Hyatt Regency Buffalo
Travelocity
$159
Travelocity
2,050 results
All reviewsatrium bareb greensconvention centervalet parkingnice hotelbreakfast buffetking roomvalet staffmain streethockey gameniagara fallsdowntown areasteakhousejimmyconferenceweddingtheatre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a business trip and the Hyatt was the one business hotel that fit into my allowed budget. Overall it's adequate but in need of updates. It does seem they are in the process of making some updates such as the old elevators and sprinkler systems. The numbers on most doors are peeling and the doors and hallways are showing their age.

The rooms are comfortable. I would like to see larger TVs for the size of the room, nicer carpeting (just looks skeevy), updated closet doors and more TV channels.. On the up side the heating works nicely and the bathrooms are bright.

I was catching up on work the first night so planned on heading to the steak house for a glass or 2 of wine and a light meal. Sadly it was the Dine Downtown week in Buffalo so other than 2 cramped tables next to the lounge singer I was out of luck. I opted to return to my room and order room service (from the steak house). I was horribly disappointed in my food (baked potato was cold and obviously cooked hours previously, salmon was oily, salad was lacking). i know it's a crap shoot ordering from room service but I was expecting better considering the reviews the restaurant has gotten. I would recommend the Bacchus Wine Bar and Restaurant 1 block up and 1 block over (cut through the parking garage if it's raining like tonight). Lovely meal and much less than my room service.

Parking is valet or surface lot/parking garage. The first night I used the surface lot across the street. I had a nasty run in with the attendant the following AM. It has nothing to do with the Hyatt but my recommendation is just valet (that use the surface lot) or the garage just across the street.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel was well located in town and the staff did all to make for a wonderful stay. The hotel staff person that I worked with, Jane Cavanaugh, was the best. She made preparations for our group so easy. I was treated to a massage--oh, my--it was excellent. I would suggest staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of one of the great old buildings
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Menu is very limited and never changes. Service is painfully slow . Don't go for lunch with business colleagues and expect to get in/out in an hour, it won't happen unless you only order drinks.

Food prep is unreliable, one time an order will be done, next time over/undercooked .

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We only spent one night at this hotel but it was comfortable and convenient.The event we attended was held at the hotel and was excellent. They certainly had plenty of employees around asking if you need anything. My only complaint with hotels of this level is that they do not offer breakfast and coffee in the morning included in the rate. I would have loved just a cup of coffee. In room coffee makers never have enough cream & sugar so that is my only complaint. I frequent B&B's though and enjoy having food and drink available for no additional charge. I would not hesitate to stay here again though as it was a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KimS963
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful service, convenient location close to the train, good food, nice gym and lobby. The rooms are nice sized if oddly shaped. They are perfectly fine but could use a bit of paint and sprucing up.

• Stayed: October 2012