Adam's Mark Buffalo
$140
BestWestern.com
$159
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Downtown(Buffalo)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Restaurant
$169
$170
1,874 results
All reviewsharbor bistrobar tenderfront desk staffwingshotel barniagara fallshockey gamedowntown areabartendermichaelny
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My husband and I decided to surprise our little girl with a mini-trip on a Sunday to the Adam's Mark in Buffalo. We planned on renting a movie, having some snacks, and spending some time cuddling and spending time with her. Upon check in, while I was being told there was a daily fee of $10 for parking which would not be validated, there was water dripping on my head! Yes, seriously. We had encountered some rain that day, so I decided to just let it go. We got to our room and was surprised to find that it looked rather shabby. My daughter and I went for ice. No ice on our floor. No ice on the floor beneath us. Two floors after that, we had success. My husband went to get me a glass of Chardonnay from the bar. At least that is what he told me he ordered. It was, undoubtedly, the worst glass of wine I have ever tasted - like straight out of a box. I decided on a Diet Pepsi instead and we started our movie for $13.99. The TV was old, but I was OK with that, and just wanted to enjoy a movie with my family. That was not happening that night. The TV was inaudible. We had trouble reaching the front desk on our phone - actually had to have the BAR transfer us! We were told it was a loose cable and that they would send a maintenance engineer to fix it. He arrived twenty minutes later. He was pleasant enough, but told us that it was "the system" and offered no apology at this point, just picked up our phone, called someone (not sure how HE got the front desk) and asked them to take it off our bill. So much for a movie. We decided to go to bed early. As if the experience wasn't bad enough - we heard it starting to rain. Not just outside but IN OUR ROOM. At this point, my daughter was asleep, so we turned over and went to bed, very unhappy with our experience. This was very different from our previous stays at this hotel. I had heard the hotel was changing ownership - hopefully that will bring some much needed renovations!

2  Thank WNYTravelers
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Despite the negative reviews, we took a chance on the Buffalo Adam's Mark because it was close to the Lake Erie waterfront, where we took sailing lessons. When walking in the back door from the parking garage, I was afraid that I'd made an awful mistake (we went through the empty ballrooms and into a not-so-nice elevator, then walked the monochromatic hallway to our room). Some of the doors are scuffed up, too. We approached our room with a sense of dread. We weren't crazy about the $10/day parking fee, but the weekday room rate was great and still better than other area hotels that were not as convenient.
However, once we got to our room we were thrilled. The room was sparkling clean and very pretty. The carpet was not new, but it was also clean. The beds were among the most comfortable we've ever slept in, with down comforters that were as thick as the old-time feather beds. And wonderful pillows! The staff was friendly, the lobby was beautiful, food was available almost any time of day. We loved our stay and plan to stay there again when we return to Buffalo.
I agree that problems with food or billing can dampen one's enthusiasm for any hotel, and thankfully we did not encounter any on our visit. Our main concern is a comfortable stay, though, and we certainly found it here. If you are looking for a nice hotel near the waterfront in Buffalo, this place fits the bill.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PopStop
Reviewed August 13, 2009

It first started when we were promised a shuttle bus. Guess what, it doesn't shuttle on the weekends! During the week you fools we are in our meetings, we needed it DURING the weekend.
The people at the counter when checking in, asked for a credit card to keep on file, even though our room was paid for. They put a hold on our debit/credit bank card for over $1100. WTH!!! Even the bank could not believe that amount. Most people do not keep that amount of money in their checking account, so we had $150 worth of overdrafts charged to us. Thank God the bank believed that we were not responsible for the room and gave us back our money. I wonder how many other people this happened to??
The food? OMG slimmy buffalo chicken wings, $6 for a glass of house wine that was terrible, McDonalds type bacon that is precooked and microwaved to heat, eggs that are delivered in a large plastic bag and poured in containers that already have the mixture in it. Do they ever empty, wash, and start over with a clean container?? Coffee that tasted like the grounds were reused over and over. This is just a few of the items, just imagine the rest.
The rooms? A closet that is no wider than 3 feet you have to share with the iron on the wall and the ironing board. Not much room for anything else. The beds WERE VERY COMFORTABLE!!!! I did sleep well the whole time I was there. The view of the river would have been nice if the windows were clean to look out of. The rugs in the room had a strange feel to them in bare feet, make sure you wear socks or slippers at all times. The noise from the road was unbelievably loud. The hallways were filthy with stains. During our stay they decided to clean them and did it stink afterwards.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank supee1117
Reviewed August 13, 2009

It's a huge hotel with an indoor parking, pool, sauna, training room. Parking is NOT included so it's an extra $10 or $12. We had no fridge but we didn't ask for one. There is also no free breakfast. It's about a 10 minute walk from the HSBC arena. However there is nothing else to do around the hotel.

It's a okay choice but I personally believe that the rates are a bit too high for what you get in exchange. I would definitely go back if I get a lower rate next time.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Curt67
Reviewed August 8, 2009

My wife and I recently spent one night here while in town. Certainly not one of the nicer hotels we have stayed at, but overall a decent stay, nice location to the waterfront and in cheap cab ride distance from the Buffalo nightlife. This massive hotel has seen its better days, but might stay here again if we got a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple