“Ideal Stay in Buffalo,NY The Queen City”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Stoney Creek Canada
“Ideal Stay in Buffalo,NY The Queen City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

I have stayed several times at the Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo. The hospitality, friendly and polite staff are just great! The people that i have met over the years have been just great as well!The rooms are very neat & clean, and are close to the First Niagara Centre, for Sabre games. There are bars and Restaurants all within walking distance of Comfort Suites. They also offer supervised free parking as well as free breakfast to get you started in the mornings. There is also free rail available in the downtown area. They are reasonably priced so let's all Shuffle off to Buffalo!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel! Hope you return to Buffalo!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

We missed out flight with Delta, so the airline booked us in the hotel for a night. The rooms were in exceptional good condition. Modern interior, large in size, clean and in good shape. Even though it was already almost 1AM, the front desk staff provided us with an excellent service and a very positive service attitude (Chris). If you are looking for a hotel in the Buffalo Airport area - this is definitely the place to be.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Elmira, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Before selecting to stay at the Comfort Suites, we did some research on other hotels in the the area and decided that this was our best bet. I am glad we booked here because our weekend was fantastic. The hotel sits right along the metro rail, so we were able to hop it to the Sabres game on Friday night and again for dinner on Saturday - genius! The room was spacious and had all the comforts of home without having to make the bed :) The only downside to our stay was breakfast - I was not thrilled with the eggs (I believe they are a powder mix). The waffle maker was the redeemer and we had a great time on our weekend away in Buffalo. We will be back again!

Room Tip: Keep your car in the parking garage and use the metro rail - it's right outside the hotel!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Arrived at 1:30 in the morning with a confirmation number...no rooms in the inn. They volunteered to put us up in a hotel 40 minutes away, and they called the police because we tried to go up to our friends room...unbelievable. NEVER patronize this hotel...EVER! We waited 1.5 hrs before they got us transportation,it's 3:27 AM and I'm in a cab. FML

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank DainTrain
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Very sorry but due to circumstances beyond my control that night we did not have your room available and all hotels near us also sold out. We shuttled you to a Hampton Inn 20 miles away and paid for the room. Next morning we shuttled you back to our hotel for your 2nd night and discounted your room by 50%. Very sorry for the inconvenience.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

This Hotel was a great choice recomended by a friend. I ended up speaking with the same girl multiply times by chance, and she was always friendly and helpful! Amber ( the girl we spoke with and who checked us in) was sweet and pleasant and really made our stay enjoyable. We bothered her several times throughout the evening for various reasons including forgotton toothbrushes, extra towels and blankets, couldnt get the tv to work etc. and everytime we spoke with her she was just as patient and helpful as the last. The rooms were also beautiful spacious and well kept! I especially loved the french doors sectioning off the master bed room from the pull out couch/ living room area, what a great added feature for families. Overall the staff was wonderful and so were the rooms, we know were we are staying next time we are in town!

Room Tip: lower floors tend to be louder!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for the kind comments! I will especially pass on the nice remarks to Amber!
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Pros - Location, friendly staff, free bottled water, exercise room, free parking, clean!

Cons - Horrible eggs and fatty sausage, and two days of enduring an idiot on our floor who wouldn't stop smoking. Management MUST take this seriously and kick out any future smokers.

Room Tip: Don't sleep on the side of the garbage dumpster - NOISY!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about the smoker. We are indeed a 100% non smoking hotel but unfortunately guests still smoke in rooms at times. We do charge them a $200.00 deep cleaning fee and do ask them to leave hotel. I will look into why they were not removed the first day. Very sorry about that.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed here at the end of February 2012 in order to be close to the convention center to take the bar exam. I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I knew that it wasn't a "luxury" hotel but I didn't expect all that the Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo had to offer.

First, I was very surprised when I opened the door to my room and realized I actually had a somewhat of a little "apartment." There was a little living room with a desk and the bedroom as sectioned off. It was amazing! The bed was very, very comfortable.

Second, there were lots of other random good amenities: The business center had free computers and free printing. There were dvd players in the room and there were dvds that you could "rent" from the front desk (selection of dvds wasn't stellar but c'mon, they're not a dvd rental business!) There were cookies in the lobby every afternoon. The free shuttle to/from the airport. Continental breakfast (selection doesn't vary greatly but it did the job). They had little kits to workout or do yoga in your room at the front desk, in addition to the fitness center (which is a little small). The folks at the service desk really want to help you and make your stay as comfortable as possible.

My only complaint deals with the airport shuttle. When I reserved the room a few weeks before my stay, I was told that I had to reserve a shuttle no more than 24 hours in advance and that was not the case. When I tried to reserve it to get back to the airport once I arrived at the hotel, the spots were all gone by folks who had reserved it more than 24 hours in advance. Not a big deal because the hotel staff helped me to get a taxi, but I just wish that I had received the right information. Moral of the story, if you need a airport shuttle and you think many other people will too around that time, make sure to reserve it right after you reserve your room. Otherwise you'll need to take a cab, and on a metered cab its about a $35 trip (for 1, if its more people obviously you can split the cost).

As I've said, it is an amazing hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business