“DoubleTree Hilton is always our first choice of hotels when visiting the Buffalo area”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Conklin, New York, USA
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Myself along with family and friends stay here. Due to their consistency in attentive staff, well appointed quiet rooms, cozy bedding and spotless bathrooms, the DoubleTree Hilton is always our first choice of hotels when visiting the Buffalo area. While here, we visit many Buffalo areas including Niagara Falls to attending Buffalo Bills foot ball games to enjoying wings from the famous wing bar just around the corner. We find their location is excellent for all we do. The staff - from the desk greeter, car service attendant to the room staff are always quick with a greeting and a smile. And after a long drive in who can beat a warm chewy chocolate chip cookie just waiting for you to arrive at check in - no matter what time it is?! What an excellent touch! It's the little things that make the Double Tree Hilton stand out in a BIG WAY !!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I chose this hotel because it's across the street from Buffalo General Hospital. I must say that I have stayed at a better place, the staff is the best, the manager, Elaine, was very attentive and took care of everything I needed. The staff at the restaurant was great. The cleaning staff was on top of everything. Now the bartender, Casey, she is the BEST, you stop by and see her, she will remember your name every time and she will cheer you up. I felt at home, as if never left home and was surrounded by family. I want to take the time to thank all of you for making my stay so comfortable, I can't wait to go back but in better circumstances. My daughter was finally released and she is doing great.

Room Tip: Go for the suite, it's big and spacious and very comfortable. It has everything you need to feel...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank martinbetty06
Reviewed January 23, 2012

After driving an hour and a half from Rochester ny my boyfriend and I got to the hotel around midnight. As Soon as we walked in the lady at the front desk was extremely rude. She gave us attitude with every remark. After several minutes within being there she asked us to leave..she refused our service! I asked to talk to a manager and she refused and began yelling. We were forced to drive around unfamiliar buffalo and find a hotel at almost one o clock in the morning. I have never felt more disrespected in my life than I did at that hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank alextoole
esarkis, General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Dear Alex Toole : Thank you for your feedback. Please understand that the only reason you and your party were not checked into the hotel is that you were not 21 years of age. Our company policy requires us verify ID that our guests renting a room are 21. It is never our intention to be disrespectful or unwelcoming to any of our guests. I am very sorry that you felt disrespected.
Elaine Sarkis, GM
Conklin, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have stayed here on a few different occasions and have never been disappointed. Everytime that I have stayed here, the staff has been very friendly and professional. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable and with the renovations since my last stay - it leaves no doubt on my choice on where to stay in the future when I come to Buffalo.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Scott S. Thank you so much for your very kind remarks regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It made my day! I am happy that you like the recently completed renovations in the rooms and corridors. Thank you for your favorable comments on our staff; be assured I will share them with everyone. If I can do anything for you in the future, please feel free to contact me directly. Thanks again. Elaine Sarkis, GM
Reviewed January 4, 2012

After being stranded at New York on my way from San Francisco to Lima, Peru with American Airlines (went from San Francisco to LA, from LA to New York, From NY to Miami, and from Miami to Lima), I was given a free-of-charge stay at Double Tree Hotel.
I literally stayed just for 5 hours, because I needed to catch the next plane to Miami and I did not want to miss it.
Front desk attendance was very helpful. I arrived at around 11:00pm. Room service unfortunately was not available at that moment.
The room was clean, except for a used paper cup filled with water that was obviously left by the previous user. Other than that, the rest of the room was immaculate.
It was good for a quick stay.

Room Tip: Ask for King size (Or Queen) instead of a double bed room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Love that hotel and the staff. Stayed in room 813, loved the remodeled room. Great location in downtown Buffalo. Will stay there anytime I am in Buffalo,
Jean Snyder, the operations manager was excelent. Great customer service!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank S G
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager / Director of Sales & Marketing at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Dear S G; thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the DoubleTree! I am happy to see you like our renovated rooms and the location of the hotel. Looking forward to having you stay with us again. Happy New Year!
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and I had a unique opportunity to call Double Tree Club by Hilton in Buffalo Downtown our home from November 15, 2011 till December 30, 2011. It has been a great experience! The front desk staff is terrific. Kerrie Lopp, Jean Snyder, Kathleen Oakes, Donna, and Randy have been very friendly and most helpful. The housekeeping staff ensured that our room was always clean and tidy. We slept great each of 45 nights we spent in Double Tree. The internet, TV, telephone, and wake up service have worked flawlessly. We could always use our laptop computer from Room 214 without any cord. The Business Center, on the first floor, has three computers and a printer. During our 45 days in Double Tree, whenever we came to the Business Center, the computers were available. The Fitness Center is super clean and has a nice view. The Guest Laundry, on the second floor, has two washing machines and two dryers. It costs only $1.00 to use them, and they have been always available. Our stay in Double Tree included two holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas. For Thanksgiving we had the best turkey dinner ever. It was delivered to our hotel room. We enjoyed the Christmas breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Double Tree is very convenient for the patients, visitors, faculty, and staff of the hospitals on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. It is connected by an indoor walkway to Roswell Park Cancer Institute. It is like the best hotel and one of America’s top cancer hospitals being in the same building. We strongly recommend Double Tree Club by Hilton at 125 High Street in Buffalo to everybody who visits Western New York. It is great for an extended stay too.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple