“What a staff!!!”

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Good day.

I'm currently staying in your Buffalo, NY property and I've just finished lunch - Buffalo chicken fingers - and they were excellent.

However, what I'd really like to comment on is how fantastic your employees are. From Justin, your bartender, to the staff in the bar to even your desk staff out front, everyone was excellent. The single representative of your hotel that really stood out was Sue Imiola. She never slowed down and seemed to be everywhere at once. I watched her conducting an interview one minute and backing up her other employees the next. She had a smile and a good word for everyone she connected with. Her smile was infectious and her love for her job was absolutely apparent.

If everyone that worked for Adams Mark had her passion you would never have another issue. I stay at a LOT of hotels in my job and it's just a pleasure to stay when I feel comfortable and welcome. Great job. I will be happy to stay here again.

1  Thank Bruce F

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have never felt compelled to post anything on trip advisor, although I have been reading reviews on here for years. I don't travel as frequently as some people so when I do, I want a high caliber of service and value. That is exactly what I found at the Adam's Mark. My first stay was in January of 2013. I had to brave the Buffalo cold, which coincidentally it was warmer in Buffalo than it was back home in NYC the 2 nights I was out of town. I booked my room through Priceline and based on the reviews I was a bit scared to be placed at Adam's Mark, but since I booked the name your own price option, I had no choice to cancel or change hotels so i figured i would give them a fair shot. I was greeted by a welcoming desk staff who were very friendly and knowledgable about the area. They gave me a standard room with two double beds. All the expected things were in the room, flat screen tv was a nice surprise. The housekeeper, who's name I can't remember, but was very nice, told me they recently put them in every room. The room was clean and nice, the bed was great, so comfortable. The next day I was out and about town. Ate a great restaurant for lunch named Chef's. then back to the hotel for relaxation before dinner. I wanted to head out for dinner and the desk had great recommendations. The way they spoke about the restaurant in the hotel made me want to eat there but I have a firm rule about never eating in hotel restaurants. After dinner I got back for another great night of sleep before heading out early back to the city by train. There is a train station just a few minutes from the hotel. The second time I stayed I called the hotel to book. I spoke with a very friendly person named zack who was able to me some money off the room. The second time I stayed, I was given an upgrade to the executive level for free! The same high quality service was given to me at the front desk. The executive room was very nice, and just as clean as my first stay. Once again, the Adam's Mark delivered a great stay. Every time I need to go to Buffalo they are going to be my go to hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments and I will pass on to every department the exemplary service you encountered. We are excited to see you on your return to Buffalo.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband & I stayed at the Adam's Mark for one night in June. We had attended a wedding at Templeton Landing and we took advantage of a wedding block at the Adam's Mark. The hotel was within walking distance of the reception site as well as Pearl Street Bar & Grill, which we went to for the wedding "after party". The outside fountains and the lobby were both very welcoming and they give the hotel a good first impression. The wedding block included executive level rooms & ours was certainly nice. It was located on the 9th floor with views of downtown Buffalo and the fountains below. The windows open from the top and we enjoyed listening to the fountains through the open windows while enjoying our coffee in the morning. Overall, the room was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and even though we were given an accessible room that we had not requested, we were just fine with the large, walk-in shower with a bench.

My husband was present at check-in & he stated that the front desk staff apologized repeatedly for placing us in an accessible room. It truly wasn't an issue for us, but we appreciated that the staff felt the need to apologize for their mistake at BOTH check-in AND check-out. We did not use any of the services at the hotel, but we did note that room service was very reasonably priced. However, we did not feel that the room itself was reasonably priced. Even with the wedding block, we paid $183 for ONE night. I grew up in Buffalo & know the city very well ... with the exception of Pearl Street, the hotel is not within a safe walking distance of most of the bars and/or attractions that people would want to experience in Buffalo. With construction going on in the surrounding area, it is not easily accessible to the highway for a tourist, even though the highway can be seen (& heard according to other reviews) from the hotel. While the room was nice & the amenities seemed nice as well, I do not feel that the room was worth the money paid, nor would I pay that amount of money again. There was nothing special that set this room apart from other hotels in the area that are more centrally located to bars/restaurants/attractions and there was zero counter space in the bathroom, making it quite challenging to get ready in the morning. Perhaps that was due to the fact that the room is handicap accessible, but I found the lack of counter space to be more of an issue than a walk-in shower with nothing other than a curtain keeping the water from spilling across half of the bathroom. If you're able to get a good deal in price, then I certainly would recommend an executive room. I cannot comment on the condition of the standard rooms as I do not know of anyone who had stayed in one so I cannot determine if it would be worth the stay at the right price. However, I do have to say that we had an overall positive experience, thus the "very good" rating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was in town for the veterans Of Foreign Wars State Convention I came up on a train and I called the hotel to see if they would pick us up from the train station and the state to me we only pick up the pilots from the airport It cost me and my friends well over 500 dollars to stay there we will booked for 2 queens sizes bed and they where doubles we had to hunt the housekeepers down to get the towels and wash clothes for the room our ceiling was chipping away and there was buckets in the lobby catching water out of the 7 years I have attended the convention was the worst stay and and If I want to sleep in a dive I would of book at motel 6

Room Tip: not at adams mark
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

It is with great displeasure that I must apologize for the things that happened to you while you stayed with us for your convention. We pride ourselves in servicing great conventions. I am sorry that this was your experience. I will be sure that my guest relations manager follows up on all of your concerns.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Our room faced the lounge area, and thus from the window you can see people having dinner. The columns change color every hour from blue to purple to green so that was unique. The rest of the room had maintenance issues: the safety latch (the two piece brass thingamajig that has a knob and a bar that moves) was not securely screwed to the door, the pipes behind the walls squeaked when someone next door used the bathroom, and the bathroom door was closer to the door jamb below the knob than above the knob. It was such a tight fit, in fact, that some of the paint on the edge of the door was scraped off from the friction.

The best part of the room was that the bathroom was textured on the bottom and had a grab bar on the wall, so that will really help to prevent slipping.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Adam’s Mark. Without delay I will see to it that the maintenance department is fully aware of the situation and they will be prompt to fix any problem you encountered.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our son booked the Adam's Mark for out-of-town guests attending his wedding. Being from out of town, we, for obvious reasons, booked a room. The staff at the desk were not the most pleasant people, and did not know their way around the area, i'e., comment made by one staffer: "I don't drive. I don't know directions." But the worst part of all this, we ordered room service, were told it would take 40 minutes, then, after 50 minutes, called to find out where the food was, told it would take 5 more minutes, and within a couple of minutes, we were called and told that they could NOT get to our order. At that point, we had to get ready and leave for the wedding (an early wedding) and had nothing to eat. Reason for no service, there was a convention in the hotel and they were pressed for time. So, because we were not part of the convention, our needs were not important? THAT IS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Will not be booking at the Adam's Mark for any reason ever again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at the Adams Mark Hotel In Buffalo for a VFW Veterans Of Foreign Wars Convention in June. When I arrived and called the hotel for a ride they told us there was no shuttle service so we waited almost 2 hrs for a cab. When got to hotel and checked in they told us we had no refrigerator in our room which we had requested weeks before for medical reasons, and proceeded to tell us it would cost us $20.00 extra a night for one. Then when got to room we noticed our ceilings wallpaper was peeling we had stained floors, not enough towels for as many people we had registered for room, had double beds instead of queen that was reserved. We had to catch the maid service for towels and wash clothes,cups and coffee and sugar ,they never came once and cleaned the room or asked us if we needed it to be cleaned. Very poor service. The staff at the restaurant was very rude to us to so I would not give this hotel a very good review. I will never return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I apologize that we did not meet your expectation in customer service. As a hotel we pride ourselves in serving our guests in any possible way. Our hotel is committed to complete service in its entirety including making, you, our guest happy. This will be addressed and handled by hotel management.