“Nice stay at a great hotel”

Hyatt Regency Buffalo
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I, along with our two teenage boys stayed 3 nights the last weekend in October. We had a king room , the boys shared a double/double next door. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff at the front desk were awesome. We had rooms on the 16th floor facing toward the river. The beds are so comfortable, the shower had great water pressure-which means a lot to me being a woman with thick hair! Great valet parking downstairs. We got "egged" by a bunch of rowdy kids on our way to dinner, and the car washes were all closed when we left. The valet wiped off the mess when he parked our car! They pool is stainless steel, that was a first for us. I wish it was heated to a much warmer temperature, as there isn't a hot tub to soak in. All in all a great place to stay! They brought up a microwave when we called down asking if there was one on site to warm up some pizza. Service was awesome!! Indoor walkway to the conference center was def a bonus, as it was cold and rainy and we didn't have to step foot outside to get there.

Room Tip: A superior room on a high floor is great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was my second stay at the hotel. For me there is no reason to consider another property in the city. Staff is wonderful. Jim for instance, clearly is proud of the city and is always so willing to spend a few minutes to share what the city has to offer. Jim I believe was one of your bellman. How sweet is Mary in the gift shop ! The Hyatt is a well managed hotel.I have been in the hospitality buisness for twenty five years. The thoughtful service provided by the staff at The Hyatt Regency Buffalo does not go unoticed here. I love the beds too,very nice. EB Greens is the place to go for a first rate meal. Found right inside the hotel. I loved the hotels breakfest as well. This 40 year Bill's fan looks foward to a return visit to The Hyatt. The Bills may loose from time to time,but The Hyatt will always shine !

Room Tip: I love the corner joing rooms,#405,407 for example
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Billy B
Jennifer M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you had a first class stay with us! We really appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. We all work together very hard to make sure that every guest has a exceptional stay. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Luckily I'm not expecting a good view in downtown Buffalo. Overlooked the flat roof with a lit skylight right outside the window. Curtains did a good job to block out the light, though.

Room was very nice, well appointed, bathroom was large, place was clean and quiet and bed was comfortable. Furniture was nice and actually felt like just being in my bedroom. With that said, the value wasn't so good. $200+ for a Tuesday night in downtown Buffalo seems steep. Not much going on and downtown Buffalo is really dead, especially during the week. Not sure why they would charge that much for a room. The $20 valet was a bit much as well. It's not like it's downtown Chicago or New York or San Fran where there isn't much room for parking. The entire city is a parking lot. And for $15 to self park, it makes no sense to NOT valet. Money grab, in my opinion. If you really want people to come and stay downtown in a city that's really hurting, I'd recommend giving people more of a reason to do so. Dinging people for things like valet, internet and such doesn't make sense. Luckily as a Diamond Member, I get internet free, but $15 for internet for a day? I don't get it.

Anyway, it is likely I'd find someplace else next time in town even though I'm a loyal Hyatt customer. Better value to be found elsewhere, I'm sure. If the price was like $150 and not additional charges, I'm sure that I'd feel better about staying here considering the room was actually nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We recently stayed there for a conference held at the conference center. No flaws. Great place, nice bar. Very nice stay as the room was large and comfortable. The front desk service and the valet were great. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night after a visit to the Falls. Very nice stay as
the room was large and comfortable. The staff is professional and courteous.
We will definitely stay here the next time we travel in upstate New York. Easy
access to highway to the airport.

Room Tip: Eat at E B Green's, the steaks are very, very good and the service is excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rp-yp
Jennifer M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were just passing through Buffalo and just needed a place to sleep for the night. We didn't use any of the amenities. The front desk service and the valet were great. The room was a little noisy, the walls must be pretty thin and we could hear the family in the room next to us. My major issue is that the room was very stuffy/warm. You have very limited control on the temperature of the room. If we could have at least cracked the window it would have made a big difference. Neither of us slept that well because it was so warm (even though the heat was off).

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Hotel room was a quite a good size and looks ok. The bed is rather comfortable and wallpaper behind the bed makes the room looks cosy. However, the walls between rooms are extremely thin. My neighbor was clearly having a party even after 12am and I could their laughter and loud chats. If you are a light sleeper, you may want to prepare ear plugs.

The toilet definitely needs some updating. The shower tap was extremely old and a little difficult to operate. There is only wifi in the main lobby so it is quite inconvenient.

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online survey. Our hotel does have an 11pm curfew for noise. At anytime if your stay is disrupted by noise, we ask that you contact the front desk and we will send security up to address the situation. I do apologize that the noise was disruptive to your stay. Regarding the Internet, your concern is understandable and I appreciate your comments regarding the fee for wireless Internet at our hotel. Just like with the telephone in your room, there are costs associated with providing Internet service; from hardware to Internet availability and support services. Since this service is optional, like that of pay movies, telephone etc., the cost would not be appropriate to be included in the overnight room rate. Full service hotels such as Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton and Westin charge for Internet on a per-use basis. We consistently compare the price we charge for wireless Internet in the guest rooms with that of our competitors to ensure we remain competitive. Gold Passport members do receive this service free and our Business Plan package includes complimentary Internet.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Jennifer