“A big removed but a decent hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“A big removed but a decent hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've stayed at the Adam's Mark hotel and it's a fine ok but removed from the rest of the area. The hotel does offer a good bar with a wing special on Friday nights along with a good sized pool. Parking is off street and not included in any rate. Rooms are clean but are getting to the refresh time as they look old but are not falling apart. They have smoking rooms which I had to accept once and was not happy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Greetings,

I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback. We are a 100% non smoking hotel at this time as a result of feedback from our guests like you. Hope to see you again soon travel safe.

Jim Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

After booking at the Adams Mark, we thought we had booked a great deal! Thinking it was close to the concert venue. After walking back to the hotel, we walked into our room only to find EVERYTHING was gone, purses, clothes, shoes, makeup.... EVERYTHING. We went down to the front desk only to find out the rooms had been flooded. They took our incident report and we filed everything that had been damaged and I threw away the items that were damaged to no point of repair (the staff watched me do this). We had been guarenteed that we would be reimbursed through the insurance for all of the cost incureed. We then proceeded get somthing to eat from the rest. downstairs, we ordered 50 worth of room service... WHICH NEVER CAME, and we paid for it. When I went to the manager she got mad at me and accused me of cancelling the food. You would think a large hotel would want to take care of this right away, WRONG. The general manager, who I wont name took 2 MONTHS to get back to me, after me calling DAILY and staff promising they would get the message to him right away. NO response! When he finally did call me back, his response was to send all items back and they may consider.... when I said it would cost over 100 to send them back from where I live he said "well i guess there is nothing we can do for you".... I would NEVER EVER refer my worst enemy to this hotel.

Room Tip: I would advise to sleep in your car before paying $1 to stay at this place.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JCBritt
WAYLAND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good-Very quiet, comfortable, and large rooms. Beautiful view of city from room window. Served tasty french onion soup and breakfast. Near train station and stadiums.
Bad- Food at sky high prices. Does seem to have some wear and tear in the bathroom, and the door lock didn't work and the latch was broken.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was here for one night - Oct. 12, 2012. I was told by someone who has lived in Buffalo for most of his life that it was a Hilton in the past. My guess is that it was built in the late 1970’s. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel staff were very nice. The hotel has had a recent but partial renovation. Some of the room was new but some of it (the plumbing in the bathroom) was very old. The toilet did “run” but once I closed the bathroom door – I could not hear it. I was on the 8th floor – any yes, you could hear traffic but it was not that loud. Overall, if I had to be in downtown Buffalo again, I would have no problems with staying at the Adam’s Mark hotel again. The bed was comfortable and I had no problem sleeping.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the highway off ramp.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed for one night in this hotel. It is actually very old but most parts of it were renovated. There are no flat screens or modern technique stuff but the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Even the staff is very friendly. I think one can compare the Adam's Mark with the Plaza in New York City bacck in the late 90s.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
binghamton, ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Overnite stay...hotel badly needs renovation.. No docks for iPod etc. no flat TVs old clock radio tiny bathroom no lotion as toiletries. Nice staff though. You have to pay for parking which I would not have expected.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cebu
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

After reading some of the bad reviews, I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The beds were decent and bathrooms clean. Breakfast buffet was not great but for the price, it was good enough. I got one of the lower floor rooms and it overlooked the bar so it was a good idea to close the blinds. Although there was no one to help with luggage, it was expected from a "conference" hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends