“Don't do it!!!!”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Tampa, Florida
“Don't do it!!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2007

As long as I have been reading reviews on trip advisor I will never understand how people can think a sub-standard hotel is "ok, for the price"!! This just is not an opinion, it's reality! $110.00 per night is NOT "reasonably priced for Buffalo New York, first of all. Buffalo is not a nice, clean tourist city. It is a run down industrial town that keeps getting worse. An average hotel room should cost about $85.00.
The room, upon entry, looked "cute". Separate bedroom with french doors; little kitchenette and living room with couch. Upon closer look: Worn out bathtub that was stained badly. Two towels and two wash cloths, that were of poor quality. Bedspread had holes in it. Bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The carpet seemed to stick to your bare feet as you walked. There was only decaf coffee in the room and I did not see or hear of any contiental breakfast service at all. Room service doesn't begin until 11:00am and it's a chain resturant. Staff seemed bored working there. The worst part: They tell you the parking garage is two blocks away, and act like this is perfectly ok!!! When I said, "you mean I have to walk in downtown Buffalo, at night, alone for two blocks just to park my car?" They said " Yes"..that's it!!! I was mortified and afraid. Buffalo is not a safe, clean city. I had to attend a funeral, or I would not have went.
Please folks-write REAL reviews so me and others can truly use the info. Please stop saying, "It's ok for the price" when it's a truly bad experience!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — most everything
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank Buckeye460

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Central New York
Reviewed April 12, 2007

My husband and I were in town to see Billy Joel at the HSBC Arena and this hotel is a perfect stay. This is my second time staying at the Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo. It's conveniently located next to the free train that runs directly to HSBC Arena for special events. Check in was fast and the girl at the front desk was extremely friendly and professional. Our room was on the non-smoking floor which was nice and I believe starting in May 2007 the whole hotel is going smoke-free. The rooms are spacious, a little dated but very clean. There is a living room, small kitchenette, table/chairs. The bed was very comfortable and it was closed off from the living room by french doors. The bathroom is quite large with two entrances. The only downside is the parking is a block away. Good news, it's a secured garage and they give you vouchers to pay for the parking. They offer a deluxe continental breakfast (make your own Belgium waffles, sausage, muffins, eggs, cereal, coffee and juice). I will always stay at this hotel when I am in town for a show!! I highly recommend this hotel to all types of travelers!!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jmart74
NY
Reviewed April 10, 2007

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days and it was the one of the worst experience ever. A) the parking lot is a few blocks away from the hotel. I was not given the voucher needed for parking due to the negligence of the hotel check-in clerk, causing me anguish when I tried to leave the parking lot. B) the so-called free WiFi internet access was not working for me. During my 3-day stay, I was only able to surf the web once without interruption. C) the free breakfast was not even close to what many other Comforts Inns offer. The hard-boiled eggs look years old. D) The first morning, I was locked up in a malfunctional elevator for 20min. E) Comfort Inn offers ClearChoice members the option of delayed checkout. As a ClearChoice member, I requested delayed checkout for my last day. This Comfort Inn claimed that there is no such thing as delayed checkout for ClearChoice members. Unbelieveable!!!!! Please book this Comforts Inn if you enjogy crappy hotel services.

Stayed December 2006
2 Thank DMCCH
Central New York
Reviewed January 14, 2007

My friend and I stay here when we go to our annual Buffalo Bills game. It's nice to have the suite with the separate bedroom since I'm an early riser and my friend isn't. The rooms are a little dated though, but do the job. There's a TGI Friday's there and I think that's the reason we keep going - reasonably priced eats and adult beverages delivered right up to your room and in a fairly quick period of time too. With regard to parking, I can't really comment too much because I'm an amputee and get to park right next to the building, but I only see about a dozen spots there, but I think I recall a parking lot across the street. The price is pretty reasonable, but I would have expected better working TV's. Both suites we've had so far had pretty outdated and ill operating TV's. But we weren't there for TV, so it didn't matter too much. It's a pain trying to find it because Main St. is broken up rather than being a main thoroughfare like you'd expect from a place called Main St. That's not the property's fault though and once you've done it once it sticks. Staff are OK, pleasant enough.

• Liked — TGI Friday's is right there and you can have meals/drinks delivered to your room
  • Disliked — A little dated in decor, but that's about it
  • Tips/Secrets — Getting there can be a little confusing.... look up on a yahoo map first.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NatlParkLoverNY
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2006

We had booked this hotel for a one-night stay mainly because of its location close to the entertainment district. Check-in was quick and efficient, and staff was very friendly. Our reservation was for a non-smoking room, and we ended up on one of the non-smoking floors. Unfortunately we immediately noticed that previous guests had obviously smoked in the room, the smell much stronger than in many smoking rooms we had stayed in before. We called front desk to ask for a different room, but were told that no rooms of the same category were available. Instead, they offered to try and get rid of the smell while we were out for dinner. When we came back, the smell was as strong as it was before, so we called front desk again. The person on the phone was very accommodating again and finally managed to find another suite for us. No stale smoke in that suite; we happily started to unpack. However, we quickly noticed that this room hadn’t been cleaned properly: In the bathroom there was hair and dust on the hair dryer (see photo), and an open and half-empty shampoo bottle was still in the shower. The other rooms of the suite were quite dusty as well, and were badly vacuumed.
Otherwise things were not bad: free parking (2 blocks from the hotel) and free breakfast until 11am on weekends. Too bad that housekeeping is not up to the job…

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — There are many other hotels nearby...
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank StPaulus
Toronto, ON
Reviewed November 6, 2006

This hotel ofers very little to it's guests and is in need of re-modelling, cleaning and up-keeoing big time.

The rooms are basic, nothing speical.

• Stayed October 2006
St. Petersburg, Fl
Reviewed November 6, 2006

We recently spent 3 nights at the Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo. The room was even better than expected and we were extremely pleased at the value for the price. Very spacious. Free internet. The staff were extremely polite and helpful (something that is becoming rare in the service industry). The location was perfect for visiting the downtown area or driving to Niagara Falls. Only note would be that it is close to an entertainment district where the bars don't close until 4 a.m., so depending on which side of the hotel your room is on, you won't hear the people in the bar, but you may hearing them leaving at closing time. Having a TGIF in the hotel is a great plus. If you visit Buffalo, be sure to visit the Anchor Bar, which is a short walk from the hotel.

• Liked — Large Room, Great Breakfast, Friendly Service
  • Disliked — Bar time down the street
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Florida727