“Terrible Hyatt at Buffalo”

Hyatt Regency Buffalo
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed November 4, 2008

5 Nov 08,

I had the misfortune of staying at this terrible hotel. The hotel web site gives a very rosy picture of this hotel ,but in reality it is exactly the opposite. The hotel is in dire need of renovation. Room was smelly with worn out and stained carpet ,toilet with worn out fittings , broken closet doors and untidy ,dirty rooms with food stains all over the furniture. I paid close to usd 200 per day and felt cheated. I cut short my two day stay to one day and shifted to a Crowne plaza property .

I did write to customer care Hyatt ,on returning home. But all they had to offer was one night complimentry stay again at the same hotel, which I feel is meaning less.

I would like to caution fellow travellers and stongly advice them not to stay at this hotel.

JITENDER GUPTA

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Buffalo

Reviewed September 28, 2008

book it thru Hotwire for a good deal for $59 for a Friday night stay.
For that room price I shouldn't complain much.
Nice staff, spacious room, clean linen and clean bathroom.
carpet pretty worn out and lots of stain.
no free parking, not senior peole friendly there is no railing beside the bathtub almost break my mom's hip.

Reviewed September 25, 2008

The room was so dirty it made the bottom of my socks black, there was also mold in the bathroom, which I might add didn't have a vent. The staff is rude, the only nice employess are the doormen and bell hop, If you make a complaint you get absolutely no satisfaction and they take no responsibility for their actions. Don't stay when there is an NFL team there, you will be second rated and the football team will be put on a pedastal and you will be treated like crap.

2  Thank acolon29
Reviewed September 21, 2008

My husband and I just returned from spending 2 nights at the Hyatt in Buffalo - where we attended a wedding reception. I am appalled at the way the management of this establishment handled a situation that occured. The evening of the reception, the NFL Oakland Raiders were arriving at the Hyatt for their game against the Buffalo Bills that Sunday. This caused disturbance as the players were brought to the corridor where the entrances to the wedding reception ballroom was. Problems arose as some of the players were made rude and inappropriate comments to some of the guests. Some guests began singing the "Lets Go Buffalo" chant, and a security officer became enraged and slammed the fire doors closed and held them. Fire Mashall, Please?? Hotel staff did come into the room, but no members of the wedding party were approached. In fact, they didn't even know this was occuring. Subsequently, without notice, the staff of the hotel entered the room and announced they were shutting down the wedding. WHY?? These young, insolent, big lugs who happen to have notoriety because of football (as well as their staff) can engage in horrible behavior, but where are the rights of this couple who spent a near FORTUNE to have their wedding reception at this establishment? How embarassing for them!! They had this room reserved for almost a year. Nobody from the party infringed on anybody else, but YES, THEY were subjected to abuse because of notoriety of sports figures. Well, I have NO respect whatsoever for this establishement or their management. We will never stay at ANY Hyatt Hotel ever again.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 5, 2008

Hi all,
I got this hotel from priceline for $40 a night (Monday). I immediately read the reviews here, I was not so pleased, but, after my stay, I am very much pleased especially for the price.
I did book 2 rooms for couple of families. When we arrived, the staff was very professional and asked what type of room I need: “King” or “Double”. I took one each and both rooms were having comfy bed(s) and comforter(s). Nice air conditioning…no noise. Good location…just 30 minutes to/from Niagara Falls.
Bathtub and TV needs an upgrade. Pool is accessible for free in the opposite club…Note: they don’t allow kids Mon-Thu…so, we couldn’t use it. Paid parking ($5) is available just across the street (Staff gave a clear map of it). Only one soap in the bathroom! I did ignore most of these small issues and we really enjoyed our stay.
Good luck,
crao

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crao
Reviewed September 4, 2008

When Priceline accepted my offer and I saw I was staying at a Hyatt Regency I was ecstatic. And then I came here to research it. After reading reviews I was ready to call Priceline and claim that this didn't fit their description of a 3.5 star. But I figured I would give it a chance. At check-in we asked if there were any upgrades available as my baby daughter sleeps a lot better in her own room. They had no suites available but upgraded us for free to an executive room. Still, since reading the reviews, I just thought it would be a bigger version of the dump people were making it out to be. Imagine our surprise when we walked in the room and it was really nice. Very clean, absolutely humongous, beds were extremely comfortable. Bathroom was really big, had tons of free stuff and just a tad outdated. Internet cost $9.95 a day. Parking worked out well because we were there on a Sunday night and parking is free on the streets of Buffalo until 8:00 am. Our daughter made sure I was up on time to feed the meter. Besides for that, they offer either $8 for overnight or $12 for all day.

All in all, this was a great hotel. The staff was super friendly, the room was great and the total experience was very enjoyable. The reviews don't do justice to this place.

2  Thank charliedds
Reviewed September 2, 2008

It's a great deal. I asked for a room with 2 beds (they were twin, but quite big and comfy). The room was clean, big and we had a great stay. Reading all those reviews I was a bit scared to go, but it exceeded our expectations.

I think they are remodeling some rooms, saw bunch of renderings on display in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family