“Hotwire Getaway”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level

Booked through hotwire for a buffalo shopping getaway for 72$ after taxes

We were expecting a shady downtown buffalo hotel but were pleasantly surprised. They upgraded us to an "Executive Suite" which was very nice, but for an executive suite it was not great. It was a standard looking hotel room, fairly clean and modern looking on the inside, had a microwave, mini fridge, and plasma TV.

Hallways and carpets were old and dirty looking, pool was fairly small, shallow and cold. No hot tubs but there was a sauna in the fitness room.

Wifi was free anywhere in the hotel with no passwords or logins.

Parking is 10$ per night.

Overall great value.

1  Thank TurtleNinjas

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed at Adam's for a couple of nights and we had a great experience. It is conveniently located and has access to both the historic downtown area and highway to go to Niagara falls.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Spend 4 days in this hotel and definitely is 100 miles far from luxurious. It is the worst by far, dilapidated, antique, non restored hotel I have ever been in. Dirty and messy are too nice of words to use. Coming from the Parking Lot I entered the hotel and thought it was the hotel service area or repair shop....no, it was the 2nd floor guest rooms hallway. I had dirt spots all over the floor in my room and I was staying in a suite. These carpets should have been replaced 15 years ago.....you had more management walking around in the restaurant than waiters. We had people that stood up and left because there was no service. The ladies tried, but we were more than they could handle. I cleaned my own table so we could sit down and eat; management personnel just looked (the 30+ young blond lady) and said nothing. They all should get fired on the spot. I was looking to this hotel for a future military reunion, but this trip help me decide not even to consider it. It would be great as a Kennel for hotels in the area. If I choose this one I would definitely get killed by my own men. At least the Adam Mark hotel is on the top list of the worst hotels ever. Congratulations!!!!!

1  Thank Orlando G
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This hotel is in poor conditions; everything need repair, the linens are stained, bathroom is old and not well clean, and the staff is clearly unfriendly and not well managed. For example, I bought water downstairs and the employee charged me the double than it was marked. I checked the price and asked her about the amount and she said: “If you want, this is the price”. I walked out of this hotel after checking in. Don’t stay here even if the other hotels have no available rooms. Go to any other hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Helena O
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We weren't able to check in until 4:30 P.M. because the rooms had not been "cleaned." Well, they still weren't when we go there. Bathroom had not been mopped nor swept. Spiders all over the place........filthy windows.........no microwave/fridge.........old television..........hallways were pathetic with filthy carpeting, terrible smell(s).........dining facility could not handle crowds.........good wake-up service.

3  Thank Richard J
Reviewed August 22, 2011

room was dirty, afraid to put anything on top of TV because there was so much dust. We changed rooms 3 times and got tired of moving. Our second room smelled moldy due to a leaky air conditioner and we were told that it happens a lot. Overall, the hotel was in much disrepair. The only positive was the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Southsider62
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed here as part of a convention and found the hotel old-,looking and outdating. The outside was fine, but once inside it looked straight out of the 1970s. The rooms were small, the furniture was old, and parts of the bathroom was clean. If I ever have to stay in Buffalo again in my lifetime, it won't be at the Adams Mark.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business