“A miserable dump.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
PA
“A miserable dump.”
Reviewed June 26, 2009

The Hyatt was sold out so I ended up at this miserable dump. Upon arrival, the first room I was given had filthy brown-streaked carpet and a nasty odor. I requested a different room. The next room was also a dump but smelled slightly better. I later found dried caked-on feces on the bathroom floor and mold behind the curtains - absolutely disgusting. The fitness center was open on my first night there - lots of old second-rate broken down equipment, but the exercise bike worked. My husband went to use the fitness center on my second night and there was some sort of painting/renovation going on. I asked one staff member if he could still use the equipment - she pretended not to hear me. The next person I asked provided a rude nasty response - "What do you think?!" Parking: You have to go through a gate to get in and out of the parking area - the gate is activated by a key card. My key card never worked and the 'attendant' was never there. This meant being trapped in the parking area with cars honking behind me until someone came to open the gate - fun times. Stay at the Adam's Mark if you enjoy a filthy smelly room and rude incompetent staff.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ctenanthe
pverrall, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, July 2, 2009
Dear Guest,
Certainly the accommodations and service you experienced were absolutely unacceptable. I noticed your date of stay was from April 2009. I am happy to announce that we have a new state of the art exercise room equipped with brand new equipment, four bikes, two cross trainers, five treadmills and other equipment. I am sorry your timing was during this renovation. Please contact me directly to assist in regaining your trust and goodwill.
Patrice Verrall – Rms Manager 716-845-5100 or pverrall@adamsmark.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
new york city
Reviewed June 12, 2009

It’s the hospitality coupled with an array of amenities and located in downtown buffalo which is why i opt to stay at this hotel. The staff makes you feel like family; great bar & restaurant and fitness center.... business class service is a-one; this hotel also has a huge banquet center that always seems to have interesting guests and conventions.

I have seen great improvements and upgrades over the last couple of years.

Clean rooms, friendly and attentive staff.

As a frequent traveler to buffalo; this is where I chose to stay --- they will take care of you!

Zelienople
Reviewed June 8, 2009

When checking in at Adam's Mark, the Guest Services Supervisor, Todd Hoeltke, discovered that my attempt to reserve a room with an on line reservation service had not been successful and that I did not have a reservation. He not only corrected the problem and was able to get me a room but also located me later that day in the restaurant to advise me he that he was able to get a lower rate than what I had expected when I previously attempted to make the reservation.. I felt he went over and above his job duties to make a guest happy and offer great service. The hotel was very nice and I will stay with them again.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Having recently stayed at this hotel I highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Buffalo NY. The staff were fantastic to work with and Edwin Santiago, the head of reservations, was a real gem. Checking to make sure we were taken care of and that everything was alright. I am planning another trip to Buffalo in August and plan to stay at the Adams Mark.

Mike Runyan
Des Moines, Iowa 50316

• Stayed May 2009
pverrall, Rooms Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, June 8, 2009
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words about our staff. Thank you for chosing the Adams Mark Buffalo and we look forward to your future visit.
Patrice Verrall
Ontario
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I booked the Adam's Mark through bookingbuddy.com, and based my decision on the 3-star rating it was given. Needless to say, I was terribly unimpressed by the this run down 1970's vintage hotel.

The parking and food was overpriced, the service was mediocre, the rooms had a funky chemical odor along with dated furniture and bathroom amenities. The Internet was touch and go at best, and the television options were pretty minimalist. Compared the 3-star Double Tree which I've stayed at in Buffalo, the Adam's Mark is a dive.

Avoid this place at all costs.

Toronto
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I had a wonderful stay and I was treated very nicely by all employees. Edwin Santiago was very helpful to me and all of my questions were answered kindly and accurately by him.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
pverrall, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, June 8, 2009
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Adams Mark Buffalo, we appreciate your kind words.
Patrice Verrall - Rooms Div. Manager
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed May 30, 2009

I must say that I have been through many a hotel, however, the service that I received from Katie Whalen was very much above and beyond. I forgot to go to the ATM and the machine in the hotel was down. Needless to say, I was not happy. Katie offered SOLUTIONS and I was rather pleased with them. She also ensured that I had a smooth valet of my vehicle. KUDOS TO HER!!!!! She makes me want to make this my destination of choice!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business