“outdated”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Rochester
“outdated”
Reviewed October 4, 2007

When you book at a Hyatt you expect to get a really fancy place - this was just average. The lobby and main floor were very nice but when you got to the rooms - need a lot of updating. Carpet in room was dirty, candy wrapper behind night table, lamp shade had dirt on it, room itself was old looking. Small bathroom. Very cheap Kleenex - fell apart as you used. Instead of a coffeee maker had a one cup maker with enough pods for 3 cups of coffee with only 2 paper cups. For a Hayatt you'd expect china cups/mugs. Expect a lot more for the price we paid. There is no valet parking - have to cross the street and walk a little ways to get to parking garage, $6 per time or $12 for in and out privileges.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank DNS27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Niagara on the Lake
Reviewed September 26, 2007

I reserved a room for one night through Priceline before checking out the Hyatt on tripadvisor. I think if I had I wouldn't have bothered booking. We read a lot of awful reviews and were therefore very nervous when we arrived. We found the front desk staff courteous and efficient and the room was clean and in good shape. The only downside was no parking on the premises. I don't know if they have cleaned up their act or that we lucked out but we were very happy ( especially with the price that we payed on Priceline)

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — no parking
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Hotel has NO valet parking. Rooms need renovation. Staff very nice. Restaurant supposedly 6th best steak house in USA. I doubt that.

Remember NO valet parking and parking is OFF SITE.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank MrWonderfulToronto
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed September 10, 2007

Easily the best hotel I've stayed in in Buffalo (the other two are the Millenium Airport and the Hilton Garden Inn). The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the room service (particularly the steaks) are fantastic. Perfect for the business traveler with an expense account.

• Stayed August 2007
WASHINGTION
Reviewed September 3, 2007

The beds in this hotel room are awful, there is mold in the bathrooms and over all cleanliness is horrible. definately not worth $125 to $115 a night. I did complain and was switched to another room that was not any better. I had some friends that stayed there as well. They actually moved to a different hotel and were over charged by a great deal...never again will i stay at a Hyatt.

• Liked — I didn't
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gwtwtlb
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 23, 2007

OK- this was not the best hotel. If you can stay across the street at the Hampton they have much newer and nicer rooms. Check in was a disaster- very unorganzied. Walked up to my room and the keys did not work. Finally got into the room and it was very out dated. Terrible bedding and the carpet smelled bad.
No parking at the Hotel. And with the weather in buffalo you do not want to walk to far to get to your car
One plus is the steak house is good.
I hear they will renovate soon- until they do I will be staying elsewhere.

• Liked — The Steak house
  • Disliked — Everything but the Steak house
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank nicole v
New York
Reviewed August 20, 2007

I had to stay at this hotel while on business for 3 weeks and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I am just one of the many people that came to this hotel in my group that had a list of complaints. To start, when we checked in, I had made reservations for a room with a king bed and advised them that my flight would not come in until 3 pm or so. They stated that they room would be ready and that there should not be any problems. This was a different story once I arrived. Upon check-in, which was around 4 or 5 p.m. since the flight was delayed, I was told that my room was not ready yet. I was told that it might take another 10 minutes or so and they offered me complimentary vouchers for house wine. Luckily I flew in with another co-worker so that I was able to hang out in her room for a while. After about 30 minutes, I called back and they stated that the room was not ready yet but that they were working on getting me another room. My friend and I decided o go out to eat and come back. When I came back about an hour later, the room was finally ready and I moved my things from my friend’s room to my room. However, my room was a room with two double beds not a king.

Also my friend reserved a room with double beds and she recieved a TINY room with a queen sized bed. We had to bring that to the front desk’s attention as well. They changed her room to one with a double bed but it smelled HORRIBLE!! It smelled like a rancid refridgerator that was left in vacant house for years. They came and shampooed the rugs, cleaned the drapes and provided an air neutralizer.

The next problem that I noticed was that the room was not as clean as I expected for a Hyatt. Some of the days I was left without any toiletries and without face towels. One day I came backto the room and I was left without any hand towels, soap, or washcloths. I called housekeeping and they said that someone would bring them up right away. After 30 minutes, I called again. Housekeeping stated that the person on duty was on break and she was trying to catch up with the calls that came in but that she was on her way. After another 35 minutes, she finally showed up with one wash cloth and a couple hand towels.

To finish off my experience, I ended up with little bites on my hands and arms. At first I thought I was having some sort of allergic reaction to something, but one day when I woke up and checked my bed, I found a little black bug crawling on the sheets. Point of the story is, stay somewhere else!!!

• Liked — Not Much
  • Disliked — Where could I Start...
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lilstu