“Upscale hotel without upscale prices”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
New York City, New York
“Upscale hotel without upscale prices”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms, the quality of the bedding, the free WiFi and the perfect breakfast to start the day I normally stay at they Hyatt nearby but the rooms at Comfort Suites are actually nicer. The gym is fine for basic exercise and you really can't beat the location right downtown.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BPBizTraverler
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
Thank you for the nice comments! All the rooms are 2 rooms suites so they are indeed spacious for a downtown hotel. Hope you will be back to Buffalo!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
ontario canada
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We just spent three nights at this hotel. The manager and her staff treated us with utmost respect and courtesy. Our room was clean and family friendly. The breakfast room was in a separate area and not in the front lobby...nice and quiet with staff cleaning up promptly as guests left. The front desk staff went out of their way to ensure that we had all of our needs met. We enjoyed the complimentary fresh baked cookies, gum and bottled water. The location was with walking distance to theatres, ball games and restaurants. Free parking close by. Rates were reasonable. Shopping malls a quick drive with google maps given by staff. i cannot say enough good about our stay. Will definitely come back! Thanks!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank lucilleOntarioCanada
Thank you for the wonderful comments. Glad you like the "little extras". We make fresh cookies and have free bottled water at front desk for check in/check out.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Great friendly staff - at front desk, breakfast and room cleaning !!!! Wonderful cookies at check in. Enormous rooms with all the amenities for make medium and longer term stays really comfortable. We've now moved all our corporate business to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you! Glad your company is happy!
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I traveled to Buffalo with my boyfriend this weekend, and stayed in this hotel. The staff was rude, clueless, and completely unwilling to help at all. The rooms were disgusting - several spiders crawled around our room, and the window sills of our room were unfinished with saw dust and insulation scattered.

The lot out front is designated for handicapped and 10 minute loading parking. My boyfriend is in a wheelchair. At no time were the handicapped spots EVER free, and the cars parked there 9/10 times did not have a handicapped hang tag. We were happy to park in another spot in the lot, though the idea of people parking in handicapped spots freely has always gotten me really upset.

On our last night, we pulled into the lot and there was not a single spot open- handicapped or otherwise. No one was checking in or unloading, so the cars were just parked there for the night. Other parking for the hotel is off-site, and it is hard for my boyfriend to get around too far, so we needed to have a close spot. The staff said they would call and have cars moved, so we waited out front for 20 minutes. I went back in and the woman behind the desk had not called anyone. Instead of leaving a dead lobby to look at license plates, she rudely sent me outside to get the cars plates for her. She asked me to just keep waiting for people to leave, to which I explained we had to get up to the room since we had someplace to be shortly. When I brought her in the plate of the cars in the handicapped spots without hang tags, she told me she would TRY to get ahold of the owner, but they might get in trouble for parking in a handicapped spot. She very rudely explained to me that because my boyfriend needed the spot, the people who ILLEGALLY parked in that spot may get in trouble for parking there and asked if I was sure we needed the spot.

Instead of working to resolve the issue of the parking for us as a guest, she acted either rude or oblivious too the fact that we may need to park. I explained they deserved to get in trouble! They took a parking spot away from my handicapped boyfriend who CAN'T push very far. She not only was rude, she never did anything to help, or even direct us to other parking alternatives.

Unfortunately this was not a single occurrence - every interaction I had with the staff was reflective of this attitude.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Thank you for your candid and honest comments. I am very sorry about the poor parking situation you had. Unfortunately, many spots were taken because of renovations that just ended today at TGI Fridays restaurant. However, the handicap parking spots should have been empty. We do try to keep them open and it is unfortunate that people take them who shouldn't. We will address a better way to handle. Will look into the spider situation although have not had any other complaints. We do have monthly inspections by third party company.
Warsaw
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I've spent just one night at Comfort Suites Buffalo. All in all enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I arrived late at night, very tired. Check in was very prompt. Room was spacious, modern and clean. There were some problems with ac in room but solved quickly after a call to reception.
Breakfast service was not so great in my opinion. Poor choice and lack of free tables. I had to wait and finally sit with other guests. Not what I expected...
Nice lobby with comfortable sofas and local newspapers. Staff were very kind and helpful.

All in all I think it's quite a good hotel for a short overnight stay. I enjoyed interior design, modern rooms and downtown location. Breakfast service needs to be improved.
I can't rate the value because I haven't pay for this stay so I don't know what was the rate.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for the kind comments. We too are happy with the renovations. Will look at the breakfast selection again. We try to keep different meat and egg selection everyday along with the waffle maker, breads, pastries, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juices, etc. Thanks again!
Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed July 3, 2010

My name is Dr. Cyril E. Evans, Jr. from Snellville, Georgia. My wife (Sharon) and I normally stay at this particular holel every year. The hotel is excellent. We are very pleased. Now, this letter of appreciation is to say that Ms. Keyshia Doyce (breakfast-dining hall) is an outstanding hostess. She demonstrates excellent customer services.
She cares about people, and how they are treated. Ms. Doyce goes out of her way to assist all people with their needs. She is impartial to everyone's gender, creed, race, and social status. Please, I pray for her success in your operation. She displays managerial abilities.

Dr. Cyril E. Evans, Jr.
[----]

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Fredonia, New York
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Downtown Buffalo for a business trip in June 2010. We held an event in the city and needed a close place to stay when it was over. The Downtown Buffalo Comfort Suites was a great place to stay and the king suite... AMAZING! I don't even sleep that good at home. I would def recommend this hotel for Taste of Buffalo, Buffalo Wing Festival or other downtown trip needs.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
Thank you so much for the nice remarks! We continue to hear very nice comments about the new renovations and the comfy beds. Hope you will return soon!