“Not so bad”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, Ontario, Canada
“Not so bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We recently stayed with the "play ball" package to see the Buffalo Bisons. We were hesitant about staying after reading the reviews, but were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is in close proximity of the stadium, it included tickets to the game and parking. The room was clean and comfortable. The only issue was the noise from the highway and our toliet kept running and/or flushing.

Room Tip: Try to get on the 9th floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying thank you very much for noticing all the hard work our staff has been doing to make sure each of our guest have a great experience. This hotel has put substantial investments in our guestrooms and common areas over the past few years. Along with our newly themed Restaurant the "Harbor Bistro and Bar" which complements our new menu. Please be assured we will share your comments with our full management team and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This Hotel is absolutely beautiful. It is a landmark of Buffalo, NY.

Stunning entrance with waterspouts. Beautiful grand lobby.

I was extremely pleased that hotel parking was available, considering this was downtown.

Check in was easy and friendly.

The room was very clean and comfortable. I was happy the room had High Definition Television. Plenty of storage space too.

I didn't have time to use the spa, pool, or fitness area. I'll bet they are top class too.

Next time I'm in Buffalo, this will be my first place of choice.

Room Tip: I was in room 536. Pull back the curtains, and behold the Buffalo skyline in all its glory! You...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have stayed here before so I thought it would be fine, but I didn't enjoy it. Paid parking, we were given two beds when we asked for a king. The shower heads are extremely low, they look like they are for very, very short people. The hotel was extremely loud. There was nobody around that would tell anyone to keep the noise level down. It went on all night. I will not stay again.

1 Thank ZayM
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to start by saying we are truly sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. Our team of managers work hard every day to make sure that our guests needs are taken care of and that our team continues to improve for future guests. Your comments will be shared at our next service meeting, to ensure that your future stays or future guest have a better experience. We are surprised to hear about your concern about paying for our connected parking as most hotels in the city do not have their own parking available to their guests. We will look into all of your specific concerns and rectify them. Please feel assured your next stay with us will be better.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Adam's Mark for three nights during a recent visit for a wedding. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was comfortable and clean, and it was in a convenient location for our excursions. Some of the furnishings in the lobby and restaurant area seemed a bit worn and/or dated, but it wasn't remarkably so. The room's furnishings seemed fairly new, with the exception of the bathroom, which seemed a bit "patched up" as my wife put it.

The restaurant and bar had a good selection of food and drinks at reasonable prices. Get the Broke Egg sandwich if you're looking for a hearty breakfast. It was delicious.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying thank you very much for noticing all the hard work our staff has been doing to make sure each of our guest have a great experience. This hotel has put substantial investments in our guestrooms and common areas over the past few years. Our rooms have new beds, new carpets and wall covering. Along with our newly themed Restaurant the "Harbor Bar and Bistro" which complements our new menu. Please be assured we will share your comments with our full management team and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay with us.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I always thought that reviewers who used adjectives such as "disgusting" were a sensitive bunch, but the Adams Mark Hotel taught me otherwise.
The system was down so they used ID to check in the guests and this was done speedily though not cheerfully.
The carpet in my room was an unrecognizable color but we just kept our shoes on. Manageable, I thought, till I spotted the crumpled white stain on the bed cover. Had to be liquid glue or OMG!!!
Worse was yet to come... I popped the coffee maker open in the morning to the sight of a used greenish coffee bag used by the earlier person, which went uncleaned since who knows when.
With issues like these to talk of, I would ignore the thin towels and stained windows but seriously, who knew, you could not hire good help in Buffalo these days.
One more thing - the mattresses - these are so poor that you could feel the springs with your limbs.
Shame on you Adams Mark. I would never stay here even if you paid me to do it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Samson T
Dear Valued Guest,

Unfortunately the hotel did have a computer failure and we are very sorry how it affected your stay. Our server failed and the back up system that we had did not come up as fast as we would have liked. I can assure you and future guests that this issue has been rectified and is no longer an issue. We have made substantial investments in upgrading the back-up system. We are truly sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. As to your other comments, this hotel has put substantial investments in our guestrooms and common areas over the past few years. Our rooms have new beds, new carpets and wall covering. Along with a newly themed Restaurant "Harbor Bar and Bistro" which complements the new menu. Be assured all your comments will be shared with our entire staff to ensure that your future stays or future guest have a better experience.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my grup of turists visiting the Niagara Falls. The location of the hotel is great, rooms were clean, large size pool, amenites are exellent, staff helpful.
I will stay in this hotel again and recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dariusz M
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. The staff at the Adams Mark Hotel takes a great deal of pride in providing quality service. I will be sure to pass along your comments. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel was awful. The pictures online are very deceiving. It looks like someone bought this hotel (or had it built) 20 years ago, and it was nice then, but it is horrible now. Clearly no one has spent any money on the hotel in years.

The girl at the check in counter was rude and condescending. I paid for a parking pass, which she did not give us. When my mom went back to the counter and asked for the pass, the employee was rude and insisted that she gave it to us (which she did not).

We ordered a microwave and refrigerator in our room, both of which were not in the room when we arrived so we had to wait 45 minutes for them to be delivered.

The room was absolutely repulsive. As soon as we walked in the room, I immediately noticed to my left that there was a sticker on the wall (like a sticker from an apple or banana) that was left there. There was makeup on the wall. Additionally, there was a clump of hair on the floor (that was jet black and clearly neither of ours). There was also unidentified hair on a towel and the bathroom floor.

I would NOT come back here again. I would NOT recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, this place is horrible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Abby H
I am very sorry to learn of your experience during check in and the condition of your guestroom. We value our guest feedback and take your comments very seriously as this provides us the opportunity to review our operations in order to make improvements for all future guest. I will be addressing the issues you experienced with our Front Office staff as well as the Housekeeping Department. Thank you for your feedback