Adam's Mark Buffalo
$119
Hyatt.com
$156
Hotels.com
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Downtown(Buffalo)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
$169
$170
$159
$189
$161
Hotels.com
1,874 results
All reviewsharbor bistrobar tenderfront desk staffwingshotel barniagara fallshockey gamedowntown areabartendermichaelny
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at the Adams Mark on Jan. 29-30, 2013. I had stayed there in 2011-12 and had an excellent stay. This stay was almost as good. The actual hotel amenities were excellent - the woman at the front desk could not have been nicer. I checked in at about 11:30 PM and was told the hotel bar/restaurant was open and serving until 2 AM. That suited my hungry and thirsty self perfectly, When I checked out the next moning, there was a problem with my room key activating the automatic gate at the parking deck exit. A young woman at the front desk handled that perfectly, and quickly freed me to go home.
There were some hiccups to the stay, however. I was coming over to the hotel after a Buffalo Sabres hockey game. The first man with whom I spoke gave me directions to the hotel which I thought I followed correctly. I ended up on I-190 North to Canada before exiting at the next exit. I called back, and this time a hotel concierge (surprisingly still on duty at 11 PM) had a better knowledge of geography and talked me into the hotel.
The biggest problem had to do with billing. The hotel records had my reservation listed under 'Pay on Own'. When I work for the Buffalo Sabres (the reason for my trip), the Sabres set up my hotel stays on a direct bill. In fairness, I do not know if this mistake belonged to the Sabres or the hotel; regardless, it was frustrating for someone who had driven 3 hours to Buffalo, worked a hockey game for 11 hours, got lost with directions given by a hotel employee, and was quite hungry.
Do not let these last two paragraphs dissuade you from staying at the Buffalo Adams Mark. With the exception of the billing snafu (which may not have been the hotel's fault), NONE of the problems I encountered were the direct fault of anyone or any facility at the hotel. In fact, I called the hotel on Feb. 13th requesting an email duplicate copy of my folio, and a front office executive named Jim handled the request quickly and cheerfully.
I wholeheartedly recommend that anyone staying in downtown Buffalo look into the Adams Mark Hotel for their stay. It is an excellent hotel.

Ed Warren
drfont@aol.com

Room Tip: Call the hotel before your stay to insure your stay is billed to the proper person/organization.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Ed,

My apologies for the billing error and the directions you received. I know the roads in our city can sometime be confusing as the names are very similar. It was my pleasure to personally assist you with your receipt. I am looking forward to your return. We are all excited about the changes happening with the team and are looking forward to a bright future, but will miss our coach very much.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had a great stay - rooms comfortable, beds are the best and I really like the color scheme. This is not my first time here and I always enjoy it when I am in town. I feel compelled to write because I had a problem when I was about to miss my flight because I was not ready when the shuttle I was scheduled for was leaving so I inquired with Pamela at the front desk who spoke with the bellman Gary and they were both so accomodating and went out of their way to ensure I got a ride to the airport. The lobby was very busy and while I was waiting for Gary to bring the shuttle around, I was speaking to a gentleman in the lobby telling him my story and it just happened to be the General Manager who was out talking with the guests. Thank you Adams Mark for being my home away from home in every meaning of the word.

Matthew

Room Tip: every room I have had on the 7th and 9th floor have been great
3  Thank chicagolawguy
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Matthew,

It is our pleasure. Thank you for your kind words and more importantly your business. I am so delighted to hear that Pam and Gary were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to your return to the property. Travel safe.

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Adams Mark for 1 night in a room with 2 double beds

Pros
- Location was ok.
- Gym and pool available

Cons
- Bed head broken
- Analoague TV
- Fixtures and fittings broken or very outdated
- Heater was very noises

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Parmalover
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Valued Customer;

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us your opinion as a consumer is truly valuable. We continue to update and upgrade the hotel. I would recommend asking for the upgraded executive level rooms for the small up charge it is certainly worth it. Including flat screen televisions, IPod docking stations, Microwaves and refrigerators in every room.

I am disappointed to hear about heater being noisy, certainly your rest is our first concern. If we had of know about this issue we certainly made every effort to correct it for you as we have engineers on property 24 hours a day to provide outstanding service. My apologies.

If you have to opportunity to comeback call me and I will personally attend to your complimentary upgrade.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed there this past weekend as I took a flight from Buffalo as opposed to Toronto and thought that I would stay downtown instead of close to the airport.

Area--the downtown sights are all in walking distance but even for a frequent traveler like me, I decided not to go out at night--did not feel safe.

Check in-- the front desk staff did not greet me with a smile and seemed somewhat cool in the conversation. However, the interaction was only for a few minutes so I let that slide. Also, later that night I was trying to find a book of amenities in my room, went back to the front desk, different clerk and she was as aloof as the first person I met!

Room-- a nice one on the 8th floor, facing the city and it was very quiet. Beds comfortable, everything spic and span clean but the only issue was that even though I set the heat to max I was still frozen to death. Thankfully it was just an overnight.

I did dine in the restaurant for breakfast and that will be a separate review.

Check-out was easy and at last I did meet a front desk clerk who smiled and actually asked me how I was doing?! Her pleasant nature actually surprised me. Overall, not a bad experience but I think that front desk staff are the first impression of the organization and should perhaps have a bit of extra training in at least smiling.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city are quiet, the other faces the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TorontoRobDT
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Rob,

Thank you for your feedback, I have reviewed your comments with our staff. I apologize for the impression they gave you it is our goal to WOW our guests at every opportunity. I have used this as a teachable moment and our commitment is to Excellence. I appreciate your business and am looking forward to your return.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed heree last week for a trade show. The staff was wonderfull, and the food was awsome but the hotel in general could use a little sprucing up. Just some tlc and this is an a-1 spot still a very good stay

1  Thank MaritaandBobB
VisionsBuffalo, Owner at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Marita & Bob;

Thank you for your feedback. We love the trade show it makes us all think of spring. Your group was wonderful and a lot of fun for the staff. I appreciate your business and I am looking forward to next year.