“RC Cola?”
Review of Buffalo Chophouse

Buffalo Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Buffalo Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,069 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Buffalo Chophouse is Western New York's premier PRIME steakhouse, serving the finest USDA Prime Steaks in the region, along with a fabulous selection of Fresh Seafood. We offer our guests a 5-star dining experience from our knowledgeable service staff and superior caliber chefs. We are located in the heart of Buffalo’s Theater District and in close proximity to the Buffalo Convention Center, KeyBank Center and all major downtown Buffalo Hotels. We are the perfect place to begin or end your evening, celebrate a special occasion, or simply treat yourself to a most fabulous dining experience in Western New York. Be sure to make a selection from our extensive wine and cocktail list, and indulge in a delicious dessert after your delicious 5-star meal! There is a reason that Buffalo Chophouse was established in 2002 and remains Buffalo's go to steakhouse for the ultimate dining experience. There have been many imitators but only one original BUFFALO CHOPHOUSE...
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had wanted to go for while. The food was okay. Very pricey. The atmosphere wasn't at all what I expected. Our waiter (Matt) was awesome.
I thought something was wrong with my Diet cola, until I was told it was RC cola. Just figured a $200 check would finance some Coke or Pepsi products.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Bar none. Go for the ribeye. It will melt in your mouth. Atmosphere and service outstanding. On-site parking.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The service was absolutely top notch - great staff!!!!! The food was also fantastic - a lot for your money and oh so flavorful. This should be on your list to do when in buffalo.

Oh ya the paintings on the wall - weird - but the building is very neat.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I invited a couple of friends to meet us at the Buffalo Chophouse for dinner on a Thursday evening. I made the reservation that afternoon on the phone for 7:30pm. We arrived prompty at that time and the valet greeted us immediately. No hassles. We went inside and were immediately greeted in a warm manner by the manager and the hostess. We met our friends and were immediately escorted to our table on the second floor overlooking the floor below. The chairs are large and comfortable and the tables are great for either couples or parties of 4-6 people. Our server was prompt, efficient, extremely courteous, but not officious. This is the type of restaurant where you want to spend 2-3 hours enjoying your meal, and the atmosphere lends itself that goal. The crab cake appetizer was large and delicious. Our Caesar salads were perfect; the romaine lettuce was cut perfect and chilled, the dressing was just the right amount and tasty. I had the 32 oz. bone in ribeye steak. It tasted wonderful and was cooked to a perfect "medium". The wife had the Kansas City bone in strip steak and it too was perfect. The steaks are huge, cost about $52, but worth every dollar if you are a steak conneseur. Okay, so our guest check came to $330 (with tax, without tip) for four people. But it was worth every cent. Obviously you won't eat here every night because of the high expense, but the food and service definitely impressed and warrant the cost for a special occasion or if you just want to splurge on yourself for a great steak meal.

Many of the comments from some other reviewers about rude service, poor tasting food, or lousy ambiance were definitely not experienced by us. My only complaint/inquiry is what is with the dog pictures up on the 2nd floor? They are kind of unappealing.

We will be back soon and have added this restaurant to our list of favorites.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I dined here with my Mother on a Sunday night and surprisingly, there were only two other occupied tables in the entire restaurant! We started off with a Caesar salad which was fresh and huge! We both couldn't finish it because we wouldn't have had room for our filet dinners. We both ordered our filet medium and that is how it came out. Perfectly cooked, nicely seasoned. Baked potato was very hot and enjoyable. Service was great, drinks were refilled multiple times. I believe this restaurant is too expensive to go weekly or monthly, but it is nice for a special occasion.