“I Love The Great Service!!!!!”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 30, 2009

I must say that I have been through many a hotel, however, the service that I received from Katie Whalen was very much above and beyond. I forgot to go to the ATM and the machine in the hotel was down. Needless to say, I was not happy. Katie offered SOLUTIONS and I was rather pleased with them. She also ensured that I had a smooth valet of my vehicle. KUDOS TO HER!!!!! She makes me want to make this my destination of choice!!!!!

1  Thank ReeReeRee

Reviewed May 28, 2009

Three day stay. Yuck. Old, Smelly, Rundown Hotel. 1) Internet was not working the whole time I was there. Told everyday it would be working in the evening when we got back. Never was. 2) Left my blood pressure cuff, iPod and headset in the room by accident when I checked out (I know, dumb move), called them that day. Said they would look in Lost and Found. No return call. Called again. They couldn’t find anything. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I stayed here May 13-15th and had the worst experience ever and I travel often. This was for a conference with a state exam on Saturday morning. The 1st night i put in a wake up call for 6am and never received it when I woke up at 6:30am I called the front desk and was told I'm sorry. the second day I put in an order for dinner at 4pm for pick up at 5pm, when I showed up at 5pm the order hadn't been put in again I was told i'm sorry (Linda). The 3rd night I put in another order for dinner at 5pm for pick up at 6pm with a totally person (Sarah) when I showed up again I was told she forgot to put my order in and again I got an i'm sorry. I did this so I could eat in my room and study for my exam. I also couldn't believe that when I made my reservations no one disclosed that there would be a separate charge for parking. when I found that out I couldn't believe it and said so, guess what I was told i'm sorry. On this subject I was told you don't own the parking garage, I would suggest you either disclose this information or raise your rooms by $ 10 and work it out with the garage to pay them. The room keys deactivated every day i was there. the first day my roommate couldn't get in and a women in the hallway who had a master key let her in the room without checking that she belonged in the room or asking for any type of id - she was not even listed as being in my room!!!!! However when I went down to exchange the keys I was asked for id and i told them i didn't have my purse it was in the room so they had security meet me at the room to verify it was my room and when i got there he didn't even ask me for id and when i asked him if he wanted to see it he said no its ok.... i couldn't believe this, 2 employees let people in rooms without verifying they belonged there. I was disappointed to find no safe in the room and had to carry my ipod and camera in my purse with me the entire time. now to the room itself, there was mold on the tiles in the shower ( a little bleach mixed with water in a spray bottle is a suggestion to get rid of this. i only had one bar of soap so had to ask for a second one for the shower. my coffee pot was not cleaned the entire time I was there, i had to clean it myself and you could tell it was used as i moved it from the bathroom to the desk. the first morning i wasn't even left addtional coffee or cups again i had to ask for them. I also had to ask for tolet paper which i thought was comical since there is a place for 2 rolls, one was empty and the other had very little on it. Lastly, there was a stain inbetween the bed and the window that looked like urine. Needless to say i wasn't happy and will not be recommending this hotel to my family or friends.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
pverrall, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2009

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry for the situations that you encountered during your stay with us. I would very much appreciate it if you would contact me either via email or phone so that I may take immediate corrective action and take the steps that are necessary to regain your trust and goodwill. Sincerely, Patrice Verrall, pverrall@adamsmark.com, 716-845-5100 ext. 7077

Reviewed May 9, 2009

We stayed there with a school team. The room was filthy! I had what I can only guess to be toilet water dripping from the ceiling in the bathroom and there were dark rust stains on the blow dryer which I was afraid to plug in due to dripping water. The coffee maker was covered in a thick layer of dust. I would definately not stay there again, in fact I was supposed to stay another night and checked out first thing in the morning.
When I mentioned this to the front desk I was still charged the full rate. Very dissappointing!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Unfortunately I believe you were placed in a room that just had a new shower valve installed. I am very sorry for this inconvenience. Please contact me directly for the proper action that must be taken from your stay. Sincerely, Patrice Verrall. pverrall@adamsmark.com or 716-845-5100 ext 7077

Reviewed May 7, 2009

I was not impressed at all with the Adams Mark Buffalo which bills itself as a luxury hotel. The bathroom was not cleaned -there was grit on the floor, hair on the ice bucket, light switches and bathroom door were very dirty. The furniture in the room was extremely worn out and dated. The bedding was newer but sparse.

Climate control was poor - the unit only blew out cold air regardless of the setting. I ended up pulling the blankets off the extra bed to stay warm. The room I was in on the second floor had a beautiful view of a wall but at least it was private.

The hotel was very understaffed for the large event being held there. My room was never cleaned before 4:30 pm. Check in lines were long with only two people working the desk. Although I didn't request any special items, everything seemed to be a $10 extra charge (microwave, fridge, rollaway).

The voice mail in the hotel was "down". I needed to leave a message for another guest and was told I could leave it at the desk for them to pick up. I had to point out that there was no way the guest would know there was a message until they checked out. I asked the message to be delivered to the room which it apparently was.

Common areas and meeting rooms were spacious. Service in the bar was poor. There was only table service occasionally. Drinks had to be purchased at the bar. Staff seemed overworked and not over friendly. The breakfast buffet was very average and somewhat expensive ($14). Buffet lunch was more reasonable. Nothing I ate in the hotel was piping hot or even hot. Others I was with noticed the same thing.

All in all I was not impressed at all with the Adams Mark.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to report your stay. We always take our guest comments seriously and appreciate all feedback. We have many updates happening and if you have a reason to return to Buffalo, please consider contacting me directly so that I may personally take care of your accommodations. Sincerely, Patrice Verrall, pverrall@adamsmark.com.

Reviewed May 3, 2009

This hotel is in a word: dirty. The public areas are ok, but my room was about the dirtiest I could imagine for a hotel of this nature - catering to conventions and tour groups. Every surface was sticky - even the hangers in the closet. In a new travel first, I had to wipe the hangers down before hanging my clothes. The carpet was just disgusting - scarred, nearly every inch covered with some form of stain. There were substances on the walls, dust on the dresser, nighttable and clock, curtains the color of lint. I won't detail the amount of hair in the shower for the faint of heart. The bed only had one of those nasty velour blankets, encased in top and bottom sheet (thankfully). I froze the first night. Miraculously, on the second day housekeeping added a duvet over the velour blanket - someone told me the hotel had been short on duvets - so I guess I had to wait for someone to check out for proper blankets! The floor I was on always smelled smokey when I exited the elevator, but it was a nonsmoking floor and several floors higher than the smoking floors. While the check-in people at the front desk were friendly, this was the only positive in a dismal experience. If not for the meeting I was attending in the hotel, I would have left after night one. This hotel needs a TOTAL makeover (or implosion). They couldn't possibly price this hotel low enough for me to return - if you have any personal standards for cleanliness, avoid this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Though the traditional costumed red-uniformed hosts calling cabs and opening doors would belie a fancy,elegant central business district institution, the Adam's Mark is a more casual and less official type of hotel. It is on the outer edges of downtown Buffalo (take a walk around downtown to sample the outstanding architecture of center city, the light rail Buffalo service is 4 blocks away, near HSBC hockey arena, Dunn Tire ballpark among other venues) right by the I-190 elevated highway (which you can hear all hours in rooms on both sides of the hotel). The main restaurant, Deco is actually a rather informal sports bar in atrium eatery with an interior section slightly more intimate for more elegant dining. Notice a # of things; there seem to be smokers camped out at all exits (in parking garage, exterior exits to a greater extent such that it is remarkable; also note there is a $30 charge for extending stay beyond noon checkout if you were planning to do that. Extensive ballroom and meeting facilities lead you to think this is the place to stay for formal gatherings in Buffalo. A rather sizable pool, up to 3.5' depth, I would say 15 yards x 10 yards wide is placed on the 3rd level on the way to the conference center . No real panorama for viewing Lake Erie and Buffalo exist outside of individual rooms on the upper levels. Adjacent parking in an older, somewhat frayed parking garage just below the ballroom ($10/day parking). We had a dance competition running over a weekend so the sounds of tapping, hip hopping, ballet and the excitement emanated all over the hotel during our stay. Small gift shop in the lobby with various sundry and present items. All in all not a 4 star location but enough for a basic stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family