Visited the DoubleTree Club Hotel, Downtown, in Buffalo, New York, with a group of friends with whom I travel. The hotel, despite its name, is not actually situated in downtown Buffalo, but in one of the neighborhoods. The actual location is somewhat unsettling, as it is dark at night, without a lot of foot traffic, or other attractions in close proximity. However, apparently recognizing that there might be a problem, the hotel provides a shuttle van which will transport guests to locations within a 5 mile radius, and pick them up at a pre-determined time. The outstanding feature of the hotel, however, is the staff. They were so friendly and helpful, it was almost embarrassing. In particular, I would point out Ms. Elaine Sarkis, the Manager of the hotel. We arrived after dark; it was cold; we were strangers to the area; and there were no restaurants located near the hotel with which we were familiar. Not only did she recommend a restaurant - which turned out to be more than acceptable - but she also personally drove our group to the same in the hotel shuttle bus,and picked us up 1.5 hours later - displaying great good humor the whole time. The next morning, at breakfast (which was good, plentiful, tasty, and well presented) one of our group mentioned that there was no fresh fruit - the remark not directed to anyone in particular, but made within hearing of Ms. Sarkis. Five minutes later, a bowl of fresh cut fruit was deposited on our table. Service like that is so rare as to be almost unbelievable. Hilton Hotels should do whatever it takes to retain her as an employee - she is awfully good for the company. I also note, in passing, that the rest of the hotel staff that we encountered during out 3 day stay reflected the attitude and courtesy of Ms. Sarkis, which I consider the sign of a good manager. I can recommend the hotel and strongly suggest that you take the opportunity - while there - to meet Ms. Sarkis. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Buffalo Downtown, is located on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. A 100% non-smoking hotel; the DoubleTree offers all of the comforts of home! Complimentary WiFi and in room safes are complimentary and in all of our tranquil rooms. Experience the all new "HD residential experience" on our brand new flat screen televisions. The DoubleTree is just minutes from everything truly unique to Buffalo; Canalside, HarborCenter, First Niagara Center, Ralph Wilson Stadium, Coca Cola Field and Shea's Theatre just to name a few. Niagara Falls is a short 25 minute drive from Buffalo! Come stay with us, you will not be disappointed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Buffalo Downtown
- Doubletree Downtown Hotel
- Doubletree Buffalo