“Only had takeout; loved it!”
Review of Gigi's Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gigi's Restaurant
Ranked #489 of 1,042 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Buffalo, New York
“Only had takeout; loved it!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Their mac & cheese is very good. I've only had take out here - so I can't speak to the ambiance. But I've loved everything I have tried! Not too far from Elmwood, Allentown, or Downtown sights (City Hall or riverfront) - so you could make a day of it.

• Visited May 2012

GRAND ISLAND
“almost too much of a good thing”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

GiGi's is flat-out wonderful. The only reason we don't go there more is that Polly (Mrs. CG) fears they serve "too much food"... Doug (The Cheap Gourmet) hit the place in conjunction with a ballgame as the snow lifted and had an anxious moment at the counter when he couldn't seem to get served... After 10-12 minutes a waitress came up and asked, "You takin' care of?" There's been an order slip on the counter, and "I thought you'd been served." Things really sailed along after that, with spare ribs (beefy and juice), collards (that sort of spinach on steroids), rice, the world's finest yams and a slice of powerful corn bread, gritty and grainy... terrific place and probably no business of any sort is conducted on Buffalo's East Side without, first, a caucus at GiGi's... the bill for this repast was about $12, total, including coffee... no credit cards but an ATM on premisis...

• Visited March 2013
Buffalo NY
“Best home cooking”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

One of my favorite restaurants. Best homemade mac n' cheese around and I have never had such moist corn bread in my life. Peach Cobbler is A+. I'm a vegetarian and love all the side dishes. Perfect size portions too. Staff is always friendly. Taking friends there this Friday.

• Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Ox tails, fried cat fish, salmon patties, and fried chicken. Everything was great. Sides were even better. Just good SOUL Food! You can take kids of all ages and your children will find something to eat that they really like.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank John R
Buffalo, New York
“Don't let the other reviews fool you”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Look at the other reviews I have done then come back to this one. GiGi's IS THE BEST RESTAURANT in Buffalo. It has been for some time. I felt abligated to wtie a review after seeing the low scores. I was shocked when I first saw the ranking they got. I remember the 1st time I went to GiGi's after hearing about this historical landmark and it was like a scene out of a movie. Two goofy white kids walk in the music stops everyone looks at you. Awkward. But when it came down to it, the staff and food made us feel at home. This place is a most for you if you dine in Buffalo. I think I've had about every item on the menu. I love the greens, I love the mac, the corn bread is awesome. Love the Fried Chicken and the smothered pork chop. Even Hamhocks the most disgusting thing is delicious there. I do agree though it is in a pretty seedy area and although the food may be good for your soul it's not for your health so don't make it a ritual. However, I really really say ignore those bad posts they are not true, GiGi's is a fantastic place, with amazing food and wonderful service. I urge you to tip well there, I feel like the staff really has to put up with some bad people and they deserve better! O yah wait the dessert the cobbler is awesome and get a mix of the Tea and Lemonade mmmm good stuff.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Irish311

Been to Gigi's Restaurant? Share your experiences!