“Centrally Located, Comfortable Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Buffalo
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed February 1, 2010

As far as hotels go in Downtown Buffalo, this is one of the best, and my personal favorite.

As centrally located as you can get in Buffalo, the hotel was within walking distance to many downtown attractions and restaurants. Just keep in mind that many attractions in Buffalo are spread out - so this location is about as good as you can get.

The hotel was had clearly gone through a recent renovation, and it shows. The rooms were comfortable, well decorated, and very clean. Overall, it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
HRBGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2010

Thank you for the feedback that you provided on your recent stay at our newly renovated property! We are glad that you enjoyed your experience at buffalo's only First Class Full Service property. We look forward to your next visit to Western New York.

Reviewed February 1, 2010

Stayed two nights, New Years Eve and the following night. Checked in and was told by a bouncer at the elevator that there would be a $25.00 corking fee for a bottle of wine brought to the room. No one told us this at check-in or when we called for reservations. Spoke with the manager who obviously was more concerned with other things and shrugged it off with a lame explanation and said it was on the website. We were also given a wrist band to wear even though we were not attending their event and was told that it would cost $99.00 if we lost one. The room was so hot we had to sleep with the window open. We had the Eat and Tweet package and found upon check out that they had charged us for the internet service,so we had to go back and have them redo the bill. I just received my credit card statement and found that they have now charged us for the bottled water. Never did get a newspaper either. All were part of the package. No valet parking which is a problem when you consider Buffalo weather. Even the bottled water is classless. Will never stay at a Hyatt again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rsstmwk
HRBGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2010

Thank you for your comments related to your recent stay. We are disappointed that you were not satisfied with the experience. It is our goal to ensure that each of our guest's expectations is exceeded. We appreciate the candid feedback and will work to ensure that your next stay is flawless.

Reviewed January 31, 2010

This is one of the more venerable downtown hotels, but with the addition of the Best Western and Hampton Inn close by, it might not be the best choice for the budget-conscious or business traveler. The service was good as expected from Hyatt but the hotel breakfast was priced for NYC, not Buffalo. EB Green's Steakhouse located in the hotel is quite good and they have some smaller portion options that are well priced.

Business travelers on longer stays should be advised that there is no laundry service available besides dry cleaning.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank skierajs

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our newly renovated property as well as your experience at EB Greens Steakhouse, which has just been rated as the #3 Best Steakhouse in America. We look forward to your next visit to Buffalo.

Reviewed January 14, 2010

This was my second stay at this hotel for business. It is a nice hotel within walking distance to most downtown businesses, restaurants and bars. I reserved through Hyatt.com for an executive king room and was told on check-in at 5 pm that no executive king rooms were available. They gave me a breakfast voucher instead and kept me at the same rate. Not thrilled. The fitness center is very nice with state of the art equipment. The breakfast buffet was very average. Given the options in downtown Buffalo, I would still stay here again, though.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent comments on your stay at our newly renovated property. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and your experience in our state of the art, "Stay Fit" fitness center. We look forward to your next visit to Buffalo.

Reviewed January 4, 2010

As hotels go, this one is better than average in its structure although you can tell it is aging (gracefully so) in some areas, particularly the corridors and so on. I would still rate it very good as a hotel on that alone, but what prompted me to write this review was how good the staff and service was. We went under winter storm conditions and the hotel was not very crowded (of course), so that probably helped. However, Jimmy and others in the staff made it so nice for us, catering to our every wish: discount coupons for the attached steakhouse (which was very good as well), letting us check our very late, and still holding our (plenty of) baggage for several hours more, then getting the courtesy van to drive us to the bus terminal (not a regular service for them).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank tcxgarcia
HRBGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2010

Thank you for the great feedback regarding from your recent stay! We are glad that you enjoyed your experience in our newly renovated property! We are especially proud that you noted our associates and their outstanding level of customer service!

We look forward to your next visit to Buffalo

Reviewed December 31, 2009

OK for a Hyatt, but have to park across the street and the internet didn't work in my room. Front desk said wireless only reaches lobby and meeting rooms, and the wired option in my room kept responding that my room number was wrong. Front desk couldn't help solve the issue and wanted me to call an 800 number to get help. Not a huge deal, but annoying.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank rowfast43
HRBGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2010

Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. I am disappointed that you experienced issues with our Internet service. I have reported the incident to our provider and am confident that this was an isolated incident. We look forward to your next visit to Buffalo.

Reviewed December 3, 2009

When I think of a Hyatt, I think of high end hotel. This one was a two star caliber. The room when we checked in had food remnants on the floor. The maid never vacuumed. The decor was dark, drab and generic. There was nothing there that indcated any sort of luxury.

I wanted to order a bottle of champagne for my room. They had such a difficult time doing it, the entire process face to face with someone took at least 30 minutes. I had friends waiting for me while the hostess tried to figute out who could take my money.

A disappointing hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
HRBGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2009

We appreciate the feedback that you provided on your recent stay at our newly renovated property, although I am disappointed that you experienced a lapse in service. I have reviewed your comments with our team and I am confident that you will enjoy a first class experience during your next visit to Buffalo.