“Good downtown hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times, when on business in Buffalo. This is a very decent downtown hotel, conveniently located within walking distance to most of the restaurants, bars, and sporting events (except for Bills games). The king rooms are quite sizable, and very clean. The continental breakfast is decent, also. There's a TGI Fridays downstairs, if you're not in the mood to leave the hotel for food. The only major downfall is the lack of on-site parking, as described by the other reviewers. All-in-all, very few complaints.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on the hotel!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here one night in September on our way home from Niagara Falls and it was just the right place. The bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean. There was a mini fridge and microwave and really comfortable furniture. The location was good too. It was close to the restaurant we went to that served buffalo wings and also the cupcake place we stopped at on the way back. The parking is free which was awesome but it is a couple blocks away. This was not inconvenient to me but someone else might think so. The staff was friendly and professional. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.
The only thing that I didn't like was that the curtains on the windows did not close and we were right by a street light. If you like it to be very dark while you sleep this might be distracting like it was for me. Besides that, this was just the right place to stay on our way through.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for the nice feedback. I do want to mention that we do indeed have blackout drapes in all rooms. Sometimes that are hard to see and are behind the side drapes of the window. Sorry you did not find them.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Cofortable, spacious suite - living room, 2 TVs, microwave oven, fridge. Free bottled water and breakfast. Free WiFi throughout hotel. Good location... walking distance to restaurants etc. Friendly, helpful staff... make sure you meet Joann!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is me first review and I was very impressed with this hotel. This hotel was very clean. This is the first time that I have traveled with my 6th month old daughter and I was very impressed. it is right downtown there is many different restaurants with in walking distance. the only downfall to this hotel was parking. There is parking across the street but you have to pay and move your car in the middle of the night (as per another lady I spoke to). The hotel parking is down the street 2 blocks. as I said before this hotel is worth the money

Room Tip: We had a king room with a sofa bed which worked perfectly for us it had two separate rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank shawna_bradshaw
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Due to a family emergency, my brother and I unexpectedly had to quickly book an overnight stay, and then had to stay a second night. After the stress of the hospital, this hotel provided a a great experience right from check-in when Jerrod and Clint welcomed us with courtesy, warmth and humor. All the staff, right down to the breakfast attendants served with courtesy and pleasantness. Our suite was clean and attractive. Having TGIF right there was an added bonus. Staff there was great too. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Hotel guests receive a discount if they dine at TGIF.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

not only was the room very spacious and clean, it also was perfectly located...the staff throughout the entire hotel was professional and personable...the front desk staff could not have been more helpful..i was becoming somewhat of a pain with all my questions.parking and breakfast..what more do you need..we stayed coming and going for our two week cnandian trip...thanks again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Every single employee was kind and curteous to me throughout my brief stay. Kailey was very kind, helping me pick restaurants a couple nights or suggesting something to keep me busy. Her and Erika always brightened my day with a smile. Thank you for the wonderful accomodations. I plan on visiting in the future.

Room Tip: The king suites are spacious. Comes with all the comforts of home and even your own DVD player and f...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for the kind words about Kailey and Ericka, I have shown them your comments!