“Wonderful Thai Food with Incredible Hospitality & Generosity!”
Review of Taste of Thai

Taste of Thai
Ranked #503 of 1,058 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We love Thai food and found a real treasure here. The menu is compact with bountiful options. We had lunch and the price was very, very reasonable. With our entrees (which were huge) we had soup and a luscious spring roll.

The proprietor is a young man who started this restaurant 8 years ago. It is no surprise, considering the food, that the restaurant is doing very well. I ordered Thai coffee and he apologetically returned to our table with 2 Thai iced teas, one complimentary for my husband. They were beautiful and tasted just as good!

When we asked about making Thai coffee, he returned with a bag of what they brew as a gift. His hospitality was not yet complete. I'd been seeking a Vietnamese coffee filter for a long time (and had been too cheap to pay as much in postage as the cost of the filter) and he sent us to the Au Chau Asian Market (3306 Bailey Street). I found my filter and stocked up on some Oriental staples. It's a fun place to visit if you, like me enjoy ethnic food shops.

There are newer reviews for Taste of Thai

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Went here for the first time in many years. The quality of the food was better than I remember. And very reasonably priced. They do not have a liquor license but they welcome you to bring your own bottle of wine. They will open it for your and provide you with wine glasses.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Went with colleagues while in Buffalo, I loved it. The food was excellent and the service was beyond excellent.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

This is a very nice comfortable restaurant and its BYOB. The soups and appetizers were all delicious. My tofu pad thai was very flavorful and the rest of my table enjoyed their meals as well.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Went to Taste of Thai with some friends. My favorite Thai restaurant in Buffalo. They do not have a liquor license but you can bring your own wine. The prices are extremely reasonable. The portions are real nice. They make everything from scratch including the sauces.

Started of with:

Tod Pa Muk, which fried calamari served with sweet house sauce. Tasty breading, cooked perfectly, tender, juicy, and very fresh. House made sweet sauce.

Ka Nome Bang Moo, which is basically pork stuffed french toast with Thai seasonings served with cucumber salad. WOW! Probably one of the most innovative dishes I've had in a while. The biggest surprise of the night. I have dreams about eating this again.

Entrees:
Pud Thai. Classic. Everything was perfect about this. The sauce was insanely good. Nailed it.

Nuah Gow Lye. Barbecued sesame beef. This was reminiscent of really tender and juicy beef jerky. It was not chewy by any means, but very tender, but it had flavors of beef jerky. Lots of soy goes into this marination. If you like salty dishes you will love this.

The last Entree was a special and I cannot remember the name. It was a crispy eggplant dish, and the favorite dish among everyone. The best part of the dish was the sauce. It was soooooooo good. The crispy eggplant are small breaded and fried discs. There are also loads of other vegys. I think there was pork in this dish too. Either way, it was rockin.

If you like Thai, go here!!!