“Outstanding front desk service and room very clean!!!”

Hyatt Regency Buffalo
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
United States
“Outstanding front desk service and room very clean!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our front desk clerk was friendly and checked us in and we had a wonderful room which was very clean and nice. The room rate was excellent and they had a superb steakhouse on the first floor off the lobby. I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the steakhouse. There are lots of dining choices at this hotel. I did find the lobby to be very noisy with other people congregating around talking however, this hotel gave us exactly what we wanted and the accommodations were perfect! I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very nice rooms. Nice reception area and great location. Not much else to say about the rooms, although they were a bit small they were very comfortable. I didn't have a laundry bag in my room 904 Dec 6 but that's about all I could find wrong with the room. I know the hotel will say I should call to have one brought up but I don't really want to feel stupid asking somebody to bring a plastic bag to the room. I will just stick it in my bag and hope there's one tomorrow night at the Phoenix Hyatt.
The workout room was nice but the swimming pool wasn't, you should just call it a pool. Too small for laps...
Anyway lots of places to eat around the hotel and it is in an excellent location in the downtown. the people were excellent and friendly during check in and in the reception area and OH YEAH, they have a freezer with ice creams in it at check in. I love it Thanks

If you think this was helpful please mark it so. Berny

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

The poor service started with the reservation process. I had Stay Certificates for a weekend getaway. After planning a trip with my boyfriend, I call the reservation service to reserve the hotel for the upcoming weekend. I was told I did not provide enough advance notice to stay that weekend. The reservationist also informed me it was a manual process to check to see when the hotel was available and she could not just find the next available weekend. After a long process and multiple phone calls, the hotel room was booked. Upon arriving, the valet parking people ignored us and my boyfriend had to drive around the block while I figured out how parking worked. Our room was less than mediocre with no amenities. TV was not in HD and had bad reception. The room looked like the same furniture found in cheaper hotels. The internet was a separate fee. The workout room was fantastic, but I got stuck in the elevator going back up to my room and had to wait for maintenance to get me out. They do have a stainless steel swimming pool on the top floor that looks out on the city and lake. That is unique and worth seeing if you happen to stay at this hotel. On top of the poor service and mediocre room, I found out the hotel charged my credit card for both nights even though I had certificates. It took 2 long phone calls to straighten it out. Hyatt lost my business for good!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank C W
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Buffalo for a romantic getaway. We purchased the Romance package which includes a room with a KIng-Size Bed, your valet parking, your breakfast and your dinner at EB Greens steakhouse (won't do EB Greens again but that's another story) all for only $192.00. Very good deal.

Once we arrived the valet parking people were at our car assisting us right away. They were very courteous and professional. When we checked in the desk clerk was amazing. Since we had the romance package he immediately found us a room on the highest floor with a nice view of the city and waterfront all without asking. He fully explained where everything was in the hotel and made sure that we had everything we needed.

The room was very nice with a very comfortable king-size bed. The only thing that I would suggest is that they upgrade their television from a 32" and get high definition. Doesn't really motivate you to purchase one of their in room movies. Other than that everything was great. We called down to the front desk for some nice hotel robes, included for free, and they were brought to our room within 3 minutes. Amazing.

The breakfast the next morning was great. It was in the atrium area which is very nice. You could order something a la carte off of the breakfast menu or have the breakfast buffet. Both my wife and I opted for the buffet. Lots of choices including a made-to-order omelet station. The omelet was awesome. Breakfast is until 11am which is great if you're sleeping in.

Another nice feature of this hotel is that the check-out is not until 12noon. You can also check-out online, over your phone or over the television, which saves alot of time. Neither the parking, breakfast, or dinner were on the bill. Only the wine with dinner and the tips. PERFECT.

I called the valet station just before leaving the room and they said the car would be outside waiting within 15 minutes. Went down to the lobby 15 minutes later and there it was all warmed up and waiting. Great service. When in Buffalo I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you had a first class stay with us! We really appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. We all work together very hard to make sure that every guest has a exceptional stay. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Jennifer Monge
Executive Administrative Assistant
Clifton Park, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my girlfriends--we were going on a wine tour. Our room was completely disgusting--I don't think it was ever cleaned. The floor was not vacuumed and we opened the dresser drawers to find it filled with soy sauce, duck sauce, used eating utensils and dirty clothes. We called housekeeping and they came and removed the items from the drawer but it still doesn't change the fact that our room was never cleaned and we were disgusted. There is no excuse for that.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MPHGirl23
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to apologize for the lack of cleanliness in your room during your recent stay. This is absolutely unacceptable and will be addressed immediately. Our Housekeeping Manager will investigate who the housekeeper was that was responsible for your room and will take the necessary disciplinary steps to ensure that this never happens again. Once again, I do apologize for the disappointment of your stay. Your valuable feedback is important to us and helps us to improve.

Jennifer
Executive Assistant
Shanty Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Husband and I left the kiddies with Grandma to get away for a night and do some Christmas shopping.
Pros:
Web check in and check out was very easy to use.
Pool was stainless and offered a great view of the city.
Beautifully decorated for Christmas.
Complimentary robes on request.
Valet parking was very convenient .
Cons:
No hot tub.
Saunas didn't work.
No towels in pool area.
Bartender at Atrium bar not very sociable.
Overall a nice stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jesse W
Kingston, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Among the early downtown Buffalo revival hotels,the HYATT REGENCY is a solid choice.Beautifully appointed atrium and lobby for the holidays,along with excellent in-house dining add to the experience.Booking mishap quickly and cheerfully addressed by the lovely Rebecca Felicetti (Registration attendant refused to help,but Rebecca stepped in to remedy)..Very good breakfast buffet overseen by Jonathan Dispenza who personally visited each table and is gracious and caring..E.B.Green steakhouse on site is excellent.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frank_king99
Jennifer M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review about the Hyatt Regency Buffalo. I am pleased to hear that your mishap with your reservation was quickly corrected. Rebecca is a great asset to the Hyatt Team and always willing to help our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed our Breakfast Buffet in the Atrium Bar and Bistro. Thank you for the positive comments about Jonathan, he is amazing with the guests and staff as well. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Jennifer