“Convenience to Roswell Park”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Frewsburg, New York
“Convenience to Roswell Park”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We choose this motel because of it's location in downtown Buffalo, especially to Roswell. We have stayed here before and were very pleased at the remodeled rooms, comfortable beds and added ammenties. Wifi, free dvd's, breakfast,handi-capped parking, etc. From the time we checked in we experienced excellent service from all associates. I could not eat breakfast for a few days due to medical testing but when I did I was very pleased at the selections available and was very thankful for the help offered to me by GWEN. Thank you again...we will be back!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am so glad we were able to make your stay comfortable. I will also express your kind words to Gwen!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed at Comfort Suites Downtown in July while taking the NY bar exam. The hotel location was great. Walking distance to the convention center, so no worries about transport for the exam. Breakfast was pretty standard, but a good start to the day. A TGI Fridays is located in the hotel, so if you don't want to venture out, you can still head downstairs and get food (and alcohol!) to break up the studying. Tea and coffee station was available to guests, as well as a computer to check in online etc. Free airport shuttle was offered. This was a bit hit and miss. The hotel did not make it clear that they were using another hotel's shuttle on the day I arrived, so I waited for an hour at the airport for a shuttle, when there had been one waiting when I got there. Also, I booked the shuttle for my return trip to the airport, it was late. Luckily, I had anticipated this and booked an earlier shuttle, but another guest who was in the same shuttle had not, and was close to missing his flight. Room was everything I needed, separate bedroom, and a living room with a desk for studying, refrigerater, microwave and coffee maker. With the free shuttle, breakfast, walking distance to the convention center, and TGI Fridays, this hotel reduced many of the extra worries about travelling to Buffalo to take the exam and allowed me to concentrate on the exam itself. Definitely recommended for anyone taking the bar or with business at the convention center.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Laura60811
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am glad we were able to provide the services you needed. I am sorry about the shuttle situation. Since that time we have purchased a brand new shuttle and no need to borrow. Transportation to and from Airport is no longer an issue.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Myself and 2 colleagues stayed here in 2 rooms for 6 nights. We found the layout of the rooms to be really convenient for a stay of this length, and appreciated having a separate bedroom, and a small kitchenette area. The beds are comfortable too. The breakfast is as you would expect or this type of hotel, but with a refrigerator in the room, we were able to augment it by stopping at a grocery store and picking up some added provisions. The location is convenient to a few restaurants and was an easy drive to Buffalo State College where we were doing a project. The included parking is in a garage a block and a half away, so you have to be prepared to slog through rain snow or slush to get from the car to hotel after parking (of course there is a pull in area to drop off gear when checking in or out)

Overall, a nice stay for this price range.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cds_SanFrancisco
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Glad you were pleased! You are correct about the free parking garage being a block away. If requested we will have our shuttle take guests to and from garage so they do not have to walk in the snow or rain. Sorry you were not aware of that.
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I recently stayed at this property with my sister in law and her daughter for a cheerleading competition. The amenities were excellent,, they even gave you a free bottle of water at check in. It was a Friday night when we stayed, and the only complaint that i would have is the amount of rude young people staying in hotel, however this is obviously not something the property can foresee. The young lady at the front desk, Amber was very sweet. She maintained her composure and smile all night and was very professional on what seemed to be a very crazy party night. This hotel is very convenient and close to so many things and the rooms are beautiful. i would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments! I will share your wonderful comments with Amber! As with all downtown hotels we do need to contend with the young crowd that sometimes stays to check out the nightlife.However, the noise is usually contained to outside and lobby during checkin. Our weekend security that most downtown hotels typically have and key access only to guestrooms really helps. Thanks again!
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Right downtown Buffalo, NY, the Comfort Suites is a very nice all-suite hotel. Excellent staff and the suites live up to the name of the hotel. We have stayed here several times and made use of their shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. Glad you had a nice stay!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites on Chippewa for two nights recently on a business trip. As it was the 2nd week of January, there was not a lot going on in the area, but it was across the street from an outdoor skating rink that looked nice in the evening. Had a nice room on the 5th floor, large suite with king bed in a spearate room with glass doors. Nice clean bathroom that had entrances from both the bedroom and living area. LCD's in both living and bedroom, although no batteries in one of the remotes. A short walk to Allentown area for good eats, TGI Fridays in the hotel was good for late night snack as well. Complimentary breakfast was fine, bagels, waffels, yogurt, etc. Parking is a short walk to a nearby garage, a little inconvenient but no problem finding a sport of using the vouchers to get in and out. Free WiFi was fast and worked well. Only minor complaint was occasional smell of tobacco smoke that came in through the heating vent, must have been someone smoking close to an air intake.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Thank you for the feedback! Very sorry about the smoke smell! We are a 100% non smoking hotel but unfortunately people still do smoke which ends up having us deep clean that room. The ice rink is a nice spot downtown. There is also a movie theater, sports venues, broadway show venue and many restaurants within walking distance.
Castleton On Hudson, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2012

From October 9th through December 9th of 2011, I was an outpatient at a hospital in Buffalo, New York. This caused me to spend forty-five nights in a hotel that was within walking distance of the hospital. I had my choice of several nearby hotels. Before I had to make my choice, my wife and I had to make several six- hour car trips from our home near Albany, N.Y. to Buffalo for pre-treatment testing. During these trips, we tried three of the local hotels that were near the hospital. We decided that the best place to stay would be the Comfort Suites Hotel in Downtown Buffalo.
I am very glad that I did. The suite consisted of a large bedroom, full bathroom, kitchenette area with microwave and refrigerator and a comfortable size sitting room with desk and free high speed internet access. They also offered a reasonably sized exercise room that allowed me to keep my activity level somewhat on a par with what it was while I was at home. They offered a full breakfast every morning and coffee, cocoa and tea were available in the lobby all day long. Several evenings a week they had free cookies. They also offered a service that allowed me to check my suitcase and laptop computer in a secure area, thus making my trip back and forth from Buffalo to Albany much easier by not having to lug my large suitcase on the train every weekend. For eight of the nine weekends that I went home, all I had to carry with me was a small bag that contained my laundry (which I could have done there) that I brought back and forth on all these trips. There was a free shuttle service if needed.
However, more important than the physical amenities was the attitude of the staff. Every one from the Manager to the folks that did the house keeping were very pleasant and tried to meet any of my requests. The desk clerks and the lady who took charge of the breakfast area became more like friends than employees of the hotel. We knew each other by name and interacted with each other in a truly friendly manner.
If and when I have to go back to Buffalo for follow up to my treatments, I will stay at the Comfort Suite Hotel. I also would recommend it to anyone that I knew who was going to Buffalo for any reason what so ever.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank JimRSr
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your stay. We are glad that we were able to make your trips as easy as possible. I hope all is well!