“Excellent Stay @ 601 Main Street”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Location, great. Along the theatre district, close to great shopping and great clubs/bars. Area is up & coming. Parking is included at this location and is conveniently located just a block from the hotel. The hotel is decorated with modern and trendy updated style. The fitness room is a good size and breakfast buffet, included with your hotel night is generous. A lot of choices for every lifestyle. Our room was on the 3rd floor, rm 307. Walk in and notice how updated it is, granite topped wet bar with coffee maker. Living room with pull out sofa, beautifully decorated curtains. French doors opened to the bedroom. Walk through dressing area to the typically sized hotel bathroom. Great lotions, hairdryer and lots of towels. Impressive to us were the contant reminders to save energy and costs by reusing towels. I love that. The black out curtains on each window a definate plus. The hallways in the hotel were maintained and brand new carpet was installed. The even floors had ice mahcines and the odd floors had vending machiens and a washwer and dryer. This hotel is a great place to stay with family or long term. It definately has all the comforts of home. We were there for pleasure, the Buffalo Bills vs Patriots game and found it extremely easy to get to Bill's stadium. The staff, and Michael were very professional and very accomodating to our requests and needs. Nice to be handed a nice ice cold bottle of water at check in as well! I own a travel agency, Mojo Travel so I really inspect everything in a hotel from hotel elavator cleanliness to microwaves, to fitness equipment and ths hotel definately passed every inspection! Great job! Lisa Fitzgerald, CTA www.gomojotravel.com

Room Tip: The King room is amazing, the beds are so comfortable
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Thank you! It is very nice to receive a review from someone who does as much traveling as you do and who has been to many, many hotels and knows what customer service is all about.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites on Chippewa St. in Buffalo on a Saturday night. I was a bit skeptical because of it's being located on the end of a "party street" because we had to be up by 7am the following day to go to a Bills game. However, I was pleasantly surprised that the noise level was was at a minimum and we had no problems whatsoever geting any sleep.
This was a great hotel with very proffesional staff that were all very accomodating. I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in town for any reason. We will certainly stay there again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We received outstanding service from Gwen in the breakfast area. She alway's went beyond the call of duty to provide exellent service with a smile.We were so impressed and very much satisfied. For a group of more than fifteeen, the breakfast was precise and timely every morning we arrived. Our stay at the Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo was extremely worth it. Service provided to our entire group was surpurb. Thank you Gwen for all your efforts and hard work in providing a wonderful breakfast experience for the entire True Church Group. Thank you Comfort Suite Downtown Buffalo employees for your excellent hospitality.

Room Tip: Be very specific in choosing your room. Know exactly what accommodations you prefer.It is also helpf...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Thank you for the wonderful comments! I will definitely pass on to Gwen!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

I was in Buffalo from Sept 19-24th to attend a conference taking place at the Hyatt but was unable to get a room there. Stayed at Comfort Suites instead. Room was very clean. Location was within walking distance of the Hyatt. Great complimentary breakfast. Next to the commuter line. Most impressive was the wonderful staff. People who I met at the conference who were staying at the Hyatt told me they were unimpressed with it. Only nefative is the limited availabilty of the shuttle. Certainly would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Glad you had a wonderful time. Unfortunately our free shuttle is reserved for airport, bus and train runs. Glad you could walk to your conference or take the free trolley.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

Not the ritz, but a still a great value when staying in B-fo-lo

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This hotel was very clean and the front desk staff was always polite and very welcoming. We came to Buffalo to visit my son who was away at school. Two day after returning home I realized that I left my diamond ring and earrings on the vanity. Jennifer the front desk manager assured me that if I did leave them there they would be returned and she would check lost and found. After a few phone calls back and forth we confirmed that they had indeed found them. Within a week my ring and earrings we back in my possession. Needless to say I am 100 % pleased. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sicilia022269

Thank you for letting us know how happy you were. We have many, many items that get left behind at the hotel and I have let the housekeeping staff know how appreciative you were to find your items.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Over the last 17 years we have made frequent trips to Buffalo Re: Roswell Park. For several years we stayed at the Raddison Suites,but all aspects of the hotelwent downhill. We decided to try the Comfort Suites on our last trip and were very,very impressed. All of the staff were kind ,considerate, and helpful. We were provided transportation from the hospital after my husband's surgery. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The refrigerator was a welcome amenity. With all the pluses the hotel has to offer, it is the staff that will bring us back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind words. We are very proud of our special relationship we have with the hospital and glad we could be of service to you! I too am proud of our staff. Thanks again!