WINNER WONDERLAND

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Good location and Good Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed there on November 28th for 1 night
The staff is very polite and check in or out does not take forever.
The food is good at their restaurant and the prices are fair.

Overall this is a good place and would recommend it

Room Tip: My room was on 8th floor, north side (close to elevator), so was a bit noisy (because of the highway...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Daniel,

Happy Holiday and thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review for the hotel. I appreciate your business and looking forward to your return to Buffalo.

Yours In Hospitality

Jim Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel December 8-9, 2012. The purpose of my trip was to watch a Buffalo Bills game that Sunday afternoon.

Overall, it was a reasonably priced place. I'm not sure of the regular rates, but I booked through hotwire and it coated about 100$.

Things I like about the location...
-Less than 5 Minute drive to the Niagra Falls Canadian Border. You take one exit and the border is right there.

-Walking distance to Chilliwack street, which is Buffalo's Bar and Club district. It was pretty cold the weekend I went, ended up taking a cab which ran a faire of $5.00.

-Bar and Restaurant on the premises, with reasonably price food and drinks. Good drink specials in bar.

-Ample room for business meetings, big conference rooms.

Special Note: Saturday night before the Bills game, a lot of the players were staying in the same hotel, either for a meeting or for the night. I thought that was pretty cool.

Things I didn't like:

- The location is conviniently located next to major roadways, but the area is not safe as there are a lot of signs telling you cars are broken into, and they're not always able to prevent them, daytime or nightime. They have a semi-indoor parking lot, with attendant, but still is a bit sketchy.

-We had requested a cotton bedding, fairly early on in the day, but we never received it after being assured we'd get one. We called 4 times before they informed us they're were no cotts left.

- Staff was not too aware of what was going on in the surroundings, we were told if we had questions, to use Google and check it out. It's not the worst answer you can give someone but if you work in a hotel, you should have some idea about what's going on in the area.

That's about it. If you need a place to just sleep before attending a sporting event, this is a good place, but don't expect too much as it's justban average place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your stay with us. We truly are one of the hidden treasures in the downtown area. Our proximity to the entertainment district, the falls and wonderful outlet shopping make the hotel the perfect choice. I appreciate your business and am looking forward to your return. Seasons Greetings to you and your family.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

We originally purchased a groupon offered by the Adam's Mark Hotel Buffalo.
We traveled from Rochester which is roughly 60 miles away. We arrived about 2 hours prior to scheduled check in. I was amazed the staff made every effort to find us a room immediately. The room was perfect. We also enjoyed the convenient hotel parking and the proximity to all of the downtown Buffalo attractions. I've since called back to inquire on another upcoming hotel special. I explained my inquiry to Caitlin Schaefer, the event planner with the hotel and she eagerly arranged some options for me. She confirmed my request with Jim Burke, the Area Rooms Division Manger who made me feel like I am most important guest that has ever stayed in the hotel! We can't wait to return to the Adam's Mark Hotel Buffalo and enjoy another weekend getaway.
Michael & Christine P.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Michael,

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I appreciate your business. I have planned a few delightful surprises for your return. See you again in a few weeks, Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Very nice lobby. Rooms were clean, but a little outdated as far as decor. The service at the restaurant was bad, however, they did take some off of the bill for everyone, since they recognized they were understaffed. Very close to the train. Went to see a show at the Towne Ballroom in which we took the free train. Breakfast buffet was good, but overpriced. Overall, the stay was nice, and we had a good time at the show we saw.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris H
Chris,

Seasons Greetings, thank you for your review of your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our Director of Food and Beverages and his staff. We appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to your return.

Yours in Hospitality

Coldwater, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a shopping trip to Buffalo and I read the reviews on my way down, the reviews were very negative and I got quite worried! Upon arrival I was impressed with the lobby, the staff were friendly but not overly helpful. We proceeded to park and we were a bit concerned when we entered through the side door and noticed the carpet and furniture appeared worn out and dirty. We met our other friends and headed to our rooms, upon entering the elevator our concerns were diminishing as it was so clean and well kept, the carpets on the floors seemed new and the rooms were awesome...new beds, all bed bug protection in place and very clean. The sleep was extremely comfortable and I would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the front side of the hotel and it was wonderful.
1 Thank carol b
VisionsBuffalo, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Carol,

Happy Holidays, thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are so proud of all the changes going on at the hotel. Our goals are to be the crown jewel of Buffalo. I have shared your positive comments with the staff and they are delighted to see their hard work is paying off. Have a great holiday and travel safe.

Yours in Hospitality

Bonita Springs, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

BEWARE: The first night I stayed I received a call on the hotel phone at 3am from a person claiming to be Adams Mark Hotel Security, they said they needed to verify our reservation and need our name and credit card information right now. They were very demending and tried to intimidate you to give them the information. I hung up and called the front desk immediately they said they were aware this had been happening... 3 weeks later I am now having to dispute charges that continue from Adams Mark Hotel Buffalo NY the only thing I can conclude is that it is most likely a worker at there hotel. I never did give the person my credit card number some how they still got it....

5 Thank StephanieRyan
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I booked this hotel room via Priceline while I was under the dingy covers of a rundown and freezing cold Motel 6 bed. We decided to try to save some money and stay on the cheap as we were going to our 4th way-out-of-town wedding this year. Put it this way - we paid $20 more than the Motel 6 room we were staying in (which was disgusting, freezing and felt unsafe) and ended up the next night at the Adam's Mark in Buffalo and it was beautiful. Thank God. Everything was excellent. My brother did venture down to look at the breakfast buffet (which I think is $14) and said it didn't look good at all so we ate elsewhere. No big deal. We enjoyed our stay, just chose not to eat there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hbyr
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback means so very much to us at the hotel. I will share your feedback with our Director of Food and Beverages. I would love to hear more about how we can improve our Breakfast Buffet as we have a large selection of fresh fruits, cereals, pastries, with three hot entrees service both bacon and sausage. I am usually jealous of all we have to offer along with the homemade omelets. Thank you for your business and we will see you next time your in town.