Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
$148
$119
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Downtown(Buffalo)(Great Value!)
$135
$191
$189
$161
  • Pool
All reviewscomfort suitestgi fridaysfrench doorstgif restaurantdowntown buffalofront deskfree breakfastdvd playerparking garagemain stseparate bedroomtwo blocksliving areayogurtthe theater districtfree trolleysame building
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My family of 5 arrived at 12:30 AM on a flight from Costa Rica after March break and decided to stay the night in Buffalo before driving home the next day. Very pleasant staff at check in was followed by exceptional service in the morning by the breakfast staff...especially Lisa Emick. We rolled into breakfast at 9:45 am only to find out the breakfast was only served until 9:30 am. However Lisa said "not a problem what can i get you?"...I replied that its ok as i am one of 5 and she said "not a problem what can i get all of you?". I was amazed to be served french toast and bagels and fruit and juice etc all carried out of the kitchen and served at our table vs the normal buffet style. Lisa was very pleasant not only to my family but i also saw her hellp another family as well who were also late! It is this type of exceptional service that is very rare these days...and for this reason i will be staying at this Comfort Suites in the furture!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob W
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I used to stay at this hotel as a kid and I expected it to be "dated" when I was coming back. But the rooms are just as new and fresh as I remember them being when they had just opened up. They seem to do a pretty good job of upkeep & general maintenance around here.
I had Andre pick me up at the airport with the shuttle. He was a very friendly face after 12 hours of airports. A guy named Nigel checked me in and he was really helpful and nice. Both of them knew I was hungry so they made sure I had food options. I think these two might be managers but I'm not sure.
There is a little bit of repair work going on around the hotel like a small part of the lobby, one room, and they are adding an elevator.
I'm just glad to be back after at least a decade. It looks good, service is outstanding, and it offers good value for families.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Raken25
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was a very nice hotel, conveniently located near the start of the Buffalo Marathon. I like how the bedroom is separate from the living area. However, that weekend there were a lot of college age students. A very loud group kept me up late and then they had set the fire alarm off somehow just before 4am.(talk about LOUD) I had to get up early around 5:30 for my marathon, so that was very frustrating!! I mentioned it at the front desk the next day, and nothing was done. I thought it would have been nice for a small discount or maybe even an apology. I would consider staying here again for the next Marathon (May 24th) as long as we are placed by a quiet group!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are always thrilled to provide accommodations for the Buffalo Marathon participants. I am very sorry to hear about the noise issues you experienced during your stay, especially the unexpected fire alarm! I will be sure to speak with our Front Desk staff to ensure similar situations are handled more appropriately in the future. Please feel free to contact me, Matt, directly at the hotel so I can make the appropriate adjustment to your bill. We look forward to your next stay and we will be sure to do everything in our power to ensure you a quiet room in the hotel.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

we needed a hotel conveniently located near buffalo women and children's hospital and the comfort suites fit the bill perfectly. we were greeted by a friendly staff at the front desk and were given a warm cookie and bottle of water. the spacious rooms allowed us to spread out after a stressful and confining day at the hospital. the king sized bed was very comfortable with nice linens and ample pillows. the room was clean and quiet. we didn't have time to use the amenities offered by this hotel such as free DVDs or the fitness center. the hot american breakfast was very nice and included eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, bagels and pastries, hot and cold cereal, juice, apples, oranges, bananas, yogurt, juices, teas and coffee and a waffle maker. the hotel is located near shea's theater, nice restaurants, fun bars and great entertainment especially in nice weather. my only minor criticism was the furniture was a bit stained, but i suspect it was due to sloppy clients and not the fault of the hotel. the parking garage was two blocks away and was not a problem for us, but may be for some people. they do offer a shuttle to and from the lot.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that our hotel was able to provide you a clean and comfortable stay during a trying time. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I am so pleased to hear you were able to enjoy many of our amenities. Thank you for your awesome review!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Suites, Downtown Buffalo over the weekend. Great hotel, free breakfast was wonderful, front desk was awesome. The only downside was having to park in a garage a block away and being by myself walking at night I was alittle skeptical. but it was good exercise. Planning on staying again this weekend, as I have a child in the hospital in Buffalo.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad to hear you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our front desk staff. I apologize for not meeting your expectations regarding parking, dependent on availability we do provide shuttle service to and from the parking garage so please do not hesitate to request this service during your next stay.