“Best BBQ of my life!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We went for and early dinner which was a good move because by 6pm the place had a wait out the door. Very small shack restaurant, looks like a dive outside but as soon as you open that door and smell the BBQ smoker doing it's thing, WOW! We had beef brisket, ribs, pulled pork and corn bread. The brisket was amazing, best I've ever had, as was the corn bread. The riBS were VERY big, tender and delicious and the pulled pork sandwhich was as well. They also have plain hotdogs if you have a fussy child like we do. Lol. The prices are terrific, we fed four (three adults one child) for less than $50 and we ate ALOT. Just a hint, the five piece ribs with two sides was so much food my teenager who can eat everything couldn't finish. These ribs were bigger than average. They also had a few beers available if you enjoy a beer, and the casual atmosphere is great for families! Definitely go here for lunch or early dinner!

2  Thank Luckiestmomever

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Nice view by the lake. The best cord bread and beef brisket we have ever had. The corn bread is very fluffy and light with crispy crust and honey. Bravo. The chicken thigh is also very good!

1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I'm always in search of a good BBQ place and this particular restaurant hits the mark! It's a down home style place with paper plates and plastic knives and forks but the food is where it's at. Real slow smoked ribs and plenty of pork dishes to try. I had the full rack of ribs which were really good and had that nice smokey flavor. The sides are plentiful and delicious. The prices are rock bottom for the quality of the food as well. If I had a choice between Dinosaur BBQ and this place, Suzy Q's would win every time. Save yourself the long waits and high prices of other joints and give this place a try. I certainly wasn't disappointed! Also try a local brew, Flying Bison beer while you're there.

1  Thank timothy r
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Nice at-home atmosphere inside, nothing fancy. Fantastic food. Love the hot sauces! Wonderful friendly people.

1  Thank samyers1
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Looks like a hole in the wall, but the food is superlative...moist and flavorful meat, fantastic sides. Place is immaculate and service is friendly, knowledgeable and prompt. Went there for lunch and the place rapidly filled with locals who know a good thing. Totally unpretentious with paper plates and plastic forks, Suzy's concentrates on the barbeque which is among the best I've ever had. Inexpensive and excellent...you know I'll be a regular. By the way, the menu is quite extensive for such a small place.