“Downtown is busy”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Although it takes effort to find the hotel, get checked-in, then move the car 1 1/2 blocks to a free parking garage, the hotel is very nice. Huge suite with every amenity you would want. Clean and comfortable, but as you should expect in the heart of a downtown large city, it can be daunting to get around. They do have good maps of the area, and the clerks are very helpful in directing you to the sites. We chose this one becuase of the proximity to the Anchor Bar, home of "buffalo wings"

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank welltraveled75
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Hotel is in a great location everything is within walking distance. The onsite restaurant is a big bonus as I did not have to leave to have dinner. The king suite is very spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable, everything in the room/bathroom was very clean. The breakfast was also good and the ladies were very helpful with making the waffles. Overall I would recommend staying here and will do so again myself.

Room Tip: For best rates for go to visitbuffaloniagara.com
1  Thank MEEEE10
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Thank you!! We look forward to seeing you again!!

Reviewed June 22, 2011

The hotel was very nice, but they double billed us and the 1-800 number tells me that they can do nothing except sent forward a complaint that must be returned within 72 hours. Apparently they all have their own billing system. When I asked why this is the only phone number that is on their website she said "they like us to be the fall-guy" This is after they told me at the front desk that I couldn't have a receipt because I booked through a third party. So they clearly knew I owed them nothing, but went ahead and billed my credit card after the third party had already billed my credit card. Waiting to hear from the manager.

Room Tip: stay away from the second floor over the bar
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay. I am very sorry you feel you were doublebilled. Although you prepaid for your room through a 3rd party site most hotels like ours need an additional authorization on a personal credit card for incidentals. Unfortunately, some banks take 7 days to release those funds. If you have not seen that credit by now please call us directly and we will be happy to resolve.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Downtown Buffalo for our second wedding anniversary. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. Two people in particular, Jerrod and Kailey, were helpful and made our stay at the hotel especially nice. The hotel room was perfect - plenty of space. The French doors leading to the sleeping area was an especially nice touch. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and having free parking downtown. We will definitely return and would like to thank Jerrod and Kailey for making our trip special.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the kind comments. We appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed June 10, 2011

Mature travelling business professionals look for ways to reduce the stress of mobile work, and the Comfort Suites provides several significant advantages: first and foremost the staff - the front desk is engaging and helpful, at all hours. The rooms are truly suites, providing a sense of 'home' of a small apartment; instead of a four-walled box there are architectural accents including individual areas for bedroom, living room and kitchenette. The decor is decidedly 'non-hotel', with pleasing wall colors and paintings. The breakfast is a key comfort item - more than just a bowl of cereal. The fitness center is just what the doctor ordered.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in are fine
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We can only improve by knowing what our guests say and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 5, 2011

It was My first time coming across the border to shop In buffalo. I was a little skeptical of this hotel because the site I booked it from , the reviews were not so good .I couldnt pass up the great price I got so I booked anyways. The Front desk Was friendly, as well as the lady in the breakfast room. When we saw the room we were impressed. Clean, 2 big tv's microwave and fridge. We had a amazing king size bed which was the best sleep i have ever had at a hotel before. The breakfast was basic but the waffles were really good! It was nice having tgi fridays attached to the hotel where we had a a friendly waiter. My Only problem was our door wouldnt shut unless you pushed it really hard. we only figured this out when we left for a couple hours and when we went to put the card in the door we realized it hadn't been closed, luckily nothing was stolen.Overall i was very happy and pleased and would recommend this hotel to friends and if im in the city again this will be the hotel i will stay at.

1  Thank nickynoodle87
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Thank you for the nice comments. Glad you had a pleasant stay. I am especially happy you had great service which is more important to me than a nice hotel. I will look into the door issue and cetainly something that can be fixed. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 24, 2011

The morning breakfast staff was exemplary. Gwendolyn and crew kept it well stocked and clean. They were especially helpful. Particularly to me because I was working night shift and I had to get up mid sleep to get breakfast. They always made sure I got fed!!! Thank you ladies!

TGI Fridays is right there and the night life is just down the street. Within a block is a live theater, clubs and movies. Front desk has movies for the in room dvd players.

Book early!

Room Tip: Book early...fills fast!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank m6dodds
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I will make a point of thanking Gwen and letting her know the kind words you expressed!