“Above Expectations”

Parrish, Florida
“Above Expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Above Expectations

We stayed at Comfort Suites, Buffalo downtown, two nights, while attending a family wedding.

Location was great for the wedding activities
Close to the Marina
Almost spotless, modern
Good breakfast
Friendly and helpful staff
Very good customer service
Computer workroom was a great plus
Trouble with the room AC on the second night and we were given a nice credit by the hotel at checkout.

Try to not stay on the Main Street side – local bars are loud and do not close until 4 AM.

Parking – 1.5 blocks away. Was not a problem for me. I did get asked for money several times, but I am used to this.

It was a very favorable stay.

Room Tip: Bar noise - Main Street Side
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Visions H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for the very nice review. Glad you enjoyed your time in Buffalo and here at the Comfort Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We used this hotel as a base for a Niagara Falls visit, which worked out fine. We had a rental which we had to park about 2 street up in a public parking place for which the hotel gave out some vouchers, so parking was free.

The frist night we stayed in room 220, which was right above the exhaust vents for the airconditioning for a group of buildings. The noise kept us up and we asked for a different room the next night. The desk-clerk asked us to pack our stuff, and when we got back that evening, our suitcases were in a new room, on the street-side of the building. Really easy-going staff.

Niagara is about a 20 minute drive (at around 10 AM, don't know about rush hour) and when you gat back in the evening there is a T.G.I. Friday's in the hotel for an easy meal.

Last but not least: we were used to simple hotel-rooms so a suite was a welcome change in scenery and a (semi-)descent couch to sit on was very welcome.

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms in which you can see the airconditioning fans outside your window. (right b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to to give us a review. Glad you enjoyed everything and hope we see you again!
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We used this hotel as base when we visited Niagara Falls. We reached Buffalo airport after 11pm so couldn't make use of the airport shuttle. However, the taxi to the hotel wasn't too expensive.
When we reached the hotel the lady at reception (Linda) gave us some cookies which I thought was a nice touch.
Our room (King Suite) was massive and the beds were really comfortable.
We had to leave the hotel early the next morning so we couldn't have breakfast at the hotel, however, we were given a breakfast bag which contained an apple, a cereal bar and water.
The hotel is only about ten minutes walk from the Greyhound bus terminal so it is very conveniently located if you are planning to take the bus to Niagara Falls.
The following morning we had to go early to the airport and a member of staff offered to take us there even though it was well before the shuttle officially starts to run.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Suites hotel and would like to say thank you to Linda who always greeted us with a smile even in the middle of the night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here with a colleague 6 nights attending a conference at the Hyatt (Comfort Suites was the overflow hotel). Stayed in room 615 (on the Chippewa side of the hotel).

Good:
* Lots of space. Colleague was willing to take sleeper sofa in the living room so with the french doors closed between the bedroom and the living room we had way more privacy (and space) than we would have had in a normal double room.
* Free airport shuttle. Just be aware that at the airport, you need to pick it up at the hotel shuttle load zone (which is on baggage level but at the end of the airport towards the buses). You'll need to schedule this ahead of time.
* Secure and quiet. Room key needed to call the lobby elevator. Noticed every hallway had a CCTV camera (with registration staff monitoring the cameras). While in the room, I heard no noise from neighbors or hallway.
* Location: right next to light rail station (free downtown) and on Chippewa strip of restaurants, bars, clubs, so several decent restaurants nearby. Would recommend Spot Coffee for pastries, sandwiches, coffee and Mighty Taco for cheap, good lunch.
* Free breakfast. Nothing fancy but included small premade omelettes, bacon/sausage patties, waffles. Gwen was able to keep up the times I was there.
* TGIF on site (if you like TGIF...personally I found better places on Chippewa).

Adequate:
* Staff. All professional...some friendlier than others.
* Housekeeping. OK but not terribly thorough. One missed the tip I left out, so I don't think they're really scanning the room to see what needs to be done (instead, focused on making bed, cleaning bathroom and that's it).

Bad:
* Southern exposure room really heated up during the day and HVAC was not great at cooling the room down. Thankfully windows did open for some fresh air but train was a little noisy so had to close the windows after the room cooled off in order to sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Visions H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for the very detailed review. I am glad that you enjoyed everything. Thinking about some of your comments I would suggest to use the full blackout drapes in the room. This would completely block out the sun. I will speak to the staff about the tip. I am hoping it was not taken because staff usually get tips at check out and not during a stayover and are trained to not take any money, even small change, unless someone has checked out. Really appreciate the feedback. Thanks again!
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Comfort Suites is run by an amazing staff! Everyone is cordial & helpful which makes the hotel stay very comfortable! The hotel is clean, newly remodeled w/ great amenities, inexpensive & so close to all the great restaurants, entertainment & nightlife in the area. If you don't want to leave the hotel TGI Fridays is connected right next door thru a hallway.
When on business visiting the offices located in the Main Place Towers - a trolly is available right outside the front door or if you enjoy a walk, it's just a few blocks away!

Thank You for Everything!

Linda
FlaktWoods

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for considering us #1! So glad you like the hotel and all that we offer!
Lake Ozark, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I want to thank Dan the maintenance man for helping me out, I stay for the week og May 29th to June 5th. I was participating in the Golden Games and do not have a power chair yet and my arms were hurting and Dan was nice enough to make sure I got to my room safely. Dan was really nice and helpful, he made me feel good about my self and why I was their. Dan is an outstanding employee.
Tommy White
lake Ozark, MO

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tommy W
Visions H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. I will make sure we recognize Dan for his great service. We are lucky to have him!
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here for five nights. Really enjoyed the extra space of the rooms. The layout really impressed my wife. We never got in each other's way getting dressed in the morning. She really appreciated the dressing room with vanity mirror.

Staff at the ground floor TGIF were great. They let me order beers (with local choices) and take up to my room. Shuttle drivers were friendly.

I would only recommend getting a room facing Chippewa to avoid noise from the Metro light rail trains.

Room Tip: I would only recommend getting a room facing Chippewa to avoid noise from the Metro light rail train...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Microbrewman
Thank you the nice comments. For a downtown hotel guests are always surprised at how large our suites are. Plenty of room in all our suites. Thanks again!