“All yee who enter, give up hope!”

Sorrentino's Spaghetti House
Ranked #223 of 1,060 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We tried this place once last year; didn't like it, but thought we would give it another chance. What were we thinking? A disaster really. Bad memories flooded back. Let's start with decor - tacky is the first impression, with uncomfortable seating and surroundings that suggest someone arrived late to a garage sale.

Service was terrible - like the waitress was doing us a favor and didn't have time to waste. Food - we tried two of their major pasta dinners. Left 80% on the plates. Did we want to take it home? No thanks. I had "Carol's Creation" which supposedly won an award in 2001. It was dreadful. My wife tried the Cheese Tortellini. Pasta for both was barely warm. Garlic bread seemed dated circa 1995! Yikes, let's get out of this place. We drove down the street to Panera to cleanse our palettes.

2  Thank Mike K

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This restaurant seemed to be the only one open past 9:00 p.m. so took a chance. Great personable service. I ordered the spaghetti special and it was good. Great meatballs! I noticed that the person next to me ordered pizza and it looked great.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

First, let me say that Sorrentino's is always crowded. Their pizza is quite good, their outdoor seating area is a great place to while away an afternoon and they non-pizza Italian dishes are both good and of adequate portions. The only detractor is the décor. It reeks of cheapness, from the beat up tables to the well used chairs and the cement floor. But if one can get passed that, enjoy the food!

1  Thank MikeE73
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had an absolutely terrible experience here and I would not recommend it to anyone. I understand that mistakes happen, to me it's about how the waitstaff responds to the mistake. With that being said we had to wait 10 minutes before our waitress got our drink orders (her friend was visiting her and they were chatting) from there we ordered drinks and food. I got the fettuccine Alfredo my fiancé got the steak sandwich. She brought out our food and asked if we wanted free refills after she mumbled that they are not free refills (we has soda). I bit into my garlic bread and got a strong taste of dish soap, I had my fiancé try it as well we were both blown away it was so strong it tasted like they drizzled the bread with it. I went in to see our waitress (as she did not stop by to check on us) and I let her know. She must have thought it was funny because she laughed and yelled to the kitchen that she needed a new batch of bread. We waited another 10 minutes after this for our drink refills when she asked how everything else was my fiancé pointed out that the steak in his sandwich had a large fat vein running through it and that it was just okay (it really was poor but we didn't want to offend) instead of the standard I'm sorry, what can I do for you spiel that we were expecting she just turned around and walked away. We asked to talk to the manager, we waited for a minute to see if he would come to us (we didn't want to make a seen in front of his bar) but he waited for us to go to him instead. He knocked $5 off of our bill and told us that they have a commercial dishwasher which doesn't use dish soap -insinuating that we are liars. That was the first time in my life that I did not leave a tip. I understand that things go wrong but I do expect a level of service to make up for it. Overall it was an absolute horrendous experience.

2  Thank Jennnycz
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Came here for an early dinner on a Sunday and the place was pretty empty. But since I saw so many good reviews of this restaurant we decided to give it a try. Just an FYI this restaurant right now is going through some renovations and it was kinda dusty.

The service was kinda slow but it was because there was only one server working at the time. Order a Chicken Caesar Salad and Medium Pepperoni Pizza. Both was delicious, especially the pizza. It had a crispy crust, simple tomato sauce and good mozzarella cheese. The prices were reasonable and they offer outdoor seating as well. I will definitely come back to try other pastas and pizzas.

1  Thank Aznsd