“Pricey but everything was delicous”
Review of Trattoria Aroma

Trattoria Aroma
Ranked #77 of 1,060 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We went with friends for my birthday and the food was great. I ordered the Chianti-braised short ribs over risotto. The meat was so tender and the flavor was great. Everyone else's food looked great as well. We also had the creme brulee for dessert. So good. I would definitely go again. Reservations were easy.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nice selection of wines; varied menu, though the lunch portions are a tad small. Lobster ravioli is excellent as was the papardelle. Service is gracious and friendly. Glad that the large group who seemed to think they were the only patrons in the place left before our late lunch was served. Perhaps staff could be more attentive to the atmosphere of all diners and suggest that families with small children remain in their seats and not parade around the place cooing endearments. An isolated experience,but we were dismayed that it was allowed.I think it's time the interior got a bit of a facelift, too. Worth a visit and hope the portions aren't quite as skimpy the next time.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Visited Trattoria Aroma for dinner and drinks recently. The bar was busy and a good first stop before being seated. Both pasta dishes, Rigatoni Aroma and Pappardelle Piemonte, were delicious, if not on the smaller side. The only disappointment was that they were out of many of the appetizers and pasta dishes and our reservation was not that late (8:30 on a Saturday). Overall nice evening, although the new Trattoria Aroma on North French (East Amherst) is definitely my preference after having visited both restaurants.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

One of Buffalo's finest restaurants is sliding downhill. After consistently excellent dining experiences over many years, we have had two disappointing visits in a row, mostly regarding service and portions. New ownership?… new management?… "bottom line" priorities trumping quality and customer service?…

The most recent experience this evening…

As we waited at the bar for 30 minutes beyond our reservation time for our booth (when there were three booths available), we watched in amusement (annoyance?) while three young women at the host podium tried to figure out the reservations and table assignments. They truly seemed clueless, and although they tried (too hard) to be nice to us, we continually had the impression they had no idea what they were doing. The restaurant was busy (Saturday evening at 7pm), it was quite evident the rookies were in charge.

When we were finally seated, we learned (later) that the young woman who was our server was also the restaurant manager!! How can a restaurant manager -- on a busy night -- also be effective while she's waiting tables?? Apparently she can't.

The food arrived, it was ok but not great. Warm not hot. Salads were TINY (3 bites on each plate?) Entrees were half the size they used to be. Osso bucco-- one small shank for $28 ???

Something has changed here, and it's not good. This used to be one of our favorite restaurants. We won't be going back.

1  Thank Paula B
Reviewed April 7, 2014

First off I'd like to say this is now one of my new favorite restaurants.

Secondly, they prepared an appetizer and an entree for our friend who was vegan. (she called ahead). The appetizer was amazing.

I ordered a couple apps instead of an entree and I was so pleased. The mussels fritte I believe it was called was big enough to be a meal. So delicious, Fries piled on top.

I will be back many times.