“Amazing From Start To Finish!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Gainesville, Fl
“Amazing From Start To Finish!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Wow! This hotel was amazing in every way! The suite was more than that. You could easily stay for a week. Spotless, spacious, and comfortable. It seemed as if the entire hotel had been recently remodeled. They offered all kinds of extras from bottled water to a buckwheat pillow (that was VERY comfortable). Every staff member was extremely helpful and friendly. We were able to walk to the ball field. We recommend this Choice property to anyone going to the downtown area. :)))))

Room Tip: Upper floors for a better view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your outstanding review. I am so happy to hear our accommodations met your needs, the set up certainly allows for privacy as well as comfort. It is always our pleasure to offer numerous free amenities, including the buckwheat pillow as a part of our Sweet Dreams sleep programs, cold water bottles and warm cookies on the week days. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I hope you enjoyed the game at Cocoa Cola Field! Please visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It is conveniently located at the center of the city. Staff members were very friendly and helpful. They honored a coupon we picked up at a highway rest area even though we have booked the room earlier. Parking is off site but close enough. There were descent choices for breakfast.
The suite was clean and roomy. When the bed room door is closed, you can hardly hear the TV playing in the living room area.
Great value for the price!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear you found our location convenient and the suites both clean and comfortable. Our staff works hard to provide each guest with outstanding service, so I am pleased that your experience was not an exception. The deal we offer in the Hotel Coupon Booklet is certainly great for travelers on the road although the rate is based on availability, I'm glad we were able to honor that rate for you! Please visit us again soon!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We got this hotel thru Hotwire - so didnt know what we were booking until the credit card was charged. However from the time we reached the hotel till the time we checked out, it was pleasant experiences all thru.

The staff was extremely helpful and showed an intent to help. The ladies at the breakfast room were helpful to kids with replenishments, the reception staff was willing to help all the way. Mike (reception) stood out for us as he helped us to even look up for other properties, spoke to someone to get details, passed on all response back to our room. He even helped load our luggage in a cab as I was away for a while.

We even extended our stay by a day - at a slightly higher rate provided by the reception staff although we were getting a similar hotel in the same vicinity thru Hotwire.com site (the same guys who provided us this hotel).

We strongly recomend this hotel - the rooms are spacious, can easily accomodate a family or group of 4+ as all their rooms are Suites - bedroom plus front room. Their breakfast has good choices, no shortage of replenishments towards the end, and extremely helpful staff with a Want-To-Help-U attitude.

Thanks
K Bhandari

Room Tip: They have spacious rooms and good options for breakfast unlike some hotels which provide only the mi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kerman B
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for the nice detailed comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Mike is a true asset to the hotel and I will be sure to recognize him for his exemplary service.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Rooms were very comfortable. Staff responsible for breakfast were saints. One that stood out was Gwen. Many of the guest were rude and inconsiderate to other guest and to the staff keeping the Breakfast Bar filled. Gwen kept a smile and very patient.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice comments. We are lucky to have dedicated staff like Gwen. I will make sure she is recognized for her wonderful guest service.
Long Island, New York
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I had been use to quality with the Comfort Suite brand, but this property gravely disappointed. For some reason, housekeeping did not leave clean wash cloths or hand towels. Had to call the front desk everyday. I was on the 7th floor which reeked of smoke. The bath towels left stunk from tobacco. The maids gave you attitude that they had to come back to bring to your room what they should left initially. I did complain to the general manager, Matthew Spencer who did respond right away, did apologize and offered rewards points as compensation. I will give them another chance because of him. Just make sure your room is not on the 7th floor.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PAUL R
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. Again, I am very sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. We are a completely smoke free property and those who choose to smoke in the room incur a $250 fine. I also apologize that the housekeeping service did not meet your expectations and I have spoken with our executive housekeeper regarding these issues. I very much appreciated the opportunity to rectify these problems and we look forward for the opportunity to improve upon your next stay!
Taberg, New York
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stay here when I am on a business trip I love that Dunkin Donut is right across the street this is great for me. All rooms are king size beds and they do have a couch that pulls out for additional sleeping. Down size the parking garage is 2 blocks down

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Dawnelle F
Thank you for providing us with feedback about your recent stay. Our corporate guests are certainly valued and we appreciate your business. I'm glad you enjoyed our suite set up and that Dunkin Donuts is so close by! I do apologize about the parking inconvience, being located Downtown does leave limited space for parking so we are fortunate to have worked out a deal with the Augspurger parking ramp on Pearl Street. We do provide shuttle service to and from the garage based on availability so please do not hestiate to request this service during future stays if you would like. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for a wedding a couple of weeks ago and we stayed here. The room was spacious with a sitting area and separate bedroom. My wife also enjoyed the little area in between the bedroom and bathroom which had a mirror and a little countertop where she was able to get ready. Everything was clean and nicely appointed. My only complaint was that the AC was weak. We couldn't cool the room off before we left but by the time we got back it was finally at a reasonable temperature. One more thing, this place has the slowest elevators I have ever been in and my wife almost got stuck in one. She was trying to get to the lobby when the elevator stopped and the doors opened to a wall. Other than that the stay was good. The hotel is close to many bars and restaurants. We would probably stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TommyM29
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Its is always our pleasure to accomodate families and friends in town for a wedding! I am happy to hear you found the suite clean and spacious, the vanity area is certainly a great additional space within the suite. Our location on Main Street and Chippewa Street allows is indeed close to various bars and restaurants all within walking distance. I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with the AC upon arrival and further with the elevators throughout your stay. I will be sure to reach out to our elevator technician to ensure they are operating properly. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay!