“One of the best Italian joints around”

Sinatra's Trilogy Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 1,052 Restaurants in Buffalo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of the best Italian joints around”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I really can't say too much about this incredible place. The food is out of this world. I had spaghetti with clams for the first time--awesome. The hot banana peppers were wonderful. The Braciola incredible and what I order almost every time.

The service is impeccable, very attentive. The bartenders are funny. This is a traditional place, seriously, it's old school but the food is consistently exceptional. The only disappointment is you get so much on your plate I don't always have room for the delicious homemade cannoli! Well done!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank RobBogart

lima
“Excellent Italian Food and Service”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was our first time at Sinatra's. We were impressed with the decor of the restaurant. Our server was prompt, helpful and professional. My husband ordered their Sinatra's Lasagna Layered with Braciole and Ricotta from the regular menu. I ordered a dinner special of Seared Halibut over white beans and escarole. We had a choice of soup or salad. I chose the Minestrone Soup and my husband ordered the salad with house dressing and crumbled blue cheese. The Minestrone Soup was one of the best I have ever had. It had just enough vegetables, and small noodles in a light wonderfully seasoned broth. The salad was very large with plenty of crumbly blue cheese. The entree's arrived piping hot. My halibut was a large piece of fish, crispy on the exterior and moist inside. The beans and escarole were perfect with the halibut. The lasagna was a huge portion. The addition of the braciole in the layers of pasta was unique and delicious. Overall we had a wonderful meal with excellent service. We look forward to dining again at Sinatra's (hopefully soon).

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank sket101
Kenmore, New York
“Out of food, out of luck.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I have been here once before and we had a great dining experience. Not the case this time. We had a 7:30 reservation, got there at 6:15, had a couple of drinks while listening to the staff and patrons discuss how the restaurant was double booked. Lenny the bartender rudely brushed off two walk ins. We were finally seated after eight o'clock. We placed our order, did not get our appetizer until nine o'clock, completed the appetizer at which time our waiter (son of Lenny) informed us that they were out of the lasagna (that we ordered at 8 o'clock!). He told us to order something else and that it would be every bit as good as the lasagna, Ridiculous! Out of lasagna at an Italian restaurant?? (this was not a special, it was a menu item), We re-ordered and waited and waited . . . nothing. Finally we tossed down cah for the meger meal and left. We will not return. Don't waste your time or money. Disappointing from start to finish.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank bobr852
Niagara Falls, Canada
“MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE ITALIAN RESTAURANT”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Absolutely the best Veal Parmigiana Hands down of any Italian Restaurant In Southern Ontario or Western New York!! It is always consistent! Have eaten there at least a dozen times in past few years and always A1. Service food and Value Great! Lenny the bar tenmder is awesome!

• Visited February 2013
New York
“Great meal, great service.”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was reluctant to try Sinatra's because I've heard about the stuffy, old-school atmosphere, and thought maybe it wasn't for me. I don't do ingratiating service with crumb sweepers and multiple bussers assisting tables (I worked in the industry for years, and it's just a preference of mine) and having some staff member in your face every second of a meal just doesn't appeal to me. I didn't know what to expect from Sinatra's, but I must say I was so pleasantly surprised.

Our dinner was perfect, from the bread service to the appetizers and the salad and entree courses (no room for dessert, because the portions are enormous). The wine was good and reasonably priced, and our server was skilled, knowledgeable, and professional. He gave us great tips on the menu, provided excellent wine service, and was virtually invisible during our meal (although I could see him keeping a watchful eye over all his tables). This is a huge win for this place because flawless service requires such a balance of attentiveness without being pushy...you can tell the staff at Sinatra's simply possesses the years of experience necessary to pull it off.

As for the food...what else is there to say that hasn't been said? Everything we had was great. Well-executed, well-seasoned, served at the correct temperature, and delicious. There's nothing groundbreaking here--this is classic Southern Italian-American fare. But it is done right.

For the record, I liked the atmosphere. Yes there are white linen tablecloths, but it has an old-school vibe down to the Rat Pack playing during dinner. I thought it was cool. It reminded me of dining at Gino on Lexington in NYC in the 90's.

Needless to say, I will definitely be returning.

• Visited February 2013