“The "Polite-est" hotel I have ever stayed at!”

Hyatt Regency Buffalo
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Rochester, New York
“The "Polite-est" hotel I have ever stayed at!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was very impressed with the attitude of all the employees-- and that is not something that happens by accident. I commend the management for their professional. for example, as I was leaving I was asked twice if I needed directions to anywhere. The hotel is real clean and the location in Buffalo is great.
A few things I noticed. In my room there. 1. There was no packet of information that shows the hotel services 2. My remote control for the TV was not working and 3. there was a chair but no couch in the room. I love to spread out some and was not comfortable in the chair. If I were spending more than a day, I woul dhave to stay at another location. If there were two people staying in the room it would feel very uncomfortable.
This really is the most polite hotel I have stayed at. The staff was excellent so next time going to Buffalo I would feel torn not staying there but I really do need a more comfortable sitting situation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We made reservations at this hotel due to its proximity to the Buffalo Convention Center as we were attending the Buffalo Wine Festival. We were able to take advantage of one of your :Romance" packages. As part of the package we received dinner for 2 at EB Greens Steakhouse, Breakfast for 2 the next morning and complimentary valet parking. All staff that we encountered were wonderful and more then helpful. The room was clean and had a great view of the city - we will stay again!

Room Tip: Make sure to advise that you do not want an adjoining room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank meanica123
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2014

2 day stay for a weekend shopping getaway.We booked here for the pool then found out it was closed for repairs-very disappointed as it was a big reason tht we booked this hotel. Room had a frig, which was great -fortunately, we noticed right away it wasn't working properly. It was plugged in but the thermostat was turned way down. We had to pull fridge out to get to the thermostat to turn it up--dust back there was crazy! Lucky our restaurant leftovers didn't spoil and we figured it out in time. Somehow, we ended up with an adjoining room (we never asked for one) and the wall was paper thin...I won't go into detail of what was heard but it is forever in my memory....just yuck!

I would stay again, but would ensure pool is avaliable and not EVER take an adjoining room-parking is free after 5pm at meters- and free on weekends so we didn't pay anything-buffet waffle is great, staff is friendly and professional.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online survey. I do apologize that the pool was closed for maintenance during your recent stay. Buffalo had an extremely harsh winter which caused some pipes to burst in the hotel. Although maintenance any time can be a hassle, Easter week was a slow week for the hotel and the best time for us to make the repairs that were necessary. We did post the closure on our Hyatt Webpage, but with several ways to make a reservation, it is difficult to inform all the guests. Regarding the fridge, I have notified our Housekeeping Manager to make sure that we clean those areas as well. At anytime if you are having an issue with something in the room, we do recommend that you contact the front desk so that we can send someone up to help address the problem. Thank you for choosing Hyatt and sharing your feedback from your stay.

Jennifer
Executive Assistant to the GM, Jay Dellavecchia
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while in Buffalo on a business trip and I was beyond satisfied with my room and the service. I am so glad I booked it. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent and very accommodating.

I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels and so far, I would rate the Hyatt as one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone planning on visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Daisie12
Lynchburg VA
Reviewed April 17, 2014

during a busy conference, overpacked w too many meetings from start to finish, Buffalo's Hyatt Regency offers comfort, peace, combined with great food and service - whether a delicious breakfast or a great entre from one of America's 10 best restaurants, you will be happy you chose to explore Buffalo from this centrally located venue; great valet, check-in/out, housekeeping and room service to take the hassle out of arrival, departure and everything in between.

Room Tip: worth a Hyatt Gold Rewards effort, My corner room was an upgrade and large, great view, well worth i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2014

A refreshing change to the usual hotels on a shopping trip. Room, service, restaurant and bar, and spa were excellent. Fun to be in downtown Buffalo. Amazing architecture to see. And many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Brief one night stay, very impressed with the make over - clean, crisp look and feel.
The Breakfast Buffet was plentiful and admitted quite tasty
Staff were friendly, helpful and professional.
Good downtown location in Buffalo.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business