“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Buffalo
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went to a concert at the First Niagara Center. 4 of us stayed in a double queen room which was pretty roomy and comfortable. The customer service was great! Everyone was so friendly and when we left breakfast with full hands, the front desk kindly offered to open the elevator for us. Things like that make a stay so nice! The hotel lobby and elevator are very nice and remodeled. Our room was nice, but wall paper was peeling in the top corner of the room and the bathroom needs a few maintenance upkeeps done. We were within walking distance of many bars and restaurants. The subway was a few blocks from the hotel. Clean and affordable! I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was pet friendly. We went to Buffalo for the Leafs/Sabres game. We were extremely disappointed at the quality of the room. We were given a room that was not renovated because we brought our 9lb. dog. There was not extra fee for the dog which was nice. However, the quality of this room was honestly not fit for my dog. She has travelled all over North America and Europe and never stayed in such a sub-standard room. She could sniff the accidents the other dogs had on the room`s carpets herself. The carpeting was filthy and the bedspread questionable. The bathroom was old, dated and in need of a good cleaning. Needless to say, I didn`t even shower. I would have gladly signed a paper saying that any damage my dog causes can be billed to my credit card, (I have gladly done this many times). When I mentioned the quality of the room to Teresa at the front desk she said that it was a very nice room. I was really dumbfounded and insulted at this comment as my dog and I have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels and this room I rate as substandard. The free use of the laptops and wifi was appreciated and the coffee room was good. The breakfast, although self-serve and simple was good. I cannot recommend this hotel for travellers with dogs as they will be placed in sub-standard rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank SpartanQueen51
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've stayed here a few times over the years and am always pleased. It's pretty basic, but convenient to a lot of different Buffalo destinations. The staff was extremely friendly, courteous, and professional. The room was clean and quiet. Well...the heating unit made a bit of Intrusive noise throughout the evening, but nothing major. Simba the parrot still greets customers in the lobby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I recently spent the night at this hotel, the front desk serice was absolutely excellent, they were very friendly and extremly helful and even went out of their way to help me find nearby attractions etc..the room was very clean....would most definitely stay there anytime....felt very secure in this hotel...Excellent service....
would never look for anyother hotel in Buffalo..this is my place.

Teresa

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Was in Buffalo to take my daughter to the passport office. We just needed a place to stay for one night and chose this hotel. It was fine-- everyone was friendly, the rooms were nice, and the front desk clerk recommended a fantastic pizza delivery place. As others have noted, the elevators require key cards, and while it's a little odd I thought it was a nice safety feature.

The room had TONS of cable channels but, a little oddly, no pay-per-view movies. When I travel with my kids we usually rent something as a treat but that wasn't an option. In the big scheme of things it was fine-- that's what Netflix is for-- but I'd note it as an FYI to other travelers.

They also have multiple wifi points and the instructions are simple-- choose the one that looks strongest. Really appreciated that.

Breakfast was a standard hotel breakfast.

The parrot is cool, also.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a room number ending in 13-- they don't have them! For real-- our hall went 41...