“Excellent Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Downtown Buffalo for our second wedding anniversary. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. Two people in particular, Jerrod and Kailey, were helpful and made our stay at the hotel especially nice. The hotel room was perfect - plenty of space. The French doors leading to the sleeping area was an especially nice touch. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and having free parking downtown. We will definitely return and would like to thank Jerrod and Kailey for making our trip special.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Thank you for the kind comments. We appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed June 10, 2011

Mature travelling business professionals look for ways to reduce the stress of mobile work, and the Comfort Suites provides several significant advantages: first and foremost the staff - the front desk is engaging and helpful, at all hours. The rooms are truly suites, providing a sense of 'home' of a small apartment; instead of a four-walled box there are architectural accents including individual areas for bedroom, living room and kitchenette. The decor is decidedly 'non-hotel', with pleasing wall colors and paintings. The breakfast is a key comfort item - more than just a bowl of cereal. The fitness center is just what the doctor ordered.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in are fine
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We can only improve by knowing what our guests say and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 5, 2011

It was My first time coming across the border to shop In buffalo. I was a little skeptical of this hotel because the site I booked it from , the reviews were not so good .I couldnt pass up the great price I got so I booked anyways. The Front desk Was friendly, as well as the lady in the breakfast room. When we saw the room we were impressed. Clean, 2 big tv's microwave and fridge. We had a amazing king size bed which was the best sleep i have ever had at a hotel before. The breakfast was basic but the waffles were really good! It was nice having tgi fridays attached to the hotel where we had a a friendly waiter. My Only problem was our door wouldnt shut unless you pushed it really hard. we only figured this out when we left for a couple hours and when we went to put the card in the door we realized it hadn't been closed, luckily nothing was stolen.Overall i was very happy and pleased and would recommend this hotel to friends and if im in the city again this will be the hotel i will stay at.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nickynoodle87
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Thank you for the nice comments. Glad you had a pleasant stay. I am especially happy you had great service which is more important to me than a nice hotel. I will look into the door issue and cetainly something that can be fixed. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 24, 2011

The morning breakfast staff was exemplary. Gwendolyn and crew kept it well stocked and clean. They were especially helpful. Particularly to me because I was working night shift and I had to get up mid sleep to get breakfast. They always made sure I got fed!!! Thank you ladies!

TGI Fridays is right there and the night life is just down the street. Within a block is a live theater, clubs and movies. Front desk has movies for the in room dvd players.

Book early!

Room Tip: Book early...fills fast!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank m6dodds
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I will make a point of thanking Gwen and letting her know the kind words you expressed!

Reviewed May 18, 2011

This hotel was such a good deal. The room was large, clean and in a convenient location. Parking is a block away which may be inconvenient for some, however, it worked fine for my family. TGIF's restaurant is attached which was great for us as we didn't have to go outside for dinner on a rainy day. The hotel staff were helpful and attentive. Free breakfast was a nice bonus.

The only complaint I had about our room was that the toilets were so noisy when flushed. I was so afraid I would wake up my sleeping child. But other than that, it was perfect. The best rooms are probably on higher floors. We were on the 6th floor and I could still hear some people on the street at night as well as the trolley or train.

One last thing is, I wish I would have known they had a dvd player in the room. That is so handy for families! There is a microwave and a refridgerator with a countertop which is so good for people with small children as well.

Room Tip: Higher floor to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed at a nearby higher end brand hotel the week before and the CS wins by a mile. Excellent in any way you measure - spacious suite, spotless, a good "real" breakfast for free, coffee always available in lobby, lots extra amenities and good front desk staff. Love the place, Ill be back my next Buffalo trip. I recommend for your downtown Buffalo lodging needs.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

Really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are striving to be the #1 hotel in downtown Buffalo and this kind of feedback is very important. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Every single staff member at this hotel treated me like I was a rock star! (and no, I'm not a rock star :)) They were knowledgeable about the area, and happy to offer suggestions on where to go, and how to get there.
The included breakfast was great: I'm a sucker for Belgian waffles. They also had a nice variety of choices.
Coffee all day in the lobby, and bottled water on request!
Spacious, clean, updated rooms were very comfortable.

Room Tip: a room overlooking Chippewa or Main Sts.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind comments! Glad you liked the waffles. They are a great hit. We also mix up the flavors - plain, cinnamon, chocolate chip, etc. Hope to see you again!