2,255 results
All reviews atrium bar convention center valet parking nice hotel breakfast buffet valet staff niagara falls hockey game downtown area steakhouse jimmy starbucks conference wedding theatre bellman event
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have to say this hotel completely exceeded our expectations - we have stayed in many hotels and this particular trip is was all about the kids - we went for a 1 night stay and choose the Hyatt because of the proximity to the 1st Niagara Center as we were taking our 2 boys to see a Sabres Games. So here are the reasons we gave this property 5 stars as i certainly would not give it this rating without reason
1. Concierge was outstanding - i wish i knew the gentleman's name that was on duty last night but he was sensational - telling us all about Buffalo when we arrived, taking all of our things to our room and fully explaining the amenities and as a bonus he brought my kids ice cream since we mentioned we wanted to order - literally brought the boys a few scoops of vanilla ice cream free of charge as a nice gesture - in this day and age how often do you get anything for free? So #1 is awesome concierge
2. Rooms were recently redone and very nice - not 5 star as per the rating...maybe 3.5 stars to be honest but it was clean, quiet and comfortable and certainly met our expectations for the 1 night stay
3. We went for breakfast and the waitress was fantastic...she brought our kids 2 free stuffed animals...again what hotel does this...the boys got 2 beanie baby sort of things so the kids had something to play with during the meal as a gift from the hotel - again i don't recall any other hotel offering this kind of service
4. Pool is awesome - 5 feet deep - view over the city - perfect place for the kids to have fun when you are not around
5. Price was amazing...we spent $123 including tax for our stay with a special Hyatt rate...yes parking was $20 extra for Valet but we used the in and out service quite a bit so i felt it was pretty good value for us - so remove valet cost and what hotel anywhere in Canada/US can you stay that is a 4 star hotel for that price...you can't stay anywhere which even compares and it's not the way the hotel looks that impressed us during this stay - it's the exceptional service we received from concierge and wait staff that really went the extra mile

This hotel should be #1 in Buffalo on trip advisor - i have no idea what some of the other folks are saying - WIFI is always extra at any 4 or 5 star hotel and i'm not saying there can't be small things that go wrong but the staff went out of their way to make me jump on trip advisor and send this right when we got back home this evening.

Room tip: We stayed on 11th floor - worked awesome for us since pool is on 11th floor but if you don't want to be near the pool then i would not suggest 11th floor
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Jennifer M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for completing the review on the Hyatt Regency Buffalo. I am very pleased that you had a outstanding stay with us. I understand how important it is especially when traveling with children to have such a memorable trip. Our staff goes above and beyond for our guests and the small gestures really make a impact. Thank you for the exceptional review and I will be sure to pass along all the comments to our staff. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I drug my husband along on my business trip since it was Valentine's Day. Hotel was in a great location. Room was very nice. Bed was comfortable. Fitness room was great. Service was somewhat lacking. On arrival, two valets just sort of looked at us. No help with baggage, and my husband had to approach them to take the car. Similarly, when we checked out, we called for the car. When we came down, it was parked with no keys and no attendant. My husband found him inside talking with the desk clerk. Also, on our first day there was coffee in the lobby. None on the second day. Room service breakfast was very good and attendant was friendly. Happy hour was very nice. Our server, Flavia, was very friendly. Loaded chips were yummy.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Linda P
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt for three days and was uninspired. Whilst the room was clean the bed was broken and the shower/bath tub floor was not laid correctly resulting in weird bubbles under the flooring. Very odd. Bar staff quite oblivious and food wasn't great. Bad neighbourhood - but this might just be buffalo. Staff seemed helpful but overall was not worth visiting.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Clean, pleasant room and staff BUT expect to pay a lot more for basic services than the room.

* This is a huge beef of mine, the hotel charges expensive WiFi services which is pretty much essential services these days. How hotels like this get away with it these days, I just don't understand - when WiFi is INCLUDED in the most basic, cheap hotels as standard. Even worse, you pay for how fast you want your WiFi. Expect an additional $10 / day for checking email or $15 / day for 'premium' service.

* No parking. You'll also pay at least an additional fee for parking. Either $20 for Valet services at the hotel, $15 / day across the street in a parking lot or $5 overnight until 8am or something in a garage slightly further away.

* TV on demand (not films, just box standard TV), you pay for that too.

* Breakfast, yeah - not included and of course, very expensive.

Furthermore, if you've booked this hotel for the pool which we had for our son - it's far too cold to swim in. He's a hardy sort, but was absolutely freezing within 5 minutes. Perhaps we'd have to pay to have the pool heated to a reasonable temperature too?

I travel a lot for work and this hotel rates very poorly indeed for the services it offers. I'm guessing it's still in business because like me, I had assumed standard services would be included. We'll look elsewhere when coming back to Buffalo.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Jennifer M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor review. I would like to apologize for the difficulties you experienced during your recent stay. I would like to apologize if you were not informed of free Wi Fi if you are a gold passport member. This is a free service that also allows you to earn points for stays with all Hyatt Hotels. You can sign up for this either online or at our Front Desk. I'm sorry for the inconvenience you had with parking as well. Most of our downtown hotels do not have onsite parking and do charge for parking.
We are currently in the process of changing our television systems to include more movies, HD and much more. We anticipate all the rooms will be completed by June 2013.
Regarding the pool, we are looking into the temperature issue you had. Our pool temperature is set for 83 and I apologize again if this was not the case. I do have our Engineers looking into this situation to make sure that it is repaired immediately.

Thank you for your valuable feedback, it is through your comments that we are able to improve.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

On the first morning I was waking up by the blackberry of the room next door, and every door slam of nearby rooms were loud. The heating system also made noise like it's raining outside. On the second day, when I came back to the room, then was a continuous 'gee' sound in the room and it was the refrigerator. The engineer had to turn that off. I asked to change to the other room, but the internet line was not working. So I had to move back to the original room. I spent an hour and a half on the move. It's frustrating. The staff are friendly though. And the hotel is close to the Main Street. The interent is not free. Probably I won't be a returning customer.

Room tip: Don't take a connecting room. It's more noisy than the others.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Kwok Yuen L
Jennifer M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for completing a review. I understand the frustration you had with the internet connection and we did have engineering attend to the room and repairs. Regarding the charge for internet, as a gold passport member you are not charged our internet fee. It will ask in the room for the charge to be accepted but we adjust it off the bill for all gold passport members. I would like to apologize for the difficulties you had with noise. We are currently in the final planning phases to help reduce noise from hallways and other rooms. It was extremely winding during your stay as well, and being in the city they are very strong winds that come off of Lake Erie and Unfortunately I actually heard them at my home as well.