“Hope you don't like water pressure in shower...”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Hope you don't like water pressure in shower...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Experience has been average from the start. We needed an early check in, so we called a week in advance (as well as the night before) and informed the staff. Although when we arrived at 7am, no room was available. Jason was a gem and did what seemed like his absolute best to get as a room as fast as possible. (He said a room needed to be cleaned for us and maids arrive at 9 am, we got a room at 11am.) The room is not the cleanest - black mold on shower soap holder, dirty windows, dusty air vents, visible stains on comforter. Bed was fairly comfortable but with flat and lumpy pillows; but for the quick stay we needed (at the right price,) it was fine. All in all, you get what you pay for.... for the luxury and comforts we're usually used to, I would stay else where next time.

Room Tip: Rooms right off the elevator face a brick wall that is quiet. If coming as a couple maybe get a kin...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oshawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel was one of the worst we have stayed in. The air did not work right, handles were broken, the food in the banquets was the worst we have ever had. Every where you looked this hotel was in disrepair and dirty. The only good thing I can says was Dennis the Bar man was great to deal with, and Dwayne in the restaurant .
My advise is find somewhere else to stay.

1 Thank NOEL B
Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

The rooms in this hotel are not good. Our room had black mold on the soap dispenser in the bathroom. I dug off the mold and cleaned it myself. I tried to talk to the house cleaning staff but none of them could talk or understand english and that was sad.I also had to call about the AC 3 times and had to set it as low as it would go to get it to cool enough which was not enough. The widows are filthy and we had a fire alarm and had to go down 8 flight of stairs. There was cigerette butts all over the steps and the windows were broken out in the stairway and glass all over. The back side of the hotel looks like it needs to be demolished and the parking structure was partly closed all the time I was there. This hotel was and is in much need of maintaince. I ask about why one of the 4 elevators did not work and was told it was shut down to save money. If you look you can also see that there is very little mantaince as well. The first thing a company does to save money to cut in maintaince. I wll never stay in this brand again.

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I have been traveling for business for over 20 years and this is the worst hotel I have been in. The room was not clean, the windows were filthy, the dresser was an antique with handles missing. Our room had a refrigerator, but my colleagues did not. The air conditioning did not work properly. I had it set at 62, the temperature read 68 but it could not have been because I slept without covers and my pillow was wet with sweat in the morning. The bartender Joe was good, and Dwayne the breakfast server was great.

Stayed June 2014
Duncan, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Because of business, I have stayed at the Adam's Mark over 150 nights since February 2013. Staying away from home that much is difficult unless you experience a friendly atmosphere in the hotels you stay in. I can say that the overall staff at this hotel has made my stays as comfortable and enjoyable as possible for being away that much. Much thanks to everyone but especially to Ryan, Joe, and John at the bar, Evelyn, Janice, Dwayne, and Sue at breakfast, and Vicki at the front desk. All of these people made me feel at home and helped in many ways. A thank you to the housekeeping staff on the 8th and 9th floors for doing a great job. I wish I could name everyone that has been so nice over the last year. The only suggestion is to make sure all of the elevators are operational during the peak check in and check out times especially when the tour groups are there.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was my second year going to the youth convention at this fine establishment. I believe that it haimproved since my first stay. And the decor in this place is quite stunning can't wait till next year.

• Stayed February 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at the Adam's Mark during the May long-weekend. Check-in was a breeze with Ryan at the front desk. He was very efficient, knowledgeable, and friendly. Unfortunately, the key to our room wouldn't work. We got new keys and still no luck. Security was sent up and still no go. We ended up being moved to a different room. This was easy since security had the key to the new room already for us when he came to check out the original door. The room was a little outdated but clean and well maintained. Housekeeping staff were very attentive. The pool was lovely but lacked towels. We called the front desk and had to wait 20 minutes to have maintenance bring fresh towels to the pool area. The staff were great, as they always are! We ate in the restaurant several times throughout our stay. The food is good and the pricing is fair. Service could be a bit quicker but keep in mind it is a large hotel and can sometimes it can get a little overwhelming for the staff. I stay at the Adam's Mark once a year and will continue to do so.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business