalo! I’m so sorry you did not like our coffee as it is a Buffalo favorite; Spot Coffee. Krimmy, thank you for sharing your comments and thank you for your patronage.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

There is no other choice in Buffalo, NY to stay other than this Doubletree! Best customer service, cleanest rooms and excellent food! Rivals some of the best hotel staff in the country that I have ever seen.

• Stayed February 2013
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our hotel. We "love" that we are your choice when traveling to the Buffalo area. We take great pride on our customer service and the cleanliness of our hotel and appreciate the comments regarding it. Looks like we will see you again should you return to Buffalo. Thank you for staying with us!